Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #27414
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo GS vs. ........." Previous topic | Next topic
420aturboJul-25-02 12:20 PM
Member since Apr 08th 2002
964 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27414, "Turbo GS vs. ........."

OK guys check this out. Stock bottom end, NER 2c @ 10psi, Crane 0014 cams, valve springs, titanium retainers, AEM gears, RC 310cc injectors, ported intake manifold and head, AFX pulley, HKS Hiper 3", BFG drag radials.

I have 2 guys that wanna run.

Supercharged Integra LS @ 6 psi AEM gears, AEM pulleys, AEM CAI, DC header, GReddy cat-back, SAFC, ZEX dry 25shot, stock bottom end, BFG drag radials.

98 Civic EX. i/h/e, AEM gear, ZEX 75 shot.

Both wanna run from a dig and a 70 mph roll. Is there any chance in hell that I can lose short off a mechanical failure?

Built 420a
NER turbo kit T3/T04s ball bearing
AFX UDP
Crane 0014 cams

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., soldier101, Jul-25-02 12:22 PM, #1
RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., 420aturbo, Jul-25-02 12:25 PM, #2
      RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., mitsudsr, Jul-25-02 12:42 PM, #3
           RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., vegasdsmr, Jul-25-02 01:07 PM, #4
                RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., fly1, Jul-25-02 01:18 PM, #5
                     RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., taloniized, Jul-25-02 03:37 PM, #6
                          RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., 420aturbo, Jul-25-02 03:43 PM, #7
                               RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., Strauss, Jul-25-02 04:05 PM, #8
                                    RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., RyaN95i4, Jul-26-02 01:19 AM, #9
                                    RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., babybeclipse, Jul-26-02 02:43 AM, #10
                                         RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., HiOnPSI, Jul-26-02 03:14 AM, #11
                                    RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., 420aturbo, Jul-26-02 09:53 AM, #12
                                         RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., pn0ymahal, Jul-26-02 12:09 PM, #13
                                              RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., BLACKWIDOWDSM, Jul-26-02 12:53 PM, #14
                                                   RE: Turbo GS vs. ........., Tytanfoxx, Jul-27-02 08:47 AM, #15

soldier101Jul-25-02 12:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3862 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27415, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 0

dunno, race em and find out

turbo8u: "jiggle jiggle then vroom vroom pshhhh"
-Mike Pruett
2gnt member# 976
MOPAR Stage 2
SRTForums.com member #37 (Yeah, I signed up when it first came out, and ended up getting one, cool huh?)
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420aturboJul-25-02 12:25 PM
964 posts,
#27416, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 1

tru, tru.

Built 420a
AFX UDP
Crane 0014 cams

mitsudsrJul-25-02 12:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
459 posts,
#27417, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 2

Well does the Integra have a V-tec head if not it has no v-tec and it is a very heavy car, should be a good race. You should beat the civic those cars really are not that fast. Although a 75shot is a lot, race them and let us know.

Patrick
96 GS
HRC kit, S20G, FMIC, Howell bottom end 8.6 pistons, S-FMU, HKS BOV, P&P head, lots more little goodies

Patrick
96 GS
13.54 @ 106.94 mph on 15psi 21 May.04
HRC kit, S20G, FMIC, Howell bottom end 8.6 pistons, S-FMU, Blitz BOV, P&P head, SS valves, lots more little goodies

vegasdsmrJul-25-02 01:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#27418, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 3

you'll smoke em!!!! just dont blow your engine

t3/4 owns honduh all day

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

fly1Jul-25-02 01:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27419, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 4

It will be a good race. I say the best driver wins.

You have a very good chance of beating that Civic, but it's going to be a very close race against the Integra. High compression + 6psi boost is almost equivalent to your 10 psi. Plus, the Integra is a little lighter than our cars. I knew of an Integra with a similar setup that ran high 13's with a similar setup.

Kon Chittavong
HRC: Stage IV | http://laoracer.homestead.com/mainpage.html

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

taloniizedJul-25-02 03:37 PM
Member since Apr 24th 2002
786 posts,
#27420, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 5

You should be able to take both of them. the integ LS is running on drag radials so he might get you at the line, but you should be able to pass him up. i beaten a v-tec integ with a T3/T4, but i beat him off the line.

1995 Eagle Talon Esi
14.4 @ 102MPH
Speedworld Motorplex
Phoenix, Arizona

420aturboJul-25-02 03:43 PM
964 posts,
#27421, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 6

Well Strauss ran a 13.6 @ 106 mph. He was running a S16g, FMIC, 440's, at 11 psi on drag radials. No cams or headwork. I hope I can top that or at least match it wearing some drag radials.

Built 420a
AFX UDP
Crane 0014 cams

StraussJul-25-02 04:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#27422, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 7

The 440's are not in my car yet, that run was made with stock injectors. But to answer your question, you'll kill the Civic for sure, and I think you should also be able to take out that Integra. Oh yes I almost forgot, I ran 13.5, not 13.6

RyaN95i4Jul-26-02 01:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#27423, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 8

from a 70 mph roll?? what the hell is that, seeing who has the tallest 4th gear?!?!? damn man, around here, when we go from a roll, its like 30-35mph... crazy...

anywho, itll be a good race, but hit your shifts, and you should pull it out nicely.

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

babybeclipseJul-26-02 02:43 AM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27424, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 9

let us know what happend.

HiOnPSIJul-26-02 03:14 AM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
#27425, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 10

Yeah, if you want the rolling advantage in our cars, roll from 35-40. That's where we can jump into high-second gear. It's my favorite sort of race, i'm almost invincible.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS

MODS: 8.8:1 JE Pistons / Eagle rods / Stage 1 Hahn turbocharger / Melling Oil Pump / Autometer 5" tach / 2 JL 12" W0 subwoofers / JL Audio 500/1 amp / Clarion 230w amp / short shifter mod / GReddy EVO exhaust / custom 2 1/2" downpipe / no cat con / CM Stage 1 / 30lb Mustang injectors / TurboXS MBC / 1G SMIC

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS | 2001 Lexus IS300
12.671 @ 111.660 1.586 60' 5/28/04

www.haiokuracing.com

420aturboJul-26-02 09:53 AM
964 posts,
#27426, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 8

>The 440's are not in my car yet, that run was made with
>stock injectors. But to answer your question, you'll kill
>the Civic for sure, and I think you should also be able to
>take out that Integra. Oh yes I almost forgot, I ran 13.5,
>not 13.6

Sorry

Built 420a
AFX UDP
Crane 0014 cams

pn0ymahalJul-26-02 12:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#27427, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 12

yah, race them.. just dont blow up.hehe

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

BLACKWIDOWDSMJul-26-02 12:53 PM
Member since Mar 18th 2002
486 posts,
#27428, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 13

DO NOT TRUST A SUPERCHARGED OR TURBOCHARGED NON VTEC CAR> in forced induction cases VTEC is bad...non vtec is the way to go...those valves are always open instead of the vtec "charging" them open. I dunno try and find out...

Life is a bitch. Slap it around a little.

TURBO-HRC stage 1 Moddified

Howell Bottom end in room. Waiting to be unleashed.

email me at Anthonyl469@aol.com

"When you reach real ability you will be able to become one with the enemy. Entering his heart you will see that he is not your enemy after all." -Tjusii

1998 Integra Type R #0072

TytanfoxxJul-27-02 08:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
255 posts,
#27429, "RE: Turbo GS vs. ........."
In response to Reply # 14

From the Foxx to you, just stomp the hell out of the civic, I've raced a few rolling on the highway and they're always talking a lot of noise you just have to take it to em both on hope for the best, and oh buy the way don't forget to snatch those hood emblems after u put in your rear view mirrors.

H-oooooooooo skull draggin honda's
"Predator came to earth only in the hottest of summers making necklaces out of human heads- and this year-it grows very hot"
96 Black GS
Fog Light Mod*Custom Built Foxx 2K2 Short Air Intake* Foxx 2k2 Short Shifter*Indy Sequential Shifter Knob*Grabber Green/Orange Brake Caliper Color Mod* Maxspeed Catback System*18" Konig Black Opal Verdicts wrapped in Toyo Proxes FZ4's*Front Strut Tower Bar*Indiglo Gauges*MT4 Indiglo Pedals*In the Mail-*Eibach Sportline Springs*$$$ Coming NER Stage 1D Turbo Kit and Gauges* $2177.00 To go

HONDA GUYS hating on my honda hood emblem dangling on a chain from my rear bumber, the next honda u beat get one and tell them foxx sentcha

BOOST!-Tis far better to have it and not need it-than to need and not have it.

96 Black GS
Fog Light Mod*Custom Built Foxx 2K2 Short Air Intake* Foxx 2k2

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #27414 Previous topic | Next topic