Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #78307
View in linear mode

Subject: "oil feed" Previous topic | Next topic
xtrickedeclipsexOct-17-04 09:22 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78307, "oil feed"

Does any one have the oil feed to the turbo, tapped from the head? I don’t think my turbo liked that set up very much....

anyone?
---------------------------------------

"Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things"

www.EnhancedMotorSports.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: oil feed, MrSlick, Oct-18-04 01:41 AM, #1
RE: oil feed, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-18-04 01:58 AM, #2
      RE: oil feed, tim97rs, Oct-18-04 04:31 AM, #3
           RE: oil feed, thedawg, Oct-19-04 06:27 AM, #4
           RE: oil feed, xtrickedeclipsex, Oct-19-04 09:38 AM, #6
           RE: oil feed, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-20-04 01:02 AM, #7
                RE: oil feed, xtrickedeclipsex, Oct-20-04 09:47 AM, #8
           RE: oil feed, turbo8u, Oct-20-04 10:50 AM, #9
           RE: oil feed, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-19-04 08:13 AM, #5

MrSlickOct-18-04 01:41 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#78310, "RE: oil feed"
In response to Reply # 0

I told you I had it like that and my turbo didn't like it.

Move it to the block and be done with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-18-04 01:58 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#78311, "RE: oil feed"
In response to Reply # 1

Is the turbo not getting enough oil? I kinda liked the idea just havent had time to look into it.

Terry

96 Eagle Talon ESI....Daily driver

97 Eclipse.........

tim97rsOct-18-04 04:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#78315, "RE: oil feed"
In response to Reply # 2

uf da! oy vay!
hummm, lets see: you wanna trust a shaft thats rides in 2 metal (most likely) bearings, spins in the 10's of thousands of RPMS, if not hundredrs, to a low pressure oil source that dribbles it in the shaft??????
at least you wont have to worry about coking!

thats like drag racing with 3 finger tight lug nuts on each tire...

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

thedawgOct-19-04 06:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#78340, "RE: oil feed"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah remember me commenting on that at the Socal meet?

I said something like "Whoah, you have your oil feed tapped out of the head? How much pressure do you get out of it at that point?"

Call up HRC and get one of their oil feed lines and block tee, they're good quality.

xtrickedeclipsexOct-19-04 09:38 AM
620 posts,
#78346, "RE: oil feed"
In response to Reply # 4

Well, it was fine for a while....not the best place to put it....i get 15 psi from that point....i would like to stick with the 50 psi on the bottom end for now on...hahahah

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-20-04 01:02 AM
8331 posts,
#78366, "RE: oil feed"
In response to Reply # 6

wow i cant beleive it drops off that much once the oil reaches the head. Oh well

Terry

xtrickedeclipsexOct-20-04 09:47 AM
620 posts,
#78389, "RE: oil feed"
In response to Reply # 7

yep yep

turbo8uOct-20-04 10:50 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#78390, "RE: oil feed"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by thedawg
Yeah remember me commenting on that at the Socal meet? I said something like "Whoah, you have your oil feed tapped out of the head? How much pressure do you get out of it at that point?" Call up HRC and get one of their oil feed lines and block tee, they're good quality.

my thoughts exactly

didnt we go over this already kno00b?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonOct-19-04 08:13 AM
8331 posts,
#78342, "RE: oil feed"
In response to Reply # 3
Oct-19-04 08:14 AM by Star Turbo Talon

Originally posted by tim97rs
uf da! oy vay! hummm, lets see: you wanna trust a shaft thats rides in 2 metal (most likely) bearings, spins in the 10's of thousands of RPMS, if not hundredrs, to a low pressure oil source that dribbles it in the shaft?????? at least you wont have to worry about coking! thats like drag racing with 3 finger tight lug nuts on each tire...

Yea that right, that explains why 4g motors have failing turbos all the time.

You dont use an oil drain for your source.

Most all turbo's are balenced to 90,000 rpms.....not quite hundreds.

Terry

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #78307 Previous topic | Next topic