Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #5284
View in linear mode

Subject: "You guys won't believe my freakin luck...." Previous topic | Next topic
Phat99EclipseMay-19-01 03:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5284, "You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."

LAST EDITED ON 19-May-01 AT 08:41 AM (PST)

LAST EDITED ON 19-May-01 AT 08:40 AM (PST)

LAST EDITED ON 19-May-01 AT 08:40 AM (PST)

Well,

i just got out of the Air Force last month and took a job in Austin, TX. So we finally move up here last weekend (the 11-13th) and everything is kewl, 'cept living out of boxes...

Well, on my way home from work on my first day living in Austin (I actually commuted from San Antonio for 2 weeks before moving here), I was on Mopac going towards Wells Branch where I live (I'm sure you guys care where I live, right???). NEways, It is stop and go traffic and we are all stopped, except this moron traveling at like 35mph behind me!!! I see him in my rear view and notice he is looking down, not watching traffic!!!! and then...

WHAMM!!!!

He hit me so hard that my car was moved 7 feet after impact and hit the car infront of me!!! I no longer have a freaking trunk and I am sore as all get the F@#$ OUT!!! Since my car is lowered and he was driving a Chevy Blazer, he went right over the rear bumper and straight into the trunk...

Did alot of damage. I'm just glad the front impact didn't hurt anyone else,besides me, or my FMIC... phew!!!

Should have my car back in about 3 weeks... I just hope my back is feeling better by then so I can actually get in and out of my car when I get her back!!!

Sorry to bore everyone...

DoN
'99 GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2, CFDF Clutch
Greddy Manual Boost Controller
Greddy BOV and EVO Exhaust
Greddy TT and shift knob
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
AEM Big Brake Kit
B&M Edge Short Shifter
Eibach Sportlines with Tokiko Blues

By the Freaking Way... This guy lives in my apartment complex and is in the building directly across the street from me...

'99 Eclipse GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2
Greddy EVO Exhuast
AEM Big Brakes
Greddy Type S BOV
Pioneer DEH-P7200
Bazooka EL1500 running 2 MTX 10" Subs
Fosgate Separates throughout

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...., klipzracer, May-19-01 05:58 AM, #1
RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...., CluckeRMC, May-19-01 11:42 AM, #2
RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...., RS_Guy, May-19-01 12:06 PM, #3
RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...., eclipsekaiser, May-19-01 12:26 PM, #4
RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...., DarkHumor, May-19-01 02:25 PM, #5
RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...., DarkHumor, May-19-01 02:27 PM, #6
RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...., ModeratorCorbin, May-19-01 03:43 PM, #7
RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...., Phat99Eclipse, May-20-01 02:34 AM, #8
      RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...., 99GSBBTurbo, May-20-01 03:02 PM, #9
RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...., DarkHumor, May-20-01 03:23 PM, #10
RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...., Phat99Eclipse, May-21-01 01:58 PM, #11

klipzracerMay-19-01 05:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5285, "RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."
In response to Reply # 0

best of luck on getting your car back together, man.

Chris Dishmon
-----------Mods-----------
Interior:
-color painted interior
-fire extinguisher
-Topspeed short shifter
-aluminum shift knob and pedals
-Grant Evolution steering wheel
Exterior:
-Neo Blitz Front Bumper
-17" ICW 10 spoke wheels w/ 215/45 yokahama's
-APR GT1 adjustable aluminum wing
-Toyota Supra turn signal/foglights
-Aerogear fiberglass hood w/ Sparco hoodpins
Engine:
-Weapon R intake w/ ram air hook up
-NGK plugs
-Accel 8mm ignition wires
-Catco hi-flow cat convertor
-Apexi Dunk Muffler
Suspension:
-front and rear strut tower bars
-Tenzo R lowering springs
-front and rear camber adjustment
Stereo:
-Kenwood In-dash CD player
-Kenwood graphic EQ
-Orion Cobalt amp
-6 1/2" Infinity Kappa speakers
-6X9 Alpines speakers
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CluckeRMCMay-19-01 11:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
549 posts,
#5286, "RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."
In response to Reply # 1

Damn man, thats no good, sorry to hear it.. Hope you get to feeling better and get your car fixed man! Take care!

Josh
95 Eclipse RS
Bosch Platinum+ Plugs
Blue Lightning Plug Wires
Clear Corners and Bumpers
Hyper Whites all around
Rediculous Stereo
All Blue Interior Lighting
And last but not least, Unbelievable wheel hop on them right hand corners!

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
Evo Front Bumper (no pics yet)
Projector Headlights
Clear Corners
Stereo System
-Alpine Deck
-2 JL 10" Subs
-Phoenix Gold XS2300 Amp
-Custom Fit Box
Viper Alarm

RS_GuyMay-19-01 12:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
484 posts,
#5287, "RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."
In response to Reply # 0

Glad you weren't hurt bad.

Say have you thought of a bodykit? (Something positive can come out of everything)

Guy
RS_Guy

http://www.GTuned.com

-----
www.GTuned.com

eclipsekaiserMay-19-01 12:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#5288, "RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."
In response to Reply # 3

I suggest you getting a lawyer appointed chiropractor..... and don't be soo quick to settle with your insurance company. Many back symptoms can arise later on....hint...hint...! I see money in your future .
Anyways, your back will be sore for a while. Jusy keep moving your joints and muscles to maintain range of motion. Don't let this get you down. I'd chalk this up to "shit happens for a reason."
Best of luck

kaiser

-K-

DarkHumorMay-19-01 02:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
21 posts,
#5289, "RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."
In response to Reply # 0

Holy shit man......you ok.....so i guess you wont be coming down to max anytime soon. BTW post in the SCTEXDSM forum. We miss you man

DarkHumorMay-19-01 02:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
21 posts,
#5290, "RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."
In response to Reply # 5

BTW we might have another gathering....see if you can come. Hows the job and daughter.

ModeratorCorbinMay-19-01 03:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#5291, "RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."
In response to Reply # 0

I feel for you completely...I've been rear-ended 3 times so far. Nobody know what a "safe following distance" is. Yet its proof that my brakes don't need upgrading. Like the others said, be wary of the insurance company. Get everything you can and double check everything the shop does.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC
http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Phat99EclipseMay-20-01 02:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
203 posts,
#5292, "RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."
In response to Reply # 7

LAST EDITED ON 20-May-01 AT 07:34 AM (PST)

Yo, Dark, is that you Juan? If so, the job is good and my daughter is a shit head like usual... still a daddy's girl if there ever was one... BTW, my wife and I just found out that our next baby (due in August) is gonna be another little girl... I guess the next time I knock her up, there needs to be a full, blue moon out and the planets will need to be all in alignment with the gravitational pull of the 3rd moon of jupiter...blah, blah, blah... that way I can make sure I get a boy in there somewhere... Need to carry on the family name somehow... that is if I decide I want to even have another little one... I might get like a group discount on diapers and car seats if I keep doing what I am doing... j/k

This is the 3rd time for me as well, and all three in the last 3 years, like once every year... First 2 were minor compared to this most recent accident... Less than $1K damage each, but this one is already up to $7K in damage...

Thanks alot for everyone's concern... Now you can send monetary gifts to the "Get Don a Built Motor" Fund... just kiddin'!!!

Later everyone.
DoN

'99 GS Sports Edition
Greddy TT and shift knob
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
AEM Big Brake Kit
B&M Edge Short Shifter

Star Stage 2
Greddy EVO Exhuast
AEM Big Brakes
Greddy Type S BOV
Pioneer DEH-P7200

99GSBBTurboMay-20-01 03:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#5293, "RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."
In response to Reply # 8

Damn...Sorry to hear that!!! Hope you can get a nice settlement out of all this. And I hope your back feels better!!!

Get well soon, and good luck!!

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

DarkHumorMay-20-01 03:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
21 posts,
#5294, "RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."
In response to Reply # 0

Thats why you have to do it right the first time. Got my boy the first time. All i need is a little princes to spoil Congradulations on the baby girl. So when you coming to San Antonio again?

Phat99EclipseMay-21-01 01:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
203 posts,
#5295, "RE: You guys won't believe my freakin luck...."
In response to Reply # 10

Don't know. Was suppose to help Tony do the spring swap this past weekend, but with my back the way it is, I didn't want to jack it up... I have to come back soon so my old workplace can give me a proper going away...

Drop an email Juan... phat99eclipse@msn.com

DoN
'99 GS Sports Edition
Greddy TT and shift knob
AF/X Underdrive Pulley
AEM Big Brake Kit
B&M Edge Short Shifter

Star Stage 2
Greddy EVO Exhuast
AEM Big Brakes
Greddy Type S BOV
Pioneer DEH-P7200

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #5284 Previous topic | Next topic