Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108206
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need some clarification on my fuel setup " Previous topic | Next topic
biggie16gOct-02-10 08:33 PM
Member since May 28th 2007
84 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108206, "Need some clarification on my fuel setup "

My fuel system is stock. I plan on running 6-8psi of boost. I have an adjustable fpr that came with my turbo kit. If I use the adjustable fpr will I have to disable my stock fpr? If I use the adjustable fpr and set it for an idle fuel pressure of 40-45 psi do you guys think I will be to lean at higher rpm? Eventually I will be getting a fmu and when I get that will I still need the adjustable fpr and will the stock fpr need to be disabled? sorry thats alot of fuel questions guys but I have a hard time reading and comprehending these other post...

1995 eclipse rs-t. Might as well be a ford because I have to fix or repair daily...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup , eclipserstturbo, Oct-02-10 11:01 PM, #1
RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup , biggie16g, Oct-03-10 10:27 AM, #2
      RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup , RoninEclipse2G, Oct-03-10 10:33 AM, #3
           RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup , biggie16g, Oct-03-10 02:46 PM, #4
                RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup , eclipserstturbo, Oct-03-10 03:21 PM, #5
                     RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup , biggie16g, Oct-03-10 04:58 PM, #6
                          RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup , TurbchargdSpydr, Oct-03-10 07:34 PM, #7
                          RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup , ez, Oct-03-10 07:35 PM, #8
                               RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup , Ebster1085, Oct-04-10 08:32 AM, #9

eclipserstturboOct-02-10 11:01 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108209, "RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup "
In response to Reply # 0

You can run the FPR until you boost. The whole point of a FMU is to add xlbs of fuel for every pound of boost. For example, at 7lbs of boost with a 12:1 FMU you will see fuel pressures well above 100lbs. 7x12= 84lbs added to your current fuel pressure. You want to add fuel for boost, without maxing out your injectors while having a nice fuel curve. And once you are using a FMU, get rid of the FPR as it is pointless and does nothing at that point.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

biggie16gOct-03-10 10:27 AM
84 posts,
#108212, "RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup "
In response to Reply # 1

I get what your saying. Now if I run the the adjustable fpr do I need to disable the stock fpr?

1995 eclipse rs-t. Might as well be a ford because I have to fix or repair daily...

RoninEclipse2GOct-03-10 10:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#108213, "RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup "
In response to Reply # 2

Only if you're dropping the idle fuel pressure below stock levels to account for large injectors. Otherwise leave the stock one alone.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

biggie16gOct-03-10 02:46 PM
84 posts,
#108215, "RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup "
In response to Reply # 3

awesome thanks guys. One more question then I'm good. Do I have to raise the fuel pressure at all if I'm running stock injectors? If so what should it be at idle? 40-45psi is what I'm reading.

eclipserstturboOct-03-10 03:21 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
#108217, "RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup "
In response to Reply # 4

Only time you raise fuel pressure with stock injectors is when you add boost or compression. Until you have the turbo on, with the bolt ons in your other thread, leave the fuel pressure where it is.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

biggie16gOct-03-10 04:58 PM
84 posts,
#108222, "RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup "
In response to Reply # 5

what I meant was when im boosting 6-8psi where should the fuel pressure at idle be? sorry should have been more clear.

TurbchargdSpydrOct-03-10 07:34 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
#108223, "RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup "
In response to Reply # 6

if im wrong, someone will correct me, but when the fmu raises the fuel pressure, it goes to somewhere around 70 under a certain psi...i think you should get a sfmu if you can just because its somewhat tune-able...

ezOct-03-10 07:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#108224, "RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup "
In response to Reply # 6

Your idle pressure is fine. 45-50 is great with stock injectors at idle and cruise (vacuum)

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Ebster1085Oct-04-10 08:32 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#108226, "RE: Need some clarification on my fuel setup "
In response to Reply # 8

As others have said above, you are fine to run the stock injectors at low boost levels, but IMO I think it is always better to upgrade so as to err on the side of caution.

I have a BEGI rising rate fuel pressure regulator with all fittings and mounting hardware as well as a set of 270cc Accel injectors that I will let go for cheap. PM me if you are interested.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108206 Previous topic | Next topic