Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #106464
View in linear mode

Subject: "Intake Manifold "Turbo"" Previous topic | Next topic
Black CottonMay-17-09 10:55 PM
Member since Oct 20th 2006
114 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106464, "Intake Manifold "Turbo""

I see the debate in the other forum about the types of design, plenum volume, throttle body used, ect.

my car does not run at this moment, however i own, a JMF turbo intake, a MP 60 throttle body, an af/x 55mm throttle body, and a stock upper and lower intake manifold.

this is what i need. I need a donor turbo car, and a stock throttle body. and if at all possible one of AMM mikes "turbo" intake manifolds.

figure insted of bickering we put the manifold debate to an end.

heres what i will do, i will supply the dyno, mustang brand i do not know the model number off the top of my head.

said donor car with owner will b there at all times.

i/the owner if wants to, and the team running the shop, will run the car at a set PSI as stock as the intake set up can be.

next run, add the af/x 55mm tb

next run, add the MP 60 tb ~ slight machine work to the stock intake opening.

next run the JMF intake - stock throttle body
JMF intake - af/x 55
JMF intake - mp 60

last runs AMM intake manifold - stock throttle body
AMM intake - af/x 55
AMM intake - mp 60

going through all the precautions, maintaining consistant heak soak, proper cool down times between runs, and make sure each run stays as consistant as possible.'

any takers on trying to get a lagit intake on the market for actual power gaings.

edit: we can even try using the obx and venom intake manifolds. if they could be supplied to me.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Intake Manifold /, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-18-09 04:27 AM, #1
RE: Intake Manifold "Turbo", eclipse982nrRST, May-18-09 06:26 AM, #2
      RE: Intake Manifold "Turbo", Cyexmaster, May-18-09 06:57 AM, #3
           RE: Intake Manifold "Turbo", Black Cotton, May-18-09 08:46 AM, #4
                RE: Intake Manifold /, Moderatorbullettdsm, May-18-09 01:19 PM, #5
                     RE: Intake Manifold /, Black Cotton, May-18-09 03:38 PM, #6
                          RE: Intake Manifold /, Moderatorcs82685, May-18-09 04:14 PM, #7
                               RE: Intake Manifold /, eclipse982nrRST, May-18-09 04:44 PM, #8
                                    RE: Intake Manifold /, AMM, May-18-09 05:28 PM, #9
                                         RE: Intake Manifold /, Black Cotton, May-18-09 05:46 PM, #10
                                              RE: Intake Manifold /, eclipse982nrRST, May-18-09 07:21 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Intake Manifold /, Moderatorteklein, May-20-09 05:54 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Intake Manifold /, diggs2u, May-30-09 07:13 PM, #13
                                                             RE: Intake Manifold /, Black Cotton, May-31-09 12:27 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: Intake Manifold /, TeamDR1665, May-31-09 09:43 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: Intake Manifold /, Black Cotton, Jun-01-09 10:45 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: Intake Manifold /, Moderatorcs82685, Jun-01-09 10:49 AM, #17
                                                                                 RE: Intake Manifold /, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-01-09 01:48 PM, #18
                                                                                      RE: Intake Manifold /, Moderatorcs82685, Jun-01-09 02:48 PM, #19
                                                                                           RE: Intake Manifold /, AMM, Jun-01-09 06:15 PM, #20
                                                                                                RE: Intake Manifold /, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-01-09 06:24 PM, #21
                                                                                                     RE: Intake Manifold /, djtrickee, Jun-02-09 09:17 PM, #22
                                                                                                          RE: Intake Manifold /, 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-03-09 04:47 PM, #23
                                                                                                               RE: Intake Manifold /, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-04-09 12:00 AM, #24
                                                                                                                    RE: Intake Manifold /, Administratoradmin2, Jun-04-09 12:18 AM, #25
                                                                                                                         RE: Intake Manifold /, VendorRed90Sev, Aug-07-11 09:26 AM, #26

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-18-09 04:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106465, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 0
May-18-09 07:05 AM by bullettdsm

Love the idea! I would NOT have to pay for dyno time? Yay!

Though there is never an end all, to be all for something like this (just because of differences in set-ups and owners goals), something like this becomes very helpful in choosing the right part for the right application.

With that being said, we/I don't know where you live......

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTMay-18-09 06:26 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#106466, "RE: Intake Manifold "Turbo""
In response to Reply # 1

Wait like 3 weeks for my manifold to be finished and I ship it to you to have it tested as well.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

CyexmasterMay-18-09 06:57 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
#106467, "RE: Intake Manifold "Turbo""
In response to Reply # 2

I would give my car gladly to make those test! but I live in Puerto Rico so theres no way I can do it....

But I really want to see this done, I was planing on getting an Intake mani so this could be the thing that gives me the info to make my decision.

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Black CottonMay-18-09 08:46 AM
114 posts,
#106469, "RE: Intake Manifold "Turbo""
In response to Reply # 3

i live in Eastern Connecticut, i have several dyno connections that i am goin to talk to across the state and New York, to get this completed.

this is my ultimate goal really.

95% of any 420a turbo guy is running a star or varient and or a hahn kit.

id like the donor car to have a FMIC, and a 1-1 fuel system, after that supporting monds dont have to be drastic. like i said MOST of the turbo 2g guys are a straight forward log, 2.5 down pipe some sort of exhaust, standard build engine.

so it will be VERY hard for the average 2gnt'r to argue with the results of this dyno.

im not doing this to hurt anyone, or anyones reputation. mearly the opposite.

id love to see all of them make really decent power in diff. ways, to give members diff intakes for diff applications. and that way, everyone makes out, even AMM and Mike, and maybe even JMF.

but this is also the reason for using all 3 throttle bodies becuase well, not every member has one specific throttle body.

ModeratorbullettdsmMay-18-09 01:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#106473, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 4
May-18-09 01:20 PM by bullettdsm

Originally posted by Black Cotton
i live in Eastern Connecticut,

Get the fuck outta here! Ha ha, well, you now will have access to an OBX and an AMM (my spec AMM). And I would be more than happy to come help out, if that is OK with you and can be worked out.

Unfortunately, like most of my stuff, nothing I have is really "standard". My turbo set-up is water to air and short route piping with a "tubular" log shortie exhaust mani, lol.

And not to speak for Mike, but I'm sure he's not at all offended by this. They tried to do this with his mani in Neon form a while back (never worked out) and he was in. The feedback can only help in the design.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Black CottonMay-18-09 03:38 PM
114 posts,
#106474, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 5

well it looks like we have just about every possible "part"

less the venom intake and a 60mm jeep tb

i guess we now need a donor owner/car.

my car is no wheres near that poster car were looking for, and i guess bullets isnt either.

common members in the TRI STATE area, NY,NJ,CT, parts of PA.

chance to get a dyno session in, and be the poster car for the "intake off".

if we end up using a local shop, i will set you up with room and board!

Moderatorcs82685May-18-09 04:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#106475, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 6
May-18-09 04:15 PM by cs82685

I'm semi nearby, but my bottom end isn't built and am using an sfmu Although I do have the standard star turbo kit. If it wasn't so much crap, I'd suggest my turbo/mani/downpipe and fmic on mark's turbo motor with MS.

IMO though, any type of comparison to show how each manifold/tb combo reacts with boost is better than none, so I'd still be interested in seeing this test done with Mark's car and I'm sure many others would be too.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

eclipse982nrRSTMay-18-09 04:44 PM
6314 posts,
#106476, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 7

I can possibly send my Venom Intake manifold with my manifold to you, just depends on if my shit is running or not.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

AMMMay-18-09 05:28 PM
Member since Aug 27th 2007
86 posts,
#106477, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 8

i have no problem with having my intake in a "shoot out"....... marks car would be the optimum car to use for my intake though so im all for his car being the test subject, but if not no biggie.

mike

Black CottonMay-18-09 05:46 PM
114 posts,
#106478, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 9

who is mark?

eclipse982nrRSTMay-18-09 07:21 PM
6314 posts,
#106479, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 10
May-18-09 07:21 PM by eclipse982nrRST

who is mark?

mark aka bullettdsm

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ModeratortekleinMay-20-09 05:54 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#106484, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 11

This is an awesome idea!

diggs2uMay-30-09 07:13 PM
Member since Jan 18th 2009
8 posts,
#106519, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 12

any results or updates yet on these comparisons?

Black CottonMay-31-09 12:27 PM
114 posts,
#106528, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 13

not yet, ran a PCM issue, I swapped to a 95mtx ecu and it was a 94/mid95 ecu and I needed a late model 95 ecu.

TeamDR1665May-31-09 09:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#106538, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 14

Okay. So random guy who doesn't spell so gud makes me a bit apprehensive, but then I see that Mark's going to be involved?

Solid.

Color me interested. $20 to the site says AMM's manifold will stomp the others.

Black CottonJun-01-09 10:45 AM
114 posts,
#106542, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 15

mods please delete this useless post above, by a non helpful member.

please only post in my threads if you have quality info to add to the discussion. If you don't, then stay in your hole.

Moderatorcs82685Jun-01-09 10:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#106543, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 16
Jun-01-09 10:49 AM by cs82685

mods please delete this useless post above, by a non helpful member. please only post in my threads if you have quality info to add to the discussion. If you don't, then stay in your hole.

That 'useless post above, by a non helpful member' is made by an Admin supporting the idea and saying what he thinks the outcome of this comparison will be. If any one is going to delete that post its going to be Driggs. I'm sure myself or any other mod will leave it up there.

eclipse982nrRSTJun-01-09 01:48 PM
6314 posts,
#106544, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by cs82685
Originally posted by Black Cotton mods please delete this useless post above, by a non helpful member. please only post in my threads if you have quality info to add to the discussion. If you don't, then stay in your hole.
That 'useless post above, by a non helpful member' is made by an Admin supporting the idea and saying what he thinks the outcome of this comparison will be. If any one is going to delete that post its going to be Driggs. I'm sure myself or any other mod will leave it up there.

It was a worthless comment.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Moderatorcs82685Jun-01-09 02:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#106545, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 18
Jun-01-09 02:50 PM by cs82685

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by cs82685
Originally posted by Black Cotton mods please delete this useless post above, by a non helpful member. please only post in my threads if you have quality info to add to the discussion. If you don't, then stay in your hole.

Like all your gems lately?

It's showing additional support for a good idea which would provide a lot of support for the community. Sure Driggs doesn't own a 2gnt anymore, but the more people interested the more likely something like this is to happen.

OP, we are all in favor of seeing such a test, if you can make something like this happen Driggs will be one of the first to give you props and let you know how much the community appreciates the info.

AMMJun-01-09 06:15 PM
Member since Aug 27th 2007
86 posts,
#106563, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 19

marks got my intake on his car already so i dont know whats going on at his end.......... and your the man brian! lol!

mike

420agreenvilleSCJun-01-09 06:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#106564, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 20

god i hate all this hate. wtf is wrong with you all. get the fuck along with each other. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol i'm interested in seeing results, and matt, don't be offended, he's just claiming what he believes will be better. don't take it personally. we're all here for the same purpose. Most power.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

djtrickeeJun-02-09 09:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#106577, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 21
Jun-02-09 09:21 PM by djtrickee

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST

Haha. Nice one. Make fun of one of the few mods who actually tolerated your shit.

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
god i hate all this hate. wtf is wrong with you all.

Look who's talkin, have you checked your recent posts lately? haha. Welcome to the club.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

420agreenvilleSCJun-03-09 04:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#106591, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 22

i like my recent posts...

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJun-04-09 12:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#106602, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 23

2GNT.COM will cover $100.00 of the costs to any member that can meet the required criteria and can offer proof that they were the car that dyno'd as a result of this thread.

You guys finished?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Administratoradmin2Jun-04-09 12:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
543 posts,
#106603, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by DarkOne
You guys finished?

*cough*

$100, first player to step up and offer a baseline across these manifolds.

Step up.

VendorRed90SevAug-07-11 09:26 AM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
#108862, "RE: Intake Manifold /"
In response to Reply # 25

Did this ever happen?

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #106464 Previous topic | Next topic