Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #22244
View in linear mode

Subject: "More dfi questions..." Previous topic | Next topic
JustOneMay-15-02 05:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22244, "More dfi questions..."

How come you can’t just tap into the existing coolant temp sensor wires w/ the wires coming off the dfi that are supposed to go to the new or second sensor?

Why does the dfi need to know the coolant temp sensor anyway?

What do I do w/ the old injector harness? Do you just take if off or do you have to leave it plugged in and just let it hang there?

Speedracer, what values did you have to change to get your idle right???

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Moderator992gntMay-15-02 11:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22245, "RE: More dfi questions..."
In response to Reply # 0

The DFI uses the temp sensor for afterstart enrichment. When the engine is cold, the enrichment % is high then it drops as the car warms up. Acts like a choke on a carbureted engine. I suppose it's worth a try tapping into the existing temp sensor, but the stocker could operate at a different voltage range or something.

The injector harness gets taken off and put in the box with the rest of the parts that came off your car.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fly1May-16-02 01:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22246, "RE: More dfi questions..."
In response to Reply # 1

I actually tapped my DFI coolant temp sensor off the stock sensor. I haven't had any problem (yet) and I've been trying to confirm any voltage differences between the stock sensor and the sensor that came with the DFI system. So far so good. I also asked Bill about this, and he couldn't tell me if this method is okay or not. Eventually, I will get the DFI sensor drilled in the thermostat housing.

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

speedracer21May-16-02 01:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
638 posts,
#22247, "RE: More dfi questions..."
In response to Reply # 2

i'll post a pic of my fuel maps tonight when i get home, but not i have to work out the midrange and throttle, cause it seams to go lean going into 2nd gear, or when i try to pass.

thats cool if the temp sensor works tapedinto the stock one. i'm thinking about trying to tap into the stock 02 and run to the dfi where its optional o2 would go. i think it will work since its a 3 wire sensor like ours

JustOneMay-16-02 01:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#22248, "RE: More dfi questions..."
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks for the help guys, if all goes well I should be done it a few hours. (with the install stuff)

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #22244 Previous topic | Next topic