Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #9348
View in linear mode

Subject: "HRC Bolts...." Previous topic | Next topic
toykillaNov-13-01 04:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9348, "HRC Bolts...."

Can you get the spacer bolt and the nut and gasket at any hard-where store localy?? A damn bolt fell off that holds my downpipe to the turbocharger. It, of course ate the gasket but it also warped the hell out of the bolt. So I need the bolt, nut and gasket. Im sure I can find the nut and gasket easily but im not too sure about that bolt, any ideas??

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-13-01 05:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9349, "RE: HRC Bolts...."
In response to Reply # 0

All the bolts on my star kit's garret are plain jane hardware store bolts. Chances are you can find one exactly like it for $.50 at your local Sears hardware (they've saved my ass quite a few times)

You'll probably have to get the gasket from HRC direct. If you don't feel like looking, i bet Bill'll send you the nut and bolt, too, for next to nothing.

For Mitsubishi Technical Manuals, INCLUDING the 97-99 electrical and service manuals, click HERE:
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/
No MP3 for YOU!
Somehow, the Proud Owner of not-your.biz

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

toykillaNov-13-01 05:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
#9350, "RE: HRC Bolts...."
In response to Reply # 1

Well, I am hoping to get it back together tonight. I dont want to wait 2 days for that shipping. I will try a couple auto-part places around here before I have to call Bill. If worse comes to worse I will have to make that call unfortunity...although talking to Bill is pretty fun and I always seem to learn something....

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-13-01 05:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#9351, "RE: HRC Bolts...."
In response to Reply # 2

Bill's a great dude. I've always enjoyed dealing with him.

Take out one of the nuts and bolts that are okay, run by the hardware store and look for it. They're common, i'm sure.

For Mitsubishi Technical Manuals, INCLUDING the 97-99 electrical and service manuals, click HERE:
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/
No MP3 for YOU!
Somehow, the Proud Owner of not-your.biz

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Avenger EST with NOSNov-13-01 05:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
52 posts,
#9352, "RE: HRC Bolts...."
In response to Reply # 3

I use an aluminum 2" 3 bolt flange gasket for my downpipe. You can buy them at advance autoparts or anywhere that sells domestic stuff, adn it's reuseable......and it doesn't leak. the bolts can be found at any good hardwre store. replace them wiht grade 8 bolts. if you replace it with a regular stud from a hardware store, you could be in for a rude awakening (believe me, I know)

TeamJeff_99gsNov-13-01 06:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#9353, "RE: HRC Bolts...."
In response to Reply # 4

I lost those nuts a long time ago. They are metric sizes and easy to get anywhere.

Two of my studs were stripped, so I just bought bolts from Lowes. No problems. I forgot the size though.. sorry.

-Jeff
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T'd and HRC'd

http://gs.dsmpower.com

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #9348 Previous topic | Next topic