Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1037
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wwebsite Updated" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamWyattJan-18-01 03:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1037, "Wwebsite Updated"

http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com/main.htm

I finally updated my site. I still have to link all my Car pictures and pages up but the new group buy page is up.
Check it out. I'll be moving over to www.turbogs.com in another 2-3 days so keep your eyes open. I just go ttired of the stupid adds on dsmpower.com and there server is slower. plus I'l limited to 20megs and that means all my moveis and stuff can't be located on one location.
Oh, check out my FAQ page and tel lme what you guys think. if you guys can think of anything let me know. I'd be happy to change/add anything there. Plus I'm looking for feedback from you other turbo owners!
Enjoy!
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com/main.htm
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wwebsite Updated, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-19-01 04:29 AM, #1
RE: Wwebsite Updated, TeamWyatt, Jan-19-01 07:00 AM, #2
      RE: Wwebsite Updated, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-19-01 09:15 AM, #3
           RE: Wwebsite Updated, TeamWyatt, Jan-19-01 11:33 AM, #4
                RE: Wwebsite Updated, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-19-01 04:31 PM, #5
                     RE: Wwebsite Updated, TeamWyatt, Jan-19-01 05:15 PM, #6
                          RE: Wwebsite Updated, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jan-20-01 08:06 AM, #7
                               RE: Wwebsite Updated, TeamWyatt, Jan-20-01 09:47 AM, #8
                                    fuel pump, 95ESi, Jan-22-01 04:10 PM, #11
RE: Wwebsite Updated, Jason 95 GS Turbo, Jan-22-01 09:26 AM, #9
RE: Wwebsite Updated, TeamWyatt, Jan-22-01 10:34 AM, #10
      RE: Wwebsite Updated, Jason 95 GS Turbo, Jan-22-01 04:56 PM, #12

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-19-01 04:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1038, "RE: Wwebsite Updated"
In response to Reply # 0

Looks good, man. If you'd like, i can do backup DNS for your domain, since i already have a running DNS server at my place for my domain, heavenz-not-0verflowing.com. Let me know.

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamWyattJan-19-01 07:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#1039, "RE: Wwebsite Updated"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm stupid Darkone, does that just mean a backup? If so taht would be great!
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-19-01 09:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1040, "RE: Wwebsite Updated"
In response to Reply # 2

LAST EDITED ON 19-Jan-01 AT 02:17 PM (PST)

Not like a mirror, it means that if your primary DNS server ever goes down (interNIC requires two .. primary and secondary) that i would be taking DNS requests for your domain. DNS translates names (www.turbogs.com) to IP addresses (206.109.93.48, etc) and back. It's techno-geek stuff, but it's the backbone of the Internet as you know it

which is also why my pics aren't showing up, i temporarily killed named (Unix DNS daemon) for maintenance in an atrtempt to make classless in-addr.arpa lookups work. Greek, huh ?

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TeamWyattJan-19-01 11:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#1041, "RE: Wwebsite Updated"
In response to Reply # 3

uhh , I kinda get it. yeah, when I get it set up and everything I'll give you a holler.
By the way. I've got the Direct Walbro Fuel pumps on order for you Star Turbo buyers. If people want them I can et them for you. The guys who bought the kits from me will get them. Not sure if I'll be able to pay for all of the replacement so we'll ahve to work something out.
Wyatt Leras
Soon to be www.turbogs.com

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-19-01 04:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1042, "RE: Wwebsite Updated"
In response to Reply # 4

Sounds great. I'm still having problems with it, i think it's started leaking again. It sputters about the samw, only now further into the boost. I also think i've got the 9lb spring, as i've adjusted the wastegate out to the point that the set screw is hitting the underside of my hood, and if i get on it it still goes to almost 10PSI. I know that with a 9lb spring, it should go to about 7, which really would be fine, but definately overboosts. maybe a defective wastegate? Have you had this problem before, Wyatt? Has anyone else ?

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TeamWyattJan-19-01 05:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#1043, "RE: Wwebsite Updated"
In response to Reply # 5

Nver heard of that happenign before.
So, do yuo want a 7lb or 9lb spring?
Wyatt Leras

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-20-01 08:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1044, "RE: Wwebsite Updated"
In response to Reply # 6

LAST EDITED ON 20-Jan-01 AT 01:59 PM (PST)

the 7. Since it's suddenly such a nice day, i think i'm about to go work on my car some more and see what i can do about fabricating a bracket for that pump, at least until i hear some news about the direct replacements.

thirty minutes later: Sure enough, the pump had moved. I loosened the hose clamps and pushed and it slid back into place, maybe 1/8 of an inch. Clamped it back down, reinstalled it, 'bout to go for a drive. Wyatt, can you get me a good deal on some 550's, an safc, or a fuel pressure gauge ?

-DarkOne

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

TeamWyattJan-20-01 09:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#1045, "RE: Wwebsite Updated"
In response to Reply # 7

I'll get a 7lb spring out to you as soon as I can. I don't know about the AFC and injectors. I check on it though.
I'm working on the fuel pump thing right now
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com

95ESiJan-22-01 04:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1046, "fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 8

LAST EDITED ON 22-Jan-01 AT 09:20 PM (PST)

Hey Wyatt, do I get a direct replacement pump too?

Oh yeah, I need the 7lbs spring too...

BTW, how come the kit originally didn't come with the direct replacement pump? (GS215 i think)

l e o n

Jason 95 GS TurboJan-22-01 09:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
#1047, "RE: Wwebsite Updated"
In response to Reply # 0

wyatt-- one thing to note under your FAQ's page. You say that you can use the wastegate adjustment screw to adjust boost pressure. You say that turning the screw puts more tension on the spring which is not true at all. if you have ever taken your wastegate apart, you will see that it doesn't. This screw is for adjusting boost drop off and boost creep. If you see creep, back it out, if you have drop off, turn it in. All it does is control how far the wastegate can open. Hence, why you blew your motor. You had it turned in so far that it wasn't opening hardly at all, hence mad boost creep. Just to let you know, so that no one reads it and starts playing with it and closes their wastegate off.

jason
95 GS turbo

TeamWyattJan-22-01 10:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#1048, "RE: Wwebsite Updated"
In response to Reply # 9

I'm not sure I agree with you there. Its identified as a "Load adjustment screw" in all the instructions I have found and in adjusting it in a and out myself. Yes, I did blow my motor because I tightened it down too far and boost to infinity, but it does allow me to adjust boost pressure +/- 1 or so psi.
Your right though, if it does adjust the "sharpness" (as my profec calls it) of how the wastegate reacts to boost and holds the wastegate closed for a longer period of time before the set boos tis oobtained, that is a good thing. I'd rather it be spooling my turbo up than dumpin git through my exhaust system.
I'm going to do some more research on this though. You got me thinking about it.
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com

Jason 95 GS TurboJan-22-01 04:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
#1049, "RE: Wwebsite Updated"
In response to Reply # 10

seriously take the six phillips head screws out of the top the gate...watch because it will pop apart. you will see how that screw goes through the top half. and just kinda chills there. when the wastegate opens, it hits that screw.

if you look at the way it operates though, that screw does not interact with the spring in anyway. I think it gives you that one lb. of adjustment because it keeps the wastegate opening smaller. it doesn't interact with the spring though which is the actual way it controls boost.

I actually used that screw to controll my boost when i first slapped my kit on, and i noticed i was at a nice 5 lbs. of boost all the time, then i would start to creep to 8 and i was like WTF? So, i played around with it, and noticed the creep went away if i backed it out, but the boost was still 5 lbs.

So, i take the gate apart to clean it, like i have heard you need to do to keep the deltagates working good. (<-- don't really know if this is true or not). So, i am looking at this, and noticed the spring doesn't even touch the screw. It hit me right then why shawn complained of boost creep plagueing him with that gate. he had the screw turned in almost the whole way. now you find out that was your motor's downfall, so i know thats what his problem was too.

my word of advice is forget trying to use that screw to controll boost. either buy the right spring, or get a cheap MBC. i got mine for 30 i think. That extra lb. is not worth boost creep and a blown motor. And, if you see that you have boost drop off problems, which i notice every once in a while with having no screw in there, then turn it in a little bit, and see if it helps. just keep a good watch on your boost gauge.

jason
95 GS turbo

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1037 Previous topic | Next topic