Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #21983
View in linear mode

Subject: "When do we get a ECU Replacement?" Previous topic | Next topic
jcurcilloMay-13-02 12:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
396 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21983, "When do we get a ECU Replacement?"

I am really getting sick of this. All these other cars have a ECU replacement. The Miata, Rx7, Tsi, GsT, Civic, Integra. Hell, all of the Hondas. Even the Neon has one. Why don't we have one yet. This is the only weak point in our cars. How much longer are we going to have to wait? This the last part we need to make the DSM 420a a real power house. Mabe we should make one on our own. If I make one will you guys buy it for $1500?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?, trwebb26, May-13-02 05:22 AM, #1
RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?, jcurcillo, May-13-02 06:02 AM, #2
      RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?, Kirby, May-13-02 06:14 AM, #3
           RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?, Fast420A, May-13-02 12:14 PM, #4
           RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?, Avenger EST, May-14-02 01:48 AM, #5
                RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?, mcgyvr, May-14-02 02:37 AM, #6
                     RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?, Fast420A, May-14-02 04:35 AM, #7
                          RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?, jcurcillo, May-14-02 04:56 AM, #8

trwebb26May-13-02 05:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
347 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21984, "RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?"
In response to Reply # 0

Well... considering that Gary from Howell Automotive has PROMISED us that he'd work on one, and his ecu replacements are sub-$500... I'd say don't waste your time. It is on the way (PLEASE GARY... TELL US THAT IT IS ON THE WAY).

Tim
trwebb26@yahoo.com
White 1999 GS - Manual Tranny
Mods: B&M Shifter, Symbroski Shifter Kit, RRE SS Clutch Line, AEM Short Ram Intake, Clear Side Markers, GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jcurcilloMay-13-02 06:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
396 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21985, "RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?"
In response to Reply # 1

When did he promise that? I'm not holding my breath.

KirbyMay-13-02 06:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21986, "RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?"
In response to Reply # 2

we must not forget that gary is a business man. he ran all the proffit margins on this product saw the amount of intrest in neons and in other parts for our cars. Gary knows there is a market here or else he wouldn't have started working on it in the first place. so we should all take stock in the fact he is making a real effort at r&d for the product. plus gary doesn't come out with anything thats not up to par so it wont be out untill it's perfect (sp). we have seen the power potential the neon had locked in it's computer so i know ours will also be great. just keep the faith and give him some time he will crack it

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

Fast420AMay-13-02 12:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#21987, "RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?"
In response to Reply # 3

If you make and ECU replacement NO ONE will buy it for $1500, you can get a Stand Alone Engine management system for the same price and have full control over everything.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Avenger ESTMay-14-02 01:48 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
658 posts,
#21988, "RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?"
In response to Reply # 3

I'll give it abotu another month. I beleive he has had my ecu WELL over the guestamated 8 weeks now, and if they can't figure out something by then, either A they arent' trying, or B, they are just wastign our time, or C a little of both. I get knocked over by companies just abotu EVERY TIME I try to get somethign accomplished, and I just don't have time for it anymore. one month or NOTHING. (I honestly think my ecu is sitting on a shelf somewhere collecting dust because there hasn't been any news of ANY kind in the past few months about it.......or they might have lost my ecu sonwehre in my shop........who knows!). All I know is I want my crap back by mid june.

A.D.P.
"...If you do too much, people become dependant. If you do to little, people loose hope. If you do it right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
bring it on............

A.D.P.
"...If you do too much, people become dependant. If you do to little, people loose hope. If you do it right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
bring it on...........

mcgyvrMay-14-02 02:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#21989, "RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?"
In response to Reply # 5

I bet avenger est is right, I would have thought he would come over and give us a little update on what they have cracked and what they have left to crack.. He just says that they are working on it, yeah we use that here at my work too, that means nothing is being done right now.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Fast420AMay-14-02 04:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#21990, "RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?"
In response to Reply # 6

http://howell.mountain.net/SDC/howellboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=545

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

jcurcilloMay-14-02 04:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
396 posts,
#21991, "RE: When do we get a ECU Replacement?"
In response to Reply # 7

Program away.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #21983 Previous topic | Next topic