Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107901
View in linear mode

Subject: "Temp Exhuast Fix " Previous topic | Next topic
zwickyjMay-21-10 12:16 PM
Member since Aug 12th 2006
51 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107901, "Temp Exhuast Fix "

What would be the best temporary fix for the exhaust outlet of the turbo on the way to the exhaust shop, for the downpipe. I have a five bolt t3/t4 and am worried about melting the fans wiring on the way there its about 2 miles away.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Temp Exhuast Fix , 420agreenvilleSC, May-21-10 12:37 PM, #1
RE: Temp Exhuast Fix , zwickyj, May-21-10 12:57 PM, #2
      RE: Temp Exhuast Fix , 420agreenvilleSC, May-21-10 04:17 PM, #3
           RE: Temp Exhuast Fix , RoninEclipse2G, May-21-10 06:23 PM, #4
                RE: Temp Exhuast Fix , ModeratorCorbin, May-22-10 02:42 PM, #5
                     RE: Temp Exhuast Fix , zwickyj, May-31-10 12:32 AM, #6

420agreenvilleSCMay-21-10 12:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107902, "RE: Temp Exhuast Fix "
In response to Reply # 0

do u have the downpipe on there at all?

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

zwickyjMay-21-10 12:57 PM
51 posts,
#107903, "RE: Temp Exhuast Fix "
In response to Reply # 1

I have the factory still

420agreenvilleSCMay-21-10 04:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#107904, "RE: Temp Exhuast Fix "
In response to Reply # 2

well, after at least a mile, EGT temps get to 800+ so you'll need to do something. I'm sorry, i really dont know what though.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

RoninEclipse2GMay-21-10 06:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#107905, "RE: Temp Exhuast Fix "
In response to Reply # 3

Flatbed towtruck.

/thread

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ModeratorCorbinMay-22-10 02:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#107907, "RE: Temp Exhuast Fix "
In response to Reply # 4
May-22-10 02:45 PM by Corbin

When I first put my HRC kit on, it just came with an elbow off of the turbine housing. I used flexible tailpipe tubing to fake a downpipe. I used a hose clamp to attach it to the elbow and drilled a hole in it for the O2 sensor. I hose clamped the sensor on. The ECU was not happy and it was loud, but I was able to get to the shop. Even if you only have a flange to work with, you could probably find a way to slip some bent sheet metal under the flange and clamp the flexible tubing to that. It will leak badly, but it is only 2 miles.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki

zwickyjMay-31-10 12:32 AM
51 posts,
#107917, "RE: Temp Exhuast Fix "
In response to Reply # 5

would anyone be interested in making one for me ?

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107901 Previous topic | Next topic