Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1017
View in linear mode

Subject: "Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??" Previous topic | Next topic
NemizisJan-18-01 05:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1017, "Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??"

I have an HRC Stage II, just got my car back with Wiseco 8:5:1 pistons, and Crower rods. Im wondering if I should still run around 10psi, or should I turn it up because of the lower compression? I'm trying to figure out the "equation" between boost, fuel, compression.
Lower Compression + same fuel output = more boost allowable? or
Lower Compression + more boost = need better fuel system (SAFC, 550cc injectors etc)?
Hope I made sense

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??, 95ESi, Jan-18-01 09:24 AM, #1
RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??, Nemizis, Jan-19-01 02:24 AM, #4
RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??, BoostnRS, Jan-18-01 09:31 AM, #2
RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??, Jason 95 GS Turbo, Jan-18-01 09:32 AM, #3
RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??, 95ESi, Jan-19-01 04:34 AM, #5
      RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??, TeamMuRiX, Jan-19-01 05:36 AM, #6

95ESiJan-18-01 09:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1018, "RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??"
In response to Reply # 0

how long did it take for the internals to be upgraded ? how much did it cost you?

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

NemizisJan-19-01 02:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
35 posts,
#1019, "RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??"
In response to Reply # 1

It took a week to get it finished, $1280 in parts, and $1060 in labor. I haven't been able to drive it yet with the crappy weather around here

BoostnRSJan-18-01 09:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#1020, "RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??"
In response to Reply # 0

>Lower Compression + same fuel output
>= more boost allowable?
>

you should be fine boosting 12psi on the fuel system that came with the stage2... however it would be a wise invenstement to get some larger injectors if you want to boost more safely..

good luck !

Jason 95 GS TurboJan-18-01 09:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
#1021, "RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??"
In response to Reply # 0

be smart, be safe. still run the same boost. if it detonated on that boost before, it will detonate on that boost again. true, you got lower compression, so it might not, but is it worth blowing up your brand new motor again? if you wanna turn up the boost, you need to figure out a way to get more fuel into the motor. for example, 400 cc injectors and the AFC that chris is running. I plan on going with a haltech standalone real soon to cure my fuel needs. I plan to push our stock motors to the limit and see how much boost they can handle before something gives.

jason
95 GS turbo

95ESiJan-19-01 04:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1022, "RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??"
In response to Reply # 3

How much is haltech system?

l e o n

TeamMuRiXJan-19-01 05:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#1023, "RE: Upgraded bottom end, what boost should I run at now??"
In response to Reply # 5

I agree. On the current fuel system, go ahead and stay around 12psi at most for now. It gives peace of mind. The injectors are very small and we are overcoming their size with high pressure. As for a Haltech, I think that is a very expensive - $2k+ setup - way to go and unecessary for a street driven car. You will run into countless problems if you do no have someone familiar with the setup to tune it. It's not that its not good, it's just you are going to pay for it. If you really want a stand alone setup, you should start studying the market to see what is available and what will fit what you intend to spend. but something that would be a halfway point, as in fully adjustable, but cheaper in cost and tuning, would be something lie the accell DFI. You might weant to start looking there.

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1017 Previous topic | Next topic