Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #102917
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo knowledgeable people help!" Previous topic | Next topic
2GeclipseRSFeb-26-08 12:11 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102917, "Turbo knowledgeable people help!"
Feb-26-08 01:19 PM by 2GeclipseRS

Hey guys!

Man, i am being such a post whore lately but i've also been online alot lately. I bought some turbos from foggy. 2 of which need a rebuild yesterday...lol.

I emailed forced performance and i'm waiting on them to get back to me. I was looking for chra's.

Here are my serial numbers:

Garrett: SH 0925J
14411-05U20
466071-2

HKS: YD 6012J
GT2530-63T
446179-21

Now i was wondering if i can get a journal bearing chra for either turbo to save some money. There isn't shit wrong with my compressor or turbine housings. I've just got one sheared off turbine wheel on my garrett. There is minimal shaft play, i mean MINIMAL so i dont know if i can just get another turbine wheel/shaft or not.... Little t25 ball bearing jawn....

The HKS is shot to fuck. The bearings are almost dead, there's oil all over the turbine wheel and the compressor wheel is bent. I will probably run it like this after i weld the wastegate flapper shut but i dont expect it will last long. I bet it will death cry as soon as it builds boost. Lol.

Help me save money. I've been searching all week and my eyes are bleeding now from reading and reading and reading......

Edit: In short i want to know if i can do a ball bearing to journal bearing conversion.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

foggy45Feb-26-08 03:13 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#102918, "RE: Turbo knowledgeable people help!"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-26-08 03:32 PM by foggy45

i was running into the same problems my friend, hence why it just sat in a box.
the garrett is a TE2701. (the Serial number you have is the OEM plate from nissan) most likly FP knows there way around skyline turbos like and can get it for ya.
the HKS ones are a PAIN!! the're a garrett CHRA with a propriatary compressor wheel, therefor the only way to get one is a friend in japan, ask around the skyline forums, or order it from HKS ($600). FP couldnt even rebuild it.
HOWEVER the GT2530 is *Very* close to a Garett GT28RS, or you can order a compressor from garett and have the housing ported to match the new compressor. this route you might get FP to do for ya.

i will check and see if i still have the turbine from my first GT2530 and ill mail it off to ya.

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2GeclipseRSFeb-27-08 06:17 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#102921, "RE: Turbo knowledgeable people help!"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-27-08 06:24 AM by 2GeclipseRS

Yep. Onto the skyline forums since both turbos are intended for a *gasp* skyline.

I'm all over the place trying to find info about the conversion. Chances are good that i'm going to phone up hks this spring and order a new chra but i'm hopping the garret t25 can be saved and rebuilt on the cheap as a back-up. I have a stock 2g t-too-small 25 turbo that i picked up yesterday but i'm told they flow ass compared to the bb units i got for you and dont support nearly as much power as efficiently. It'll work for now and it was free.

I'll check my email and see if the guys from fp have good news.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #102917 Previous topic | Next topic