Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #20017
View in linear mode

Subject: "can I use anything off my star stage 2 for a 4g63 application?" Previous topic | Next topic
YelloEcipse97Apr-18-02 12:12 PM
Member since Nov 22nd 2001
75 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20017, "can I use anything off my star stage 2 for a 4g63 application?"

I would like to know, because I dont know if I should get another n/t or just buy a 95-96 gst. I heard I could def. apply the turbo with an adapter plate to make the turbo fit. and the fmu and the pump. If I buy a gst , I would have to buy a 95-96 model. If I buy a n/t , I will have enough for the 97+ body style which I like alot. so what do you guys think? I only have $ 7000.00

thanx 2gnt-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

eclipsekaiserApr-18-02 01:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20018, "RE: can I use anything off my star stage 2 for a 4g63 application?"
In response to Reply # 0

I believe the whole T3/T4 assembly is the only thing you can use as a "direct bolt on w/ minimal mod to flange parts" that you can carry over to your 4g63. Possibly the Star FMIC can be salvaged if you fabricate mount brackets out of sheet metal for suppost as well as run 45* wlbows to meet with the factory upper IC piping.

I've only seen it done once. But RRE was in charge of it.

-K-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dave_FLApr-18-02 01:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#20019, "RE: can I use anything off my star stage 2 for a 4g63 application?"
In response to Reply # 1

If your going with a 4g63 just sell the kit and use the money towards the GS-T. Have you checked out the insurance rates on a GS-T for your age group. I think you might pass out when they give you a quote.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

TeamJeff_99gsApr-18-02 02:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#20020, "RE: can I use anything off my star stage 2 for a 4g63 application?"
In response to Reply # 2

yeah I almost passed out when I got my insurance quote.... $700 dollars a year. I almost lost it. and thats for GSX

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #20017 Previous topic | Next topic