Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #25384
View in linear mode

Subject: "could someone explain this?" Previous topic | Next topic
Y2 e c l i p s e dJun-26-02 03:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25384, "could someone explain this?"

the cali summer days are killing my boosted 420a.... when I first start the car up it runs fine and my blinky air fuel reads rich when at wot but after it gets hot from driving in the day time and I shut the car off then turn it back on my air fuel reads totally lean! when at wot but it goes back to normal after the car has cooled down from the heat... this only happens during the day after I have ran the car warm and stoped it and restarted it. I mean I have to be getting fuel pressure because if I were truley lean wouldnt my car instantly @#$ up and egts shoot up? But everything is cool with egts and car except for the lag from the heat in the day. Could someone shed some light on this.. oh yeah I have the crap tech regualtor.

thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mcgyvrJun-27-02 12:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25385, "RE: could someone explain this?"
In response to Reply # 0

i think its just caused by the heat, intake air temp/coolant temp sensor etc. could be messing with timing etc.. which they should be

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LeeJun-27-02 12:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#25386, "RE: could someone explain this?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'd check your fuel pressure. My car has been running fine, and my check engine light came on - code 171 too lean. My EGTs looked good, but my fuel pressure was still low. So start there.

http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #25384 Previous topic | Next topic