Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #22064
View in linear mode

Subject: "Supra TT fuel pump" Previous topic | Next topic
420aturboMay-13-02 11:42 AM
Member since Apr 08th 2002
964 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22064, "Supra TT fuel pump"

Anyone know if a 94+ Supra Twin Turbo fuel pump is sufficient enough for a 2gnt with a turbo kit. I plan on running 310cc or 370cc injectors with a SFMU. I hear they flow like 260lph and the 4G63 guys use them as a cheap upgrade.

Built 420a
NER turbo kit T3/T04s ball bearing
AFX UDP
Crane 0014 cams

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorCorbinMay-13-02 12:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22065, "RE: Supra TT fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 0

I can't comment on how good the Supra pump is, but I can give you a word of caution. Find a performance chart for the Supra pump. Something that charts flow vs pressure. RC engineering may be able to help since they test fuel pumps and may have the data already. Pumps on factory turbo cars flow alot of fuel at low pressures (since those cars use big injectors), but they often flow very little fuel at high pressures. 310's or 370's will let you run decent fuel pressures, but you should still make sure that the pump can supply enough fuel at whatever pressure you choose.
See this page for further explanation:
http://www.geocities.com/vttalon/tech.html

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fly1May-13-02 02:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22066, "RE: Supra TT fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm running a '96 TT Supra fuel pump now with my stage iv. It seems to flow well, but I haven't datalogged my current setup yet. Currently, my Autometer air/fuel gauge is at the 2nd from the richest blinker, and that's with some leaning of the fuel system with a Crane Power Tuner. On a long pull, my egt reads about 1450-1500 degrees F. I hope to put my car on a dyno and datalog my runs within the next week or so; that way I will know for sure whether the Supra pump has good flow vs. pressure.

When I had the 370cc's, an S-AFC and the Supra pump, I was running so rich at 10 psi boost. I had to lean my fuel from -22% to -35% throughout the rpm bands. I don't have any doubt that the Supra will do the job at 8-10 psi.

If anyone has a flow chart of the Supra fuel pump, please post it; I'd really like to see how it compares with the Walbros, Holleys, etc.

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

jcurcilloMay-14-02 05:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
396 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22067, "RE: Supra TT fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 2

Kon,
Let me know when you are going to dyno tune your car. I would like to be there.

fly1May-14-02 10:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
#22068, "RE: Supra TT fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 3

Yup, I'll you guys posted.

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #22064 Previous topic | Next topic