Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #20231
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone making payments on a turbo?" Previous topic | Next topic
nappyjimApr-21-02 03:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20231, "Anyone making payments on a turbo?"

I want one, but if i wait till I actually have the money it will be winter. So what I wanna do is get a credit card with 0% APR for a year and pay off the turbo, $3000, within that year. Is that a good idea or not.

Is/Has anyone done this? Im just scared something is gonna happen to my funds and then I wont be able to make the payments.

18" Konig Tantrum Rims
Yokohama Parada Tires
H&R Sport
$15 Rear Camber Mod
AEM Cold Air Intake
ACS Black Molded Carpet
Interior Painted Silver/Black
Hyperwhite Lights
2 Rockford Fosgate XLC Subs
750 Watt All Digital Amp
Reverse Indiglo Gauges

Soon To Have:
HRC Stage 2
Steering Wheel
Seats

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?, Skillionaire, Apr-21-02 03:57 PM, #1
RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?, optimuspeterson, Apr-21-02 04:10 PM, #2
      RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?, Fast420A, Apr-21-02 07:00 PM, #3
           RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?, 99Eclipse, Apr-21-02 07:15 PM, #4
                RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?, Skillionaire, Apr-22-02 03:42 AM, #5
                     RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?, nappyjim, Apr-22-02 10:59 AM, #7
RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-22-02 10:57 AM, #6
RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?, run4cvr, Apr-22-02 11:07 AM, #8
      RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?, Dave_FL, Apr-22-02 12:26 PM, #9
           RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?, TeamStan2gnt, Apr-22-02 03:25 PM, #10
                RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?, toykilla, Apr-22-02 06:47 PM, #11

SkillionaireApr-21-02 03:57 PM
Member since Mar 08th 2002
198 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20232, "RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?"
In response to Reply # 0

I got a 3 yr $2500 loan from the credit union. around 10% yearly interest, i should have it paid off in a little over a year.

93 Talon Tsi FWD
Big 16g Powered!

R.I.P 96 Turbo GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

optimuspetersonApr-21-02 04:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#20233, "RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?"
In response to Reply # 1

i'm trying to pay mine off. still got about 1800

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

Fast420AApr-21-02 07:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#20234, "RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?"
In response to Reply # 2

And I though I was crazy for thinking about taking out a loan to get my shit done on the car!

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

99EclipseApr-21-02 07:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
853 posts,
#20235, "RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?"
In response to Reply # 3

If car is not payed off.. I wouldn't do it unless you know you cab can come up with the cash. It will also be a + for your credit rateing.

SkillionaireApr-22-02 03:42 AM
Member since Mar 08th 2002
198 posts,
#20236, "RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah, one of the main reasons i did it was because since im 19, i need to start building credit and this is one of the best ways. Plus i had a good deal that i just couldnt pass up (Star Stage II w/ gauges and pillar for $1930) If you do decide to get a loan, dont go in there sayin you want it to buy a turbo kit lol, tell them auto repairs

93 Talon Tsi FWD
Big 16g Powered!

R.I.P 96 Turbo GS

nappyjimApr-22-02 10:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
#20237, "RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?"
In response to Reply # 5

ahhhh, i feel better about doing this now. I know I can get O% APR for 6 months, which means 500 a month. I COULD make those paytments. But if I had a year to pay it off, 250 a month is easy. Right now I still owe like 2g's on my car, but my dad paid the loan off so I am paying him. I will think a little more about this and then make a deicison. First I gotta finsih off payin my credit card with 1800 left on it. I think my credit should be pretty good after paying off all these high bills.

18" Konig Tantrum Rims
Yokohama Parada Tires
H&R Sport
$15 Rear Camber Mod
AEM Cold Air Intake
ACS Black Molded Carpet
Interior Painted Silver/Black
Hyperwhite Lights
2 Rockford Fosgate XLC Subs
750 Watt All Digital Amp
Reverse Indiglo Gauges

Soon To Have:
HRC Stage 2
Steering Wheel
Seats

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

TeamXtremeRSApr-22-02 10:57 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#20238, "RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?"
In response to Reply # 0

This is exactly what i am doing. I have a 2000 dollar line of credit limit at my credit union, and i will use this to get my stage1 turbo. I still have a balance left on there to pay, and then i will order the kit when its paid off. By doing it this way, i can get the turbo within several more months, have it for the most of the summer, and i can pay it off over a year or so. If i didn't use this credit, i would not be able to get the turbo until very late summer, or even the winter. I'm too impatient for that

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

run4cvrApr-22-02 11:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2477 posts,
#20239, "RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?"
In response to Reply # 6

I just did it. I was saving for a HRC stage 2 w/ the fmic option. Then i found someone selling the same thing used, but i only had half of what he wanted so i got a loan for the rest.

John 96 GS

Dave_FLApr-22-02 12:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#20240, "RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?"
In response to Reply # 8

I paid mine cash. I am still paying $370 a month for my car.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

TeamStan2gntApr-22-02 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#20241, "RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?"
In response to Reply # 9

I let the gov't take out an interest free loan from me throughout the yr and I'll be damned if every yr they dont give it back as promised in the from of a tax return. I may have bad saving habbits but damn the gov't is good (now if they would just add appropriate interest-bastards). So far its gotten me a turbo and a 19" wheel/tire package. God knows what it will be next yr.

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

toykillaApr-22-02 06:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
#20242, "RE: Anyone making payments on a turbo?"
In response to Reply # 10

I also got a long term loan from Navy Fed Credit Union. Payments like like 45$ a month. Mine will be payed off 2 years earily.

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #20231 Previous topic | Next topic