Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #61179
View in linear mode

Subject: "fuel system...." Previous topic | Next topic
ajcfalconNov-22-03 05:41 PM
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
1104 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61179, "fuel system...."

i bought a star performance stage 2, but i didnt get a fuel pump or an FPR. A guy i know told me i shouldnt need them right now becuase i only want to run like 5 - 7 psi of boost. just wondering what the experts have to say...
anything will help
thanks

1998 GS
Mods: Cold air intake, Ported/polished stock intake manifold, AFX 55mm TB, Pacesetter header,
Custom Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system, AFX Underdrive pulley,
B&M short throw shifter(cut/welded), Symborski Shift Kit, Solid front motor mount, Monster ground wire kit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: fuel system...., Cereal5, Nov-22-03 07:04 PM, #1
RE: fuel system...., ajcfalcon, Nov-23-03 05:03 AM, #2
      RE: fuel system...., jsupetran, Nov-23-03 06:21 AM, #3
           RE: fuel system...., ajcfalcon, Nov-23-03 02:28 PM, #4
                RE: fuel system...., jsupetran, Nov-23-03 02:36 PM, #5
                     RE: fuel system...., ajcfalcon, Nov-23-03 03:21 PM, #6
                          RE: fuel system...., jsupetran, Nov-23-03 03:54 PM, #7
                               RE: fuel system...., ajcfalcon, Nov-23-03 04:08 PM, #8
                                    RE: fuel system...., Collente, Nov-23-03 04:24 PM, #9
                                         RE: fuel system...., ajcfalcon, Nov-23-03 04:38 PM, #10
                                              RE: fuel system...., Collente, Nov-23-03 04:52 PM, #11
                                                   RE: fuel system...., ajcfalcon, Nov-23-03 05:07 PM, #12
                                                        RE: fuel system...., Collente, Nov-23-03 05:17 PM, #13
                                                             RE: fuel system...., ajcfalcon, Nov-23-03 06:28 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: fuel system...., Cereal5, Nov-23-03 10:46 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: fuel system...., ajcfalcon, Nov-24-03 02:53 PM, #16

Cereal5Nov-22-03 07:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1016 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61183, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 0

UHHH YOU DEFINATELY NEED A RISING RATE FPR. And a fuel pump.

More boost means you need more fuel... and your stock regulator wouldnt raise the pressure when you went into boost.

And once you have a regulator, your stock pump can't flow enough on it's own. Either replace it with an intank, or get an inline to help it out.

Also, check out my post about the new FPR from Chill Factory... Looks like a great alternative to the SFMU.

amiller99rs: seriously, chicks suck sometimes
amiller99rs: like if a girl walked by and said "Hey, nice cock" and just kept going you'd smile all day about that

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ajcfalconNov-23-03 05:03 AM
1104 posts,
#61192, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 1

so will it be ok for about a month, or should i just not drive my car until i get them??

1998 GS
Mods: Cold air intake, Ported/polished stock intake manifold, AFX 55mm TB, Pacesetter header,
B&M short throw shifter(cut/welded), Symborski Shift Kit, Solid front motor mount, Monster ground wire kit.

jsupetranNov-23-03 06:21 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#61195, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 2
Nov-23-03 06:22 AM by jsupetran

Originally posted by ajcfalcon
so will it be ok for about a month, or should i just not drive my car until i get them??

NO don't drive with out the fmu. consider this. i have stock injectors, my stock idle is 47, and my full boost fuel pressure is 85 psi. if i don't have a rising fpr, my fuel pressure would only go to 55 psi. get what im saying. lean conditions =detonation. so unless you wanna buy a new motor in a month, then don't install drive till the fuel system is complete.

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

ajcfalconNov-23-03 02:28 PM
1104 posts,
#61221, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 3

so can i just get one or the other or do i need both? a fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator, or one or the other?

1998 GS

jsupetranNov-23-03 02:36 PM
4359 posts,
#61222, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 4

BOTH!!! the star kit doesn't use an inline fuel pump like the hrc kit so you NEED the high flow fuel in tank fuel pump that they include in their kit to get enough fuel.

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

ajcfalconNov-23-03 03:21 PM
1104 posts,
#61227, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 5

do you know where i can get these for cheap. i was looking at the chillfactor FPR. it looks and sounds to me like a good setup. but what about the fuel pump?

1998 GS

jsupetranNov-23-03 03:54 PM
4359 posts,
#61231, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 6
Nov-23-03 04:11 PM by jsupetran

someone correct me if i am wrong, but a 255 walbro fuel pump would be good (100) at summit, or any online store.

don't know too much about the chill factory one though.

who is supplying you the star kit, so that i can avoid ordering from them.

edit: just remember that when your gonna buy a replacement fpr, you have to use one that rises with boost, not just any fpr.

-------jezreel

ajcfalconNov-23-03 04:08 PM
1104 posts,
#61233, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 7

i got it used from a guy i know. he sold the car with the fuel system still on it.

also, does anyone know anything about the weapon R FPR??

1998 GS

CollenteNov-23-03 04:24 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2002
2447 posts,
#61235, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 8
Nov-23-03 04:26 PM by Collente

Here is what you NEED:

1. High flow fuel pump. The walbro 255 is the cheapest can get it for around ~$90. Make sure you are getting one for the 420a eclipse not the 4g63 eclipse. You can get intanks, but I dont know where.

2. RISING rate fpr. This will rise your fuel pressure to your boosted amount. SFMU or the new unit from chill factor. I wouldn't recomend anything else. Then do a search on the FP you need at what PSI, and what disk/ring combo you will need.

3. FP gauge, you need to know your fp.

4. if you dont have a egt gauge, you need to get one of those also.
5. air/fuel ratio gauge. This will tell you if you are running lean with will help you tune the car.

Now these are the 2 most important things. You friend is an idiot( or at least about this). If you try and boost your car without both of these items you will get your wish and blow up.

Edit: I can't count.

Nick
97RS

turbo8u> shut your SUCK
ZAO684: NIPPLE warning...maybe>?

ajcfalconNov-23-03 04:38 PM
1104 posts,
#61238, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 9

the problem is, i am on a super tight budget. the walbro 255 is fine for the pump. but i need a cheap FPR that will get me by for now. can i get maybe the hahn FPR? will that work and will it be cheap? if not, i am probably going to go with the chill factor.

i spent all my money an an incomplete turbo kit.... LMAO

1998 GS

CollenteNov-23-03 04:52 PM
2447 posts,
#61240, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 10

haha no big deal man... I wouldn't use the HRC fpr it blows. Go with what we know works (which is the sfmu), but the chillfactor is pretty much the same thing.
Nick
97RS

turbo8u> shut your SUCK

ajcfalconNov-23-03 05:07 PM
1104 posts,
#61242, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 11

alright thanks a lot man. one more question. my shop is about an hour away from here, so if i just keep the rpms low will it be ok to get home, or should i just keep it at the shop until i get my fuel mods? id rather do my fuel mods at my house and keep my car in my garage at my house, but what do you think? can i get home if i set the boost all the way down?

1998 GS

CollenteNov-23-03 05:17 PM
2447 posts,
#61243, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 12

Disconnect the wastegate so that you don't make any boost. Or just make sure that YOU DO NOT BOOST, and you'll be fine. Drive like a gma.
Nick
97RS

turbo8u> shut your SUCK

ajcfalconNov-23-03 06:28 PM
1104 posts,
#61249, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 13

thanks man

1998 GS

Cereal5Nov-23-03 10:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1016 posts,
#61256, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 14

Definately check out the chill factor FPR... mucho cheaper then the Vortech unit.

amiller99rs: seriously, chicks suck sometimes
amiller99rs: like if a girl walked by and said "Hey, nice cock" and just kept going you'd smile all day about that

ajcfalconNov-24-03 02:53 PM
1104 posts,
#61323, "RE: fuel system...."
In response to Reply # 15

does anyone have a used SFMU or boost dependant FPR they want to get rid of? if not, where can i get one for the best price?

1998 GS

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #61179 Previous topic | Next topic