Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #38270
View in linear mode

Subject: "APEX N1 exhaust help!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
420aturboJan-29-03 03:19 PM
Member since Apr 08th 2002
964 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38270, "APEX N1 exhaust help!!!"

Will an APEXi N1 cat back for a GSX mount up to our cars? Need to know, I can get a really good deal on one. -Sean

Built 420a
NER turbo kit T3/T04s ball bearing
AFX UDP
Crane 0014 cams

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!, audiophyl, Jan-29-03 03:23 PM, #1
RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!, CopperEclipse96, Jan-29-03 03:50 PM, #2
      RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!, Teamner947, Jan-29-03 04:37 PM, #3
           RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!, 420aturbo, Jan-29-03 05:13 PM, #4
                RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!, widebodied, Jan-29-03 05:59 PM, #5
                RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!, widebodied, Jan-29-03 05:59 PM, #6
                     RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!, JustOne, Jan-29-03 09:07 PM, #7
                          RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!, 420aturbo, Jan-30-03 02:02 AM, #8
                               RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!, RoadRacingDSM, Jan-30-03 03:28 AM, #9

audiophylJan-29-03 03:23 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38271, "RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Do Not buy the N1 exhaust!!!

I have one on my car and it drags the ground. I've only lowered the car 1.3" in the rear and it drags.

Right now, it's been on the car since March and the can has rusted a hole in it. It's a poor design and Apex'i will not cover it. I tried to get my covered and they said I was SOL.

Buy a different exhaust, as the design for our cars is horibble.

Good luck to ya

J. Mykel Hill
SLAP Mid-West Event Coordinator

jmykel@slapshow.com

Certified IASCA Judge
Certified SLAP Judge

http://members.cardomain.com/audiophyl

2002 Sound, Looks, & Performance National Champion--Advanced Mitsubishi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CopperEclipse96Jan-29-03 03:50 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#38276, "RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

I disagree. The N1 exhaust is great. I have had it for about the same amount of time, and I have had NO problems with it. I also live in ohio, where the salt on the roads is brutal on the exhaust. Go ahead and get it. Im not sure if it bolts right up if it's from a GSX. Mine is for a GS-T and it works just fine.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

Teamner947Jan-29-03 04:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#38279, "RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

i'm almost 100% sure that the GSX version of the N1 will NOT bolt up to your exhaust. i'm pretty sure that the GSX piping is a little different and will not fit on a GS/RS/GST because there's one thing missing: a drivetrain in the rear.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

420aturboJan-29-03 05:13 PM
964 posts,
#38282, "RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Well I need a definite answer. I just want to make sure it fits before buying it. Does anyone know for sure about this?

Built 420a
AFX UDP
Crane 0014 cams

widebodiedJan-29-03 05:59 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
#38284, "RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

yes it will fit, the piping under the carriage is just designed for the gsx, instead of going over the rear crossmember it goes under, and the piping is a lil different for the rear drive train in a gsx. but the answer to your question is yes it will fit, and btw dont plan to lower it much, gsx's are not meant to be slammed, and the piping is designed for minor height modifications.

AIR RIDE SUSPENSION UP FOR GRABS.
Dwayne H
A.K.A D-low

widebodiedJan-29-03 05:59 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
#38285, "RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

yes it will fit, the piping under the carriage is just designed for the gsx, instead of going over the rear crossmember it goes under, and the piping is a lil different for the rear drive train in a gsx. but the answer to your question is yes it will fit, and btw dont plan to lower it much, gsx's are not meant to be slammed, and the piping is designed for minor height modifications.

AIR RIDE SUSPENSION UP FOR GRABS.
Dwayne H
A.K.A D-low

JustOneJan-29-03 09:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#38293, "RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

So does the one for the GST go over or under the rear cross member?

420aturboJan-30-03 02:02 AM
964 posts,
#38299, "RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

OK cool. I have Eibach Sportlines. Will it fit with those? The car isn't lowered too much, I think only 1.6".

Built 420a
AFX UDP
Crane 0014 cams

RoadRacingDSMJan-30-03 03:28 AM
Member since Aug 14th 2002
127 posts,
#38303, "RE: APEX N1 exhaust help!!!"
In response to Reply # 8
Jan-30-03 03:29 AM by RoadRacingDSM

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO A GSX EXHAUST WILL NOT FIT ON A FWD CAR!!!!!!!!!! The pipe routing is not even the same....at all. Hell a downpipe for a GST wont even work on a GSX....BECAUSE THE WHOLE DAMN EXHAUST IS DIFFERENT!!!!

Dont tell this guy it will fit. I dont like seeing people waste their money because they were given bad information.

2005 Evo 8

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #38270 Previous topic | Next topic