Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1030
View in linear mode

Subject: "star fuel pump/fpr limits" Previous topic | Next topic
manekJan-18-01 10:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1030, "star fuel pump/fpr limits"

what are the boost limits of the star fuel pump and fuel pressure riser?

anthony

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

manekJan-19-01 08:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1031, "RE: star fuel pump/fpr limits"
In response to Reply # 0

?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamWyattJan-20-01 05:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#1032, "RE: star fuel pump/fpr limits"
In response to Reply # 1

The Walbro Maxes out at about 115psi. The FMU is a 12:1 ration riser so it will keep raising pressure as long as the fuel pump can deliver it. 100+fuel pressure is siad to not always be the best for your injectors though.
I am trying to find a flow graph but can't seem to find it again.
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

ModeratorCorbinJan-20-01 03:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#1033, "here's a graph"
In response to Reply # 2

This is a graph I got a while back. I'm not sure if the star kit uses one of these pumps. I use the 255 lph hi-press Walbro with my HRC kit .

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC
http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

manekJan-21-01 06:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
31 posts,
#1034, "RE: fpr=turbo boost?"
In response to Reply # 3

thx guys but i'm actually looking for boost as in turbo boost itself so if you guys could relate that to the actual boost of the turbo that would be great......

anthony

TeamMuRiXJan-21-01 11:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#1035, "RE: fpr=turbo boost?"
In response to Reply # 4

The problem is it doesn't exactly work that way. You have to first find the specific fuel requirements for your car at a specific boost level that you are running. The fuel pump in itself will probably be able to handle the boost you intend on running. The main problem is the injectors will run short on you.

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1030 Previous topic | Next topic