Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #25998
View in linear mode

Subject: "dam... engine blew quick question" Previous topic | Next topic
Y2 e c l i p s e dJul-08-02 01:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25998, "dam... engine blew quick question"

Well my engine went just after a month of turbo... but the mileage was pretty high... anywho I need some of your guys answers... they guy I am talking to who is doing the rebuild is trying to rip me off and convince me of things that I know arent quite right....
1. Would I be cool with just the bottom end rebuilt and not the top end like the valves and springs etc.
2. I only want to run 10psi and the guys says I cant use 91 octane only that I must mix it every fill up with some race gas... is this true or can I just use 91 pump gas (cali sux)

Heres what I want:
bottom end rebuilt (the whole nine yards rods, pistons, bearings) vortech s-fmu, 310 cc injectors

I dont want to get a safc yet so would the ecu control the 310cc injectors? Ok guys would I be good to go here and have a reliable 10psi boosted car when tuned right? Need help guys help me so I wont get ripped off here I need yours guys back up on this.

tia

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ezJul-08-02 01:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25999, "RE: dam... engine blew quick question"
In response to Reply # 0

hell yeah 91 will get you to 10psi relatively safely if you're intercooled and have enough fuel. I know, what is up with our cali octane levels?

about the valves - I think it depends on the condition of your valves and springs at this point. How many miles? I don't know too much about what to do with the valve train when you go turbo but from what I hear it doesn't sound like anyone messes with it if 10 psi is the goal. It probably would be a good idea to do it now if you have a budget for it, and were planning on doing it later anyway, b/c overall it will be cheaper than tearing it down again in the future.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dualgen2Jul-09-02 02:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#26000, "RE: dam... engine blew quick question"
In response to Reply # 1

Gas sucks there but Cali kicks ass cause there a lot of people on board here who can help you and are close by. Find some turbo Cali people.
-Dave

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

TwisteJul-09-02 03:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#26001, "RE: dam... engine blew quick question"
In response to Reply # 2

i thought it wasnt good to run under 92 octane fuel while turbo which sux for me cause there is only one place in JO CO that sells 92 or 93 octane gas.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

ErikJul-09-02 06:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1536 posts,
#26002, "RE: dam... engine blew quick question"
In response to Reply # 3

Where does somebody sell 93 in JOCO? I have found 92 on like 95th and Antioch.

Shit is all apart. Typical...

TwisteJul-09-02 04:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#26003, "RE: dam... engine blew quick question"
In response to Reply # 4

i dont know, there is this girl that i work with that says it is on Johnson drive way out in the middle of nowhere.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #25998 Previous topic | Next topic