Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #32198
View in linear mode

Subject: "Dynoed my car today!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
41eclipseOct-04-02 06:25 AM
Member since Mar 17th 2002
266 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32198, "Dynoed my car today!!!"

I got a run with 323.4 WHP but the torque is not shown, this was run #5. On run 6 I put down 320.1 HP and 320.3 max torque. 5300rpms is where my highs were I was running about 23 pounds of boost. I was still tuning when my dyno time came to an abrubt end when the crappy black 90 degree turbo elbow blew wide open. I knew I should have taken care of that pos. Oh well, I guess I'll be happy with the results for now. I scanned the dyno sheet I will try to post it. This is with the Corbin 8 injector setup, thanks again Corbin!

p.s. can an administrator enable me to post images, I can't seem to do it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Dynoed my car today!!!, Fast420A, Oct-04-02 06:26 AM, #1
RE: Dynoed my car today!!!, TeamJasonESi_T, Oct-04-02 07:08 AM, #2
RE: Dynoed my car today!!!, mcgyvr, Oct-04-02 08:00 AM, #3
RE: Dynoed my car today!!!, 41eclipse, Oct-04-02 08:06 AM, #4
      RE: Dynoed my car today!!!, fly1, Oct-04-02 08:41 AM, #5
      RE: Dynoed my car today!!!, Nitrous_RS1997, Oct-04-02 08:45 AM, #6
           RE: Dynoed my car today!!!, 41eclipse, Oct-04-02 09:24 AM, #7
                And the dyno sheets...., TeamJasonESi_T, Oct-04-02 01:45 PM, #8
                     RE: And the dyno sheets...., optimuspeterson, Oct-04-02 01:50 PM, #9
                     RE: And the dyno sheets...., 41eclipse, Oct-04-02 02:26 PM, #10
                          RE: And the dyno sheets...., TeamJasonESi_T, Oct-04-02 03:15 PM, #11
                     RE: And the dyno sheets...., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-04-02 03:18 PM, #12
                          RE: And the dyno sheets...., 41eclipse, Oct-05-02 12:45 AM, #13

Fast420AOct-04-02 06:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32199, "RE: Dynoed my car today!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Great Numbers.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - unknown
Project: Baby on the way

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamJasonESi_TOct-04-02 07:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#32200, "RE: Dynoed my car today!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Way to go man! (I can't wait to see your car!)

What is your injector scaler at right now man with those humongous injectors? And your boost amount?

Also, posting images doesn't require any sort of enabling. Your pic needs to be posted somewhere on the web and then linked here. To properly link to it, you only need to post it's address which includes a ".jpg" extension at the end. If you don't have a website to post your dyno results at, you can email it to me at j.boltz@insightbb.com and I'd be more than happy to accomodate you. (when I get home from work this evening)

Again, outstanding numbers man!

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

mcgyvrOct-04-02 08:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#32201, "RE: Dynoed my car today!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

<<-- kicks himself for spending money on stupid bolt on mods that got me nowhere

great numbers you got there

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

41eclipseOct-04-02 08:06 AM
266 posts,
#32202, "RE: Dynoed my car today!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

>What is your injector scaler at right now man with those humongous injectors? And your boost amount?

I think I have the scaler at 5.4xx or 5.9xx. But I have messed with the #'s in the fuel map a lot. I started at the spot on the grid just above 3K rpm and 105kpa and progressively increased the #'s towards the upper right hand side of the grid(7300rpm/265kpa). The #'s start at .3 and go up to about 1.15. I hope that this makes sense. I also have the 034 set on continuous mode, it seems to work better here but then my RPM won't read on the fuel map, MAP still reads though. Does this happen to any of the other 034efi peeps out there?

Also, I got my Egt down to 840C(~1550F). I had been going over 950(1742F), that's really friggin hot. Thankfully I got things fixed before I had a meltdown.

Also, boost was just under 1.7bar so I guess it was closer to 24 or 25psi. I just calculated it.

fly1Oct-04-02 08:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32203, "RE: Dynoed my car today!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Awesome numbers! Now, I REALLY want to get my car dyno'd. Keep it up guys!

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Nitrous_RS1997Oct-04-02 08:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#32204, "RE: Dynoed my car today!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Good job man. im not trying to be the a-hole that rains on the parade, but is your car untuned or running really rich? cause at 23psi, i would think you "should" see more than 320whp... Dino put down a little over 300whp at just 15psi...in any case, VERY nice hp numbers. if you have an aftermarket ignition and are pulling timingtoo much, that could definitely be the cause.

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

41eclipseOct-04-02 09:24 AM
266 posts,
#32205, "RE: Dynoed my car today!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

<Good job man. im not trying to be the a-hole that rains on the parade, but is your car untuned or running really rich? cause at 23psi, i would think you "should" see more than 320whp... Dino put down a little over 300whp at just 15psi...in any case, VERY nice hp numbers. if you have an aftermarket ignition and are pulling timingtoo much, that could definitely be the cause.

Yes Mr. A-hole j.k. you are right, I was trying to be safe. I should be making more power at that boost. I had the MSD-DIS2 set to pull 5 degrees maximum starting at 5000rpm up to 7250(this is a precaution for now). Like I said, my tuning came to a halt when the elbow blew on my ass(btw it was loud and I thought I may have lunched the motor). My a/f is about 11.1 between 5100 and 5700, 10.7 at 5800 then works it's way down to 10.4 at 6400. So I still have some room to work in there, I need to work on my 034efi fuel map some more, but it is nice and safe for now.

TeamJasonESi_TOct-04-02 01:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#32206, "And the dyno sheets...."
In response to Reply # 7

You definitely were a bit rich, that's for sure Neil.

And in any case, 320WHP and 320lbs' of torque is nothing to scoff at. It's mighty impressive. (and remember fellas, the super16g IS a smaller turbo than the t3/t4 trim that Dyno has) And being this rich with the eight injector setup just proves how capable this setup really is. Your power band is actually quite smooth until you hit the higher rpm's and you are in fact really too rich.

BTW Neil, when you have your settings on "continuous" rather than "triggered," that merely means your EIC no longer uses RPM's as one of its variables in determining its fuel curve. Meaning, it ONLY uses manifold pressure as its sole source of reference tuning. I recommend using "triggered" instead for more precise tuning. This will allow you to compensate for varying RPM x pressure points.

Here's your dyno sheets:

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

optimuspetersonOct-04-02 01:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#32207, "RE: And the dyno sheets...."
In response to Reply # 8

isn't he reaching the maxium potetntial the s16g? i thought i remember them being rated at around 400 horses or so. Looks like it might be time for the 20g

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

41eclipseOct-04-02 02:26 PM
266 posts,
#32208, "RE: And the dyno sheets...."
In response to Reply # 9

Maybe I should figure out how to put all my mods down in a signiture. I have the star stage 2 kit with T3/T4 E-trim. Jason, thanks for posting my runs and thanks for the info on the cont. vs trig. modes.

p.s. I know this has been discused before, and I think Murix said aim for 11.3 for a/f ratio, anyone else have any more opinions on this. I personally would go to 12.5 , but this is just a guess(and I don't have near the experience of Murix) more or less that still seems relitively conservitive to me. Murix if I misquoted you, sorry.

TeamJasonESi_TOct-04-02 03:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#32209, "RE: And the dyno sheets...."
In response to Reply # 10

No problem man!

...and sorry I assumed you had the HRC kit. I just figured since you were in Bill Hahn's backyard....

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-04-02 03:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#32210, "RE: And the dyno sheets...."
In response to Reply # 8

that map shows a disgustingly lean AF ratio. 20:1 is almost free air .. imagine 17:1 in a running condition. That is BAD.

*edit*

I based this on the MAX A.F Ratio shown on the second graph - 17.5:1 Later it seems the curve drops to around 10:1 - pig rich. If you tune that out, you'll have a very serious monster on your hands!

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

41eclipseOct-05-02 12:45 AM
266 posts,
#32211, "RE: And the dyno sheets...."
In response to Reply # 12

yeah Darkone, I started my run sitting at ~3900rpm under basically no load(thats why a/f is so lean and hp is so low)then I nailed it. I would have tuned for lower rpms, but my elbow blew on the next run.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #32198 Previous topic | Next topic