Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #22204
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rebuilding with .... or ....??" Previous topic | Next topic
Y2 e c l i p s e dMay-15-02 02:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22204, "Rebuilding with .... or ....??"

I would just like to get you guys opinion on what the better thing to do would be... since the stroker kit is already out do you think it would be better to rebuild with that kit or with a lower compression rebuild kit for a hrc II.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Fast420AMay-15-02 03:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22205, "RE: Rebuilding with .... or ....??"
In response to Reply # 0

They are 2 different things. You can rebuild with the howell kit and have either 8.8:1, 10.5:1 or 12.5:1 compression with your 2.0L OR you can rebuild with the stroker and have 8.8:1, 10.5:1 or 12.5:1 with 2.2L

Not really a hard choice IMO. 2.2 all the way.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Y2 e c l i p s e dMay-15-02 03:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
461 posts,
#22206, "RE: Rebuilding with .... or ....??"
In response to Reply # 1

really.... so what do you think are some of the advantages with a 2.2 with lower compression that is turbocharged.... would the diff be worth the extra 600 dollars

Joshua97478May-15-02 04:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2662 posts,
#22207, "This may be a stupid question but..."
In response to Reply # 2

How can you change the stroke, which results in increased displacement, and keep the same compression ratios without changing the cc's of the cylinder head? Does the piston design effectively change to volume of the combustion chamber? I know, it might be a stupid question, but i had to ask....

Fucking Kangaroos.

Fast420AMay-15-02 08:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#22208, "RE: This may be a stupid question but..."
In response to Reply # 3

Yes, the pistons in the stroker bottom end kit are different than the regular bottom end kit.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #22204 Previous topic | Next topic