Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #56997
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need suggestions" Previous topic | Next topic
jerseystyle1Sep-26-03 01:16 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56997, "Need suggestions"

Alright this is my first turbo post and I just want to know your recommendations. By mid october I should have enough to get my timing belt done and a Star stage I. My question is, should I get the stage I or should I save for the stage II? Here's the dilemma, I am shipping my car to Germany in the end of November, and I am not sure if that will leave me enough time to save for the stage II and install it. What do you all think?

BTW, where can I find some info (besides reading in here) to smarten up on Turbos?

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratormicyekSep-26-03 02:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57002, "RE: Need suggestions"
In response to Reply # 0

I say just get the stage one for right now...and in the near future when you have a enough money saved up get the stage 2 stuff. Especially if time is an issue...I personally don't think that you want to rush though a turbo install and chance not having your car ready to be shipped. And with winter aproaching the intake air temps will be less of an issue anyway

BTW...have fun on the autobahn....it's a riot}(

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RemySep-26-03 04:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#57006, "RE: Need suggestions"
In response to Reply # 1

Yea just get the Stage 1 (like I have been saying for months ) Like the above guys said , being its gonna be colder your temps wont be as bad. Also make sure you have your fuel mods because that will also keep your egt's down.

Edit: Not all dsm's suck, just mine

jerseystyle1Sep-26-03 08:11 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#57020, "RE: Need suggestions"
In response to Reply # 2

Will my SAFC help this out?

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

ModeratormicyekSep-26-03 08:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#57022, "RE: Need suggestions"
In response to Reply # 3

I don't think a S-AFC would be nesseary with what you want to do right now. I think most people here run those with huge injectors to help lean out the idle a little bit. Not 100% sure what the Star kit comes with as far as fuel mods go...but I think I read they come with a walbro 255lph in take pump and an FPR. With stock injectors I wouldn't go ove 5psi of boost...the injectors can handle it but that walbro starts falling off at anything over 90 psi of fuel pressure ... and with stock injectors you need well over 100 psi of fuel when boosting around 8 to 9psi.

Somebody please correct me if anything I said is off.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #56997 Previous topic | Next topic