Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #47666
View in linear mode

Subject: "Do I need anything else?" Previous topic | Next topic
Jesters EclipseApr-27-03 04:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47666, "Do I need anything else?"

Hey guys. I ordered my Hahn stage 2 kit this weekend and I've read that there are a few things that I might want to replace in the kit. I ordered the Missing Link and SFMU from Motofool, Im ordering the 4G63 exhaust manifold studs from RRE tomorrow and I have a Walbro GST drop in fuel pump. Is there anything else you guys recommend that I change? Also if anyone has any advice on the install it would be gladly accepted. I know Optimus Peterson had said that it's easier to bolt the downpipe to the turbo BEFORE bolting up the maniflod. Definately keeping that in mind, all I keep reading about is this nightmare downpipe bolt. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Jesters EclipseApr-28-03 11:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47723, "RE: Do I need anything else?"
In response to Reply # 0

Come on guys, gimme a had here.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kamakazy59Apr-28-03 12:14 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
20 posts,
#47728, "RE: Do I need anything else?"
In response to Reply # 1

dude you just got robbed your replacing most of the parts you just had To pay 4 in your kit for ...well since you got money to burn you should pick up some hrc 310cc injecotrs and an /apexi AFC (fun device) Hks ssblow off valve oil pressure guage(easyer to install while car is in pieces) and thats it i think.

420A = Dominating Potential

Jesters EclipseApr-28-03 05:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
178 posts,
#47749, "RE: Do I need anything else?"
In response to Reply # 2

No kit is perfect and I want to replace the weaker items in the kit with things that are better and will cause less trouble in the long run. I dont want to finish the install and find out that the black box isnt working or some bs like that. In my eyes, SAVING a few extra months and replacing these items before the install will save me a headache later.

1998EclipseRSApr-28-03 06:20 PM
Member since Jul 31st 2002
3245 posts,
#47758, "RE: Do I need anything else?"
In response to Reply # 3

I hear alot of guys using an adapter for a 1g BOV... maybe you should get that, not the HKS... and save yourself some money?!

1998 Eclipse RS... Rest in Pieces. I'll never forget you.
www.EyesOfTheBetrayer.com

kamakazy59Apr-29-03 06:09 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
20 posts,
#47791, "RE: Do I need anything else?"
In response to Reply # 4

ya i just got my issue of Sport compact car june 2003 and its a big turbo issue, recomend you pic it up. it did a review off Bov and also turbo's , one of the best Bov is the 1g eclipse, they even noted that the WRX uses an almost identical bov as the 1g bov.

420A = Dominating Potential

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #47666 Previous topic | Next topic