Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #69434
View in linear mode

Subject: " vac to boost" Previous topic | Next topic
xtrickedeclipsexApr-19-04 07:33 PM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69434, " vac to boost"

Do most of you guys have a smooth vac to boost trans?

if not, what happens

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: vac to boost, Uberingram, Apr-19-04 07:37 PM, #1
RE: vac to boost, xtrickedeclipsex, Apr-19-04 07:52 PM, #2
      RE: vac to boost, jsupetran, Apr-20-04 05:07 AM, #3
      RE: vac to boost, Eclipse2NR, Apr-20-04 06:32 AM, #4
           RE: vac to boost, neovb, Apr-20-04 11:03 AM, #5
      RE: vac to boost, Uberingram, Apr-20-04 12:02 PM, #6
           RE: vac to boost, EclipseRST, Apr-20-04 12:34 PM, #7
           RE: vac to boost, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-20-04 12:49 PM, #8
                RE: vac to boost, GhEttOrAiD, Apr-20-04 01:07 PM, #9
                     RE: vac to boost, xtrickedeclipsex, Apr-20-04 04:58 PM, #10
           RE: vac to boost, xtrickedeclipsex, Apr-20-04 07:39 PM, #11
                RE: vac to boost, Uberingram, Apr-21-04 11:06 AM, #12

UberingramApr-19-04 07:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69435, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 0

For the most part I did. If it was at like -18 on the guage and I was just cruising and fucking stomped on it then sometimes there was a very slight hiccup on the 0 to pressure transition.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

xtrickedeclipsexApr-19-04 07:52 PM
620 posts,
#69439, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 1
Apr-19-04 08:35 PM by xtrickedeclipsex

icic... You said did? You don’t have it anymore?

When you say hiccup, it’s like your turbo is spooling, and the motor isn’t going anywhere, right? Then it catches up to it self right?

I think I kina was experiencing that tonight. I drove it for the first time tonight (the motor was just re-built). Mind you I cant go over 3000 rpm cuz I have to break in the motor. But my turbo is spooled about 2100 rpm, and im cursing about 2,200 rpm, and just for a sec I would hit the gas down more and it wouldn’t really go anywhere, then I kinda felt it but I backed off because I didn’t wana boost on the new motor.

Does yours do that, say your going about 25 mph, and at really low rpm (about 2100 rpm) then hit the gas, it will kinda bog over and not go anywhere for a second? Or is this not normal?

but hey, thanks for the help!

jsupetranApr-20-04 05:07 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#69450, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-20-04 05:11 AM by jsupetran

I have smooth transitions. The only problem I have in the vac to boost transitions is during cooler weather, I might get fuel cut at 1 psi (I've yet to build the radioshack FCD), so a hiccup would occur. I haven't gotten any fuel cut so my motors happy. Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix your problem...

edit: so when you say "the motor catches on to it self," are you making boost? I can hear my turbo spool at like 1 vac-0 vac, and of course the motor is not making boosted power yet. Then at 1psi, you begin to feel a difference.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

Eclipse2NRApr-20-04 06:32 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2002
581 posts,
#69452, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 3

I have a missing link, and the vac to boost transition is perfectly seamless. I am having problems with my car sputtering at peak boost under WOT conditions...

neovbApr-20-04 11:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
#69471, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 4

I think I have the same problem... sometimes the car just rides fine and transitions into boost without a problem. Sometimes, right around 2000-2500rpm, I can hear the turbo start spooling but the car almost bogs down and feels like it has no power. Sometimes it almost hiccups and jerks. As soon as the car transitions into boost, the car regains all the power and drives fine. I see it usually happens when Im at low throttle, maybe under 25%. I had a missing link and I didnt notice the problem with the ML, but I sold that and got the Star FCD. The troubles started as soon as the FCD went in.

Im putting in an e-manage soon... hopefully thier built in FCD will solve the problem.

NeoVB
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS TURBO
1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES DOHC TURBO
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

UberingramApr-20-04 12:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#69479, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-20-04 12:16 PM by Uberingram

Originally posted by xtrickedeclipsex
icic... You said did? You don’t have it anymore?

She's no longer turbo.

When you say hiccup, it’s like your turbo is spooling, and the motor isn’t going anywhere, right?

No, to me it felt like slight misfires.

Breaking in a motor with boost?

EclipseRSTApr-20-04 12:34 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#69481, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 6

Yes before I got the missing link I experienced this crap. Right when I hit 0 vac the car would fucking buck like a horse whenever I'd ease into boost. If I punched it then the car would run fine, it only hicupped when I eased into it.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

TeamXtremeRSApr-20-04 12:49 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#69482, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 7

When I ran the SFMU/missing link setup, transition was always seemless, and perfect. Now, what I think you are describing, is that at times, when you spool up the turbo a bit, you hear it spool, and see the pressure on your boost gauge, but the car doesnt really seem to go anywhere? I have had that same issue, but only on occasion, def not all the time..I believe its a fuel issue, and also an ECU issue. Just seems like the ECU is not suppling enough fuel at first. Most of the time, when building low boost, the ECU is still in closed loop, and even though we are raising fuel pressure though the injectors, the ECU is still controlling pulse width out of the injectors, and can be "laggy" at times. I don't think there really is a way around this, it just happens becuase all the conditons are present at that specific point in time, which explains this only happening occasionally. If we could make the ECU go into open loop control at the onset of boost, then that would be a good solution. Back when my HRC FCD went bad, i ran the car without any form of fuel cut control. Transition was still seemless, and never got fuel cut until i stepped on it, and was around the 4000-4500 rpm range..I don't get why it never got fuel cut at 0 psi, but it didn't

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

GhEttOrAiDApr-20-04 01:07 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
#69483, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah I think I have this problem too... Answers my thread in the MTX forum ... It must not be my clutch slipping!!

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

xtrickedeclipsexApr-20-04 04:58 PM
620 posts,
#69500, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 9

yea im pretty sure it was a fuel issue for me to... We checked everything again and the breather valve on the fmu was open to much, so it wasent getting enough fuel...

xtrickedeclipsexApr-20-04 07:39 PM
620 posts,
#69507, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 6

why did you take the turbo off!!!??!?!?

UberingramApr-21-04 11:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#69539, "RE: vac to boost"
In response to Reply # 11

why did you take the turbo off!!!??!?!?

Becuase I went and bought this:

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #69434 Previous topic | Next topic