Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #68011
View in linear mode

Subject: "piston questions..." Previous topic | Next topic
SteveMar-30-04 03:26 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68011, "piston questions..."

Ok ..I was just bored/searching..and I didnt feel like searching for 2 more hours. What are the real tuning problems with running stock forged compression piston/rod's and turbo..like what makes that compression sucha big problem...whys everyone lower it?....yes Im a newb I know..

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

GhEttOrAiDMar-30-04 03:46 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68012, "RE: piston questions..."
In response to Reply # 0

lower compression = less detonation when you're turbocharged

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=23&topic_id=241&mesg_id=241&page= that WOULD be a good link but of course the only information given is dead/404's because SOMEONE fucked up... =-\

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SteveMar-30-04 04:12 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
#68015, "RE: piston questions..."
In response to Reply # 1

aw and I wanted to read the howell post....oh well thanks man...I was answerd for the most part

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #68011 Previous topic | Next topic