Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108079
View in linear mode

Subject: "CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU" Previous topic | Next topic
turbosruleAug-10-10 10:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108079, "CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"

I bought this kit off a guy on 2gnt pghsebring
I cant connect to the Hahn ECU using the R4
I opened the customer hahn map press connect to ecu
I get a ERROR CONNECTING.

I've tried 2 cables one PC and a laptop.
I wired the RED to 12v switched soldered and shrink then later stabbed it with a test light to make sure I had power.
Black to a good ground, yellow to the gray wire on AUTOMETER 9117 TACH ADAPTER.

Got rid of the in line Fuel pump replaced stock one with a GSS342 255 LPH High Pressure Pump
Did the complete Portfueler install,starts and idles fine BUT No way to know if the portfueler module is working.

How can I tell if the module is operating if I cant connect via serial port?

BTW No wide band yet I was gonna sell the vortech super fmu and stuff to get one.

any help or ideals much appreciated.

Hahn,Wiseco,Eagle,MSD,TurboXs
K&N,mopar,AEM,Greddy,Vortex,apexi and a bunch of other stuff..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, Ebster1085, Aug-11-10 05:18 AM, #1
RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, bagged420a, Aug-11-10 08:31 AM, #2
RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, turbosrule, Aug-11-10 08:36 AM, #3
      RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, 420agreenvilleSC, Aug-11-10 04:13 PM, #4
           RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, turbosrule, Aug-11-10 06:15 PM, #5
           RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, turbosrule, Aug-18-10 09:19 PM, #6
           RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, turbosrule, Sep-09-10 10:58 AM, #7
                RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, streetlightning, Sep-10-10 09:32 PM, #8
                     RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, turbosrule, Sep-16-10 09:34 PM, #9
                          RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, Broke4going, Sep-22-10 11:01 PM, #10
                               RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, turbosrule, Sep-23-10 08:47 AM, #11
                                    RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-23-10 04:37 PM, #12
                                         RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, turbosrule, Sep-23-10 09:56 PM, #13
                                              RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-23-10 10:29 PM, #14
                                                   RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-24-10 02:35 AM, #15

Ebster1085Aug-11-10 05:18 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108080, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 0

Best way to see if it is working is to use a datalogger and go log some pulls. As long as your car is not leaning out, PF is operating.

I don't know what kind of computer you are using, or whether or not you are using a Serial/USB adapter, but my guess is that it's an issue with the adapter cable. When I first got PF I went out and tuned the fuel maps a dozen times with my Belkin USB/Serial adapter, but I haven't been able to reconnect since then. I get an error every time. Pretty sure its an issue with the adapter.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bagged420aAug-11-10 08:31 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2009
107 posts,
#108081, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 1

First off, don't tune without a WB and some way to log. And make sure the driver for the USB adapter cable is installed in on your laptop.

turbosruleAug-11-10 08:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#108082, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 1
Aug-11-10 09:16 AM by turbosrule

Originally posted by Ebster1085
Best way to see if it is working is to use a datalogger and go log some pulls. As long as your car is not leaning out, PF is operating. I don't know what kind of computer you are using, or whether or not you are using a Serial/USB adapter, but my guess is that it's an issue with the adapter cable. When I first got PF I went out and tuned the fuel maps a dozen times with my Belkin USB/Serial adapter, but I haven't been able to reconnect since then. I get an error every time. Pretty sure its an issue with the adapter.

Thanks for the reply I am using XP I tried once with my dell PC and my laptop usb to serial Radio shack cable setting the port in device manager.

error!
It does try to connect
initially I just wanted to see what the numbers were, being that I got it used I wanted to see what it was tuned for.?
figured it had been tuned cos it came with the cable and no lid to the unit.
my gut tells me you may be right its the port communication.

Thanks for help!

420agreenvilleSCAug-11-10 04:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#108083, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by turbosrule
usb to serial Radio shack cable setting the port in device manager. error! It does try to connect initially

i told you that is your issue. i've emailed you about this already. try to source an old laptop

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

turbosruleAug-11-10 06:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#108084, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by turbosrule usb to serial Radio shack cable setting the port in device manager. error! It does try to connect initially
i told you that is your issue. i've emailed you about this already. try to source an old laptop

thanks foe ALL your help!

turbosruleAug-18-10 09:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#108092, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-18-10 09:20 PM by turbosrule

I've tried everything!
I even went as far as picking up an old think pad w/serial port to no avail!!!!!!!!!!!
still waiting on data logger/wideband.
I'll see what the numbers look like, It did feel ok coming under boost I am sure that even at 8-9psi there would have been a sure stumble if I was not getting fuel from the secondary injectors.

turbosruleSep-09-10 10:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#108134, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by turbosrule usb to serial Radio shack cable setting the port in device manager. error! It does try to connect initially

Sent the unit make to its maker,Just got off the phone with split second they confirmed that the module is DOA so I had to purchase a new one grrrr..!

streetlightningSep-10-10 09:32 PM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
#108136, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 7

dam, how much is that gunna run? i have my whole setup fs..

turbosruleSep-16-10 09:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#108145, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by streetlightning
dam, how much is that gunna run? i have my whole setup fs..

New one cost 280.00

I installed the NEW AIC-1 no problems connect with in a 1/2 second works prefect!!

thanks to all who tried to lead a hand.

Broke4goingSep-22-10 11:01 PM
Member since Nov 22nd 2009
50 posts,
#108156, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 9

This post makes me sad because my controller just died too. $280.00, better pawn something quick if I plan to boost... guess I'll break out the ol FMU for awhile.

turbosruleSep-23-10 08:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#108159, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Broke4going
This post makes me sad because my controller just died too. $280.00, better pawn something quick if I plan to boost... guess I'll break out the ol FMU for awhile.

it was sad,however that's what I did ran the sfmu till I got a new onew,,,wonder why they die?

maybe so you buy new??? lol

420agreenvilleSCSep-23-10 04:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#108160, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 11

they don't die. you either had it near something hot for a prolonged period of time, or you're just a rare victim of the universe's natural selection

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

turbosruleSep-23-10 09:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#108161, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 12

they don't die. you either had it near something hot for a prolonged period of time, or you're just a rare victim of the universe's natural selection

hey thank for leading a hand with all you help and knowledge.

420agreenvilleSCSep-23-10 10:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#108162, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 13

you're welcome. glad to help

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-24-10 02:35 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#108163, "RE: CANT CONNECT TO HAHN ECU"
In response to Reply # 14

MY advice usually starts out with "Do not listen to Mikey, he is wrong far more often than he is right" This thread is a perfect example. Any electronic device can fail.

You can lessen the chances of failure by mounting the Split Second ECU in an environment that is free of vibration and heat. In other words locate it inside the passenger cabin.

For the poster who said you cant tune without a wideband? How do you explain 80 years of tuning prior to Widebands being available? If you excuse is somewhere along the lines of all old cars being Carburated....Fuel injection has been around since 1953 if not before that.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108079 Previous topic | Next topic