Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #64980
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed." Previous topic | Next topic
solareclipse98Feb-09-04 09:03 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2003
385 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64980, "Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."

Hey Everyone,

As most of you know we are adding a few things this down season to solar and I need some suggestions.

My new valves got here friday and the machine shop is putting in new SI valves, seats, seals etc... (sp) I never got a chance to run Solar at her full potential. I'm thinking about adding NOS as well as having the turbo system. Does NOS work well with turbo charged 420a's? What type of kit and what is the best configuration in terms of location etc. I hear pushing it through the intercooler is good?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Formally Project Solar Eclipse
Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Jim Wolf ECU w/ Boost Jets
Jim Wolf Pop Charger Intake
Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs w/ Fully Adjustable Gas Shocks
B&B Exhaust - 3" w/ Dual 4.5 Oval Tips w/ 3" Test Pipes
Konig Five-O 17X8 Rims w/ Polished Lip
Blitz Turbo Timer /w Boost Gauge
Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Unorthodox Pulley
Stillen Front Nose / Bumper
Stillen Short Shifter
New RPS Clutch / Pressure Plate / Flywheel - Holds 550 ft lbs of Torque
New Fully-Built 5-Speed Transmission
New Howe Radiator w/ 18" Electric Fan w/ Auto Thermostat Controller
New Yokohama ES100 Tires All Around
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter
New Ignition Control Module
New Hicas (4-Wheel Steering) Lines
New Brake Pads / Brake Lines / Master Cylinder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., thedawg, Feb-09-04 09:36 AM, #1
RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-09-04 09:42 AM, #2
      RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., thedawg, Feb-09-04 10:17 AM, #3
      RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., ez, Feb-09-04 10:17 AM, #4
           RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-09-04 10:25 AM, #5
                RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., MotoFool, Feb-09-04 11:33 AM, #6
                     RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-09-04 12:42 PM, #7
                          RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., Teametx, Feb-09-04 01:47 PM, #8
                               RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-09-04 07:58 PM, #9
                                    RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., DSMRoadster, Feb-09-04 08:26 PM, #10
                                         RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., MotoFool, Feb-10-04 11:59 AM, #11
                                              RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., DarKReaLity, Feb-10-04 12:32 PM, #12
                                              RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., MrSlick, Feb-10-04 05:30 PM, #13
                                                   RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., 95redesi, Feb-13-04 06:03 AM, #21
                                              RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-10-04 08:46 PM, #14
                                                   RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., MotoFool, Feb-10-04 10:08 PM, #15
                                                        RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., Nitrous_RS1997, Feb-11-04 06:30 PM, #16
                                                             RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-12-04 05:46 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., MrSlick, Feb-12-04 01:39 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., Super20G, Feb-12-04 03:58 PM, #19
RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., a_miller_76, Feb-13-04 04:31 AM, #20
RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-13-04 10:36 AM, #22
      RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., Nitrous_RS1997, Feb-13-04 03:09 PM, #23
           RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., thegame, Feb-14-04 11:28 AM, #24
           RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-14-04 04:49 PM, #26
                RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., thegame, Feb-15-04 06:55 AM, #28
           RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-14-04 04:48 PM, #25
                RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., Justin99RS, Feb-14-04 04:56 PM, #27
                     RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., Nitrous_RS1997, Feb-15-04 09:33 AM, #29
                     RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-16-04 07:16 PM, #31
                     RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-16-04 07:15 PM, #30
                          RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., MotoFool, Feb-16-04 09:59 PM, #32
                               RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., MrSlick, Feb-17-04 01:00 AM, #33
                                    RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-17-04 06:50 AM, #34
                                         RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., UDLUZE, Feb-17-04 01:44 PM, #35
                                              RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., MotoFool, Feb-17-04 10:28 PM, #36
                                                   RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., solareclipse98, Feb-20-04 07:33 AM, #37
                                                        RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., Nitrous_RS1997, Feb-20-04 06:53 PM, #38
                                                        RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., GhEttOrAiD, Feb-20-04 07:26 PM, #39
                                                        RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., MotoFool, Feb-21-04 08:18 AM, #40
                                                             RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed., MrSlick, Feb-22-04 01:06 PM, #41

thedawgFeb-09-04 09:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64983, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-09-04 09:37 AM by thedawg

http://www.teamrip.com/accessories.html

Your setup looks really really nice btw. :drool

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

solareclipse98Feb-09-04 09:42 AM
385 posts,
#64984, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by thedawg
http://www.teamrip.com/accessories.html Your setup looks really really nice btw. :drool

Whatsup with the scatter sheild? Thanks i can't wait for the weather to be a little better around here.... i want to drive her so bad.

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

thedawgFeb-09-04 10:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#64987, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by solareclipse98 Whatsup with the scatter sheild?

Hehehe just messing with ya... with a fatass turbo and NAWS you're sure to break something in the drivetrain. That would be a good thing though IMO

ezFeb-09-04 10:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#64988, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 2

sorry, no input here, but had to say cleanest 420a turbo setup EVER!

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

solareclipse98Feb-09-04 10:25 AM
385 posts,
#64990, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by ez
sorry, no input here, but had to say cleanest 420a turbo setup EVER!

Thank you sir!!

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

MotoFoolFeb-09-04 11:33 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#64993, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 5

generally speaking on turbo cars with n20 you get more then the shot you get example 100 shot might outcome to 115 or 120hp gain on the dyno.

you want a direct port system.

id just run it a little rich when you juice it len ayalas car runs the bottle(100shot nx kit i think) with 28psi ona 20g.

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

solareclipse98Feb-09-04 12:42 PM
385 posts,
#65000, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by MotoFool
generally speaking on turbo cars with n20 you get more then the shot you get example 100 shot might outcome to 115 or 120hp gain on the dyno. you want a direct port system. id just run it a little rich when you juice it len ayalas car runs the bottle(100shot nx kit i think) with 28psi ona 20g.

Damn... hmm would be cool to have a direct port system on solar... then it would be insanely fast!

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

TeametxFeb-09-04 01:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#65009, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by solareclipse98
Damn... hmm would be cool to have a direct port system on solar... then it would be insanely fast!

Yeah, or insanely broken. I'll be installing a 50 shot this spring after a few runs at the track and some headwork. WARNING: Tune with caution!

I would suggest opening the turbo wastegate and tune the n2o by itself, then slowly boost it w/ the juice.

solareclipse98Feb-09-04 07:58 PM
385 posts,
#65025, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by etx
Originally posted by solareclipse98 Damn... hmm would be cool to have a direct port system on solar... then it would be insanely fast!
Yeah, or insanely broken. I'll be installing a 50 shot this spring after a few runs at the track and some headwork. WARNING: Tune with caution! I would suggest opening the turbo wastegate and tune the n2o by itself, then slowly boost it w/ the juice.

it is all about tuning... tune tune tune.... if you do it right it will work right.... people told me id be better off going with a GS-T or GSX when i first inharited this beast from my x-wife... teach the bitch to go sleep with a 48 year old man in a hotel room behind my back.. (no offense to the older dsm'ers.) but anyhow... solar used to be her car once upon a time....

I took the challenge and made Solar into what she is today.... all with creativity and help from 2gnt.com.... I believe if i put my head to it Nos will be a bennefit not a dissaster.

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

DSMRoadsterFeb-09-04 08:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#65028, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 9

I was thinking of doing the same thing. But just 50 shot though. Let me know how you fair, so Then I can squeeze too.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

MotoFoolFeb-10-04 11:59 AM
2103 posts,
#65067, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 10

start small and work up.

start witha 25 or 50 shot try 75 and then go to 100 shot.

a wide band would be pretty nice about now for ya.

DarKReaLityFeb-10-04 12:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#65071, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 11

also make sure you have the fuel to do it as well, 50 shot will be nice for now, till you tune well enough to handle something higher. i'm thinking in the future to add just a 50 shot to help spool but i would just be concern with fueling for now.

MrSlickFeb-10-04 05:30 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#65082, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 12

I have a DIY nitrous kit ready to go on... I'll prolly install it once the MS is up and running... and then I can actually have the MS running the nitrous system.... heh pregressive nitrous.... yummy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

95redesiFeb-13-04 06:03 AM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
328 posts,
#65171, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 13

How come his turbo is facing the other way... im guessing it is b/c custom....

solareclipse98Feb-10-04 08:46 PM
385 posts,
#65087, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 11

start small and work up. start witha 25 or 50 shot try 75 and then go to 100 shot. a wide band would be pretty nice about now for ya.

I found a wideband on machv.com seriously thinking of purchasing it.

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

MotoFoolFeb-10-04 10:08 PM
2103 posts,
#65089, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 14

msg me when im online ill steer you to some really good widebands.

i like the wideband that won this years sema best product fo the year.

Nitrous_RS1997Feb-11-04 06:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#65136, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 15

I have a 50-shot NOS wet-kit. No problems so far. i can only use it in 3rd gear or higher cause of traction issues though. Very nice looking car BTW.

1997 Silver RS
Wiseco 8.8:1 Pistons(back to low compression!)
Eagle Rods
T3/T4 Turbo
Custom FMIC
Greddy Exhaust
390's
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.3@90mph 2.015 60'(Nitto Drag radials, i suck)

solareclipse98Feb-12-04 05:46 AM
385 posts,
#65143, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by Nitrous_RS1997
I have a 50-shot NOS wet-kit. No problems so far. i can only use it in 3rd gear or higher cause of traction issues though. Very nice looking car BTW. 1997 Silver RS Wiseco 8.8:1 Pistons(back to low compression!) Eagle Rods T3/T4 Turbo Custom FMIC Greddy Exhaust 390's Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.3@90mph 2.015 60'(Nitto Drag radials, i suck)

Thank you! I'm not quite sure if we are going to throw a nitrous kit on her or not.... i think we are going to wait to get it tuned first before we decide to tackle both at the same time.

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

MrSlickFeb-12-04 01:39 PM
1120 posts,
#65150, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by Nitrous_RS1997 I have a 50-shot NOS wet-kit. No problems so far. i can only use it in 3rd gear or higher cause of traction issues though. Very nice looking car BTW. 1997 Silver RS Wiseco 8.8:1 Pistons(back to low compression!) Eagle Rods T3/T4 Turbo Custom FMIC Greddy Exhaust 390's Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.3@90mph 2.015 60'(Nitto Drag radials, i suck)
Thank you! I'm not quite sure if we are going to throw a nitrous kit on her or not.... i think we are going to wait to get it tuned first before we decide to tackle both at the same time.

Damn good idea! get her tuned before you go pushing things.... more people should do the same!

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

Super20GFeb-12-04 03:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65155, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 18

I had a 100 shot direct port setup, but umm.. unless your really looking to show some people up or something, I'd say a finely tuned 420a engine running 28psi is more than enough to make you very very happy... I sold my NOS kit, but to each his own... I am also focusing money towards a house now rather than replacing toasted engines :/ If you have the money to keep it up, I say go for it...

a_miller_76Feb-13-04 04:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#65170, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 0

Dude, no input on the topic, but how do you like your car with no AC and no PS? I've been considering doing this myself. Looks like you took out the evap system too. Damn bro. How much does all that shit weigh LOL Have any trouble steering and shit?

solareclipse98Feb-13-04 10:36 AM
385 posts,
#65186, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Dude, no input on the topic, but how do you like your car with no AC and no PS? I've been considering doing this myself. Looks like you took out the evap system too. Damn bro. How much does all that shit weigh LOL Have any trouble steering and shit?

LOL, not sure but i should weigh it all together to find out! I know i shaved a lot a weight.. We removed the evap,ac,ps, relocated the battery... I love how much space i have in my engine compartment... i mean REALLY i have so much room for add ons etc.. and it makes it nice and easy to work on it...

If your car is a daily driver i STRONGLY recommend not doing this same setup... I have a 1998 bmw m3 that i drive as my daily driver that i bought from a police auction.. In the summer here in utah we hang around 90-100 from june-august... I work from 8am-5pm by the time i get home have dinner and relax a little it's about 7pm-8pm meaning i typically drive Solar at night when the weather isn't so hot... during the winter i don't drive it PERIOD... I don't have rear or front bumper support and here in utah winters are harsh..

The power steering if you complain about it you are a WUSS!!! go to the gym work out a little!! it's not that hard to drive it without power steering and in some cases it's more accurate... the only time i have had any sort of issue was at low speeds or trying to flip a u-turn...

Our cars turn on a qtr dollar anyways even with power steering our turning raidius sucks monkey puck!

I love my eclipse... I have spent way to much money on her to just let it go.... But i can promise you its well worth it was for me...

I love telling this story... I went to this performance shop the other month and there was this kid i think he was about 17 or so... he had this nice GSX... i pulled up and parked next to him... the first thing he noticed was my body kit.. Like holy shit that's sick! i have never seen that body kit before.... he literally just about shit his pants when i openend my hood and saw the fat ass turbo and that it was a 420A with venom intake MSD all over the place under the hood and stainless plumbing...

He just couldn't believe he was seeing a fully built 420a!! with a turbo.. he told me after seeing that he underestimated the power of the 420a

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

Nitrous_RS1997Feb-13-04 03:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#65192, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 22
Feb-13-04 03:09 PM by Nitrous_RS1997

Way to represent Solar. Im too much of a wussy to do without PS and AC. It gets damn hot here in TN. Might i ask how you went about removing the EVAP system? do you get a constant CEL? thanks man.

1999 Black C5
1997 Silver RS
Eagle Rods
T3/T4 Turbo
Custom FMIC
Greddy Exhaust
390's

thegameFeb-14-04 11:28 AM
Member since Oct 08th 2002
1311 posts,
#65238, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 23

u dont/cant tune nitrous by itself can you? as in a wet kit, i believe it comes with the n20 and fuel solenoids so it should add whats needed correct? so all you should do is get your car tuned as if you didnt have nitrous then you should be ok right? (no clue what im talking about, dont know anything about it.) haha

New/More Mods Comming... New 1/4 Times In March/April

solareclipse98Feb-14-04 04:49 PM
385 posts,
#65249, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by thegame
u dont/cant tune nitrous by itself can you? as in a wet kit, i believe it comes with the n20 and fuel solenoids so it should add whats needed correct? so all you should do is get your car tuned as if you didnt have nitrous then you should be ok right? (no clue what im talking about, dont know anything about it.) haha New/More Mods Comming... New 1/4 Times In March/April

You will deffanitly need to tune! Adding compressed air and nitrous without the right tuning can get ugly real quick!

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

thegameFeb-15-04 06:55 AM
Member since Oct 08th 2002
1311 posts,
#65259, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 26

You will deffanitly need to tune! Adding compressed air and nitrous without the right tuning can get ugly real quick!

how do u do that?

New/More Mods Comming... New 1/4 Times In March/April

solareclipse98Feb-14-04 04:48 PM
385 posts,
#65248, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 23

Way to represent Solar. Im too much of a wussy to do without PS and AC. It gets damn hot here in TN. Might i ask how you went about removing the EVAP system? do you get a constant CEL? thanks man. 1999 Black C5 1997 Silver RS Wiseco 8.8:1 Pistons(back to low compression!) Eagle Rods T3/T4 Turbo Custom FMIC Greddy Exhaust 390's Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.3@90mph 2.015 60'(Nitto Drag radials, i suck)

Yes, we have a constant CEL... where im from i don't need to pass emissions

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

Justin99RSFeb-14-04 04:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#65250, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 25

sorry to jack the thread...but solar...that car is hot:bowdown

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

Nitrous_RS1997Feb-15-04 09:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#65264, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 27

Actually, you cant tune the nitrous kit itself, but you will need to alter things like timing advance when in nitrous.

1997 Silver RS
Eagle Rods
T3/T4 Turbo
Custom FMIC
Greddy Exhaust
390's

solareclipse98Feb-16-04 07:16 PM
385 posts,
#65334, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 29

Actually, you cant tune the nitrous kit itself, but you will need to alter things like timing advance when in nitrous. 1997 Silver RS Wiseco 8.8:1 Pistons(back to low compression!) Eagle Rods T3/T4 Turbo Custom FMIC Greddy Exhaust 390's Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.3@90mph 2.015 60'(Nitto Drag radials, i suck)

Exactly i hear that Emanage does a great job at this? no?

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

solareclipse98Feb-16-04 07:15 PM
385 posts,
#65333, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 27

Originally posted by Justin99RS
sorry to jack the thread...but solar...that car is hot:bowdown

No worries about jackin the thread i always love comments... hey justin can i post your comment on www.dsmpride.com??

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

MotoFoolFeb-16-04 09:59 PM
2103 posts,
#65339, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 30

as far as i know noone has got the timing setup working on the emanage witha 420a. (corect me if someone has done this)

look into the mega squirt with the EDIS setup cheaper too. and youra programer so you can even modify the code fora mega squirt.

MrSlickFeb-17-04 01:00 AM
1120 posts,
#65343, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 32

as far as i know noone has got the timing setup working on the emanage witha 420a. (corect me if someone has done this) look into the mega squirt with the EDIS setup cheaper too. and youra programer so you can even modify the code fora mega squirt.

As soon as I get the megasquirt running I'm gonna install EDIS on the bitch...

And BTW you can use the megasquirt to control your nitrous system... and do a 2-step rev limiter...

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

solareclipse98Feb-17-04 06:50 AM
385 posts,
#65358, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 33

Originally posted by MrSlick
Originally posted by MotoFool as far as i know noone has got the timing setup working on the emanage witha 420a. (corect me if someone has done this) look into the mega squirt with the EDIS setup cheaper too. and youra programer so you can even modify the code fora mega squirt.
As soon as I get the megasquirt running I'm gonna install EDIS on the bitch... And BTW you can use the megasquirt to control your nitrous system... and do a 2-step rev limiter...

I believe my MSD-DIS2 can do the rev limiter thing as well... megasquirt may be something i might look into...

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

UDLUZEFeb-17-04 01:44 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2002
60 posts,
#65376, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 34

I've never had any problems with running nitrous on my turbo 420a. I ran a 120 shot all last season, without any timing reatard. I ran it on top of 15psi of boost on my s16g. I used http://www.robietherobot.com/NitrousJetCalculator.htm to tune the jet sizes for the fuel pressure I was running. The only problem I had was traction. The engine ran strong, and won alot of races.

http://quickwhips.com/

(BUILT SHORTBLOCK, HRC S20G-H W/ FMIC, CRANE 16S, 450 dsm injectors, Chillfactory regulator, 3" EXHAUST, SPEC CLUTCH)

MotoFoolFeb-17-04 10:28 PM
2103 posts,
#65406, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 35

mega squirt would be a much better option then a msd dis2

as mr slick said it was built with controlling nitrous in mind.

solareclipse98Feb-20-04 07:33 AM
385 posts,
#65577, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 36

mega squirt would be a much better option then a msd dis2 as mr slick said it was built with controlling nitrous in mind.

How difficult is it to setup? We are close to being operational again.

Now Entering 300ZX Land.

Freshly Painted Calipers
Stillen Short Shifter
New Tension Rods
New Fuel Injectors
New Spark Plugs
New Motor Mounts
New Vacuum Hoses
New Heater Core
New Fuel Filter

Nitrous_RS1997Feb-20-04 06:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#65608, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 37

Do you have the programmable DIS-2 MSD ignition? if so, you can adjust timing with it, at different RPM's, and also based on Boost.

1997 Silver RS
Eagle Rods
T3/T4 Turbo
Custom FMIC
Greddy Exhaust
390's

GhEttOrAiDFeb-20-04 07:26 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
1226 posts,
#65614, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 38
Feb-20-04 07:32 PM by GhEttOrAiD

It loooks like you did waht I want to do... remove all that EVAP bullshit on the passenger side... Where does it all attatch/what do I want to crimp off to make this happen? I'd like my engine bay to look that clean/open!!

<edit>

OH NO no power steering!! AHHH

<edit2>

Damn... your gallery makes me want to strip out back seat/everything behind drivers seat.. LOL

FS: 2.5" Test Pipe 25 shipped

MotoFoolFeb-21-04 08:18 AM
2103 posts,
#65643, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 37

Originally posted by MotoFool mega squirt would be a much better option then a msd dis2 as mr slick said it was built with controlling nitrous in mind.

can you solder? can you read directions?

you should be able to figure it out. if not there are a couple people on the board that can build them. plus you could buy a already built one off neons.org or a couple other places that they are popular.

MrSlickFeb-22-04 01:06 PM
1120 posts,
#65712, "RE: Turbo and Nos Combo... Your Suggestions Needed."
In response to Reply # 40

Originally posted by MotoFool mega squirt would be a much better option then a msd dis2 as mr slick said it was built with controlling nitrous in mind.
can you solder? can you read directions? you should be able to figure it out. if not there are a couple people on the board that can build them. plus you could buy a already built one off neons.org or a couple other places that they are popular.

I should have got my Megasquirt installed yesterday, but the hangover took priority... haha. Once I get my Megasquirt running I'll happilly build one for anyone that needs one, and have it ready setup for a 420a turbo... for a nominal fee of course. But as Motofool says, if you can solder you should be able to make one... and we all know that most of the people on this board are more than capable with their hands!

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #64980 Previous topic | Next topic