Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #19832
View in linear mode

Subject: "having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!" Previous topic | Next topic
YelloEcipse97Apr-16-02 03:26 AM
Member since Nov 22nd 2001
75 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19832, "having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!"

okay everything is off my car. everything. I go to start her up .. idles then dies, it does this a few times. I finally get her to idle at 1k. Alot of black smoke comes out the back at first then it stops. I drive her she is fine up til 4k rpms then she studders and wont go past the mark, until i shift. I shift its fine until i go to 4k rmp.
The car basically drives fine, until i hit 4k. What the heck is going on here? all the vac lines, the fmu, the pump, manifold, downpipe, everything is off of it. Why is my car actiing like this should i drive it slowly for a while??? thanx guys!

im getting a newer dsm so im keeping the turbo kit
LONg Live dsms 2gntT

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!, joshacu, Apr-16-02 04:39 AM, #1
RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-16-02 05:27 AM, #2
      RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!, mitseclps, Apr-16-02 05:39 AM, #3
           RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!, mcgyvr, Apr-16-02 05:48 AM, #4
                RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!, Moderator992gnt, Apr-16-02 06:52 AM, #5
                     RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!, YelloEcipse97, Apr-18-02 09:15 AM, #6

joshacuApr-16-02 04:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
625 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19833, "RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!"
In response to Reply # 0

did you have the battery off while you where taking off all the stuff. if not then your ecu prob need to reset. if so then maybe try again. but then again i dont know a whole lot about turbo related problems
-Josh

weapon-r intake
greddy headers
apex-i n1 catback
afx udp
energy suspension
motor mounts
cf altezza tail lights
bored t/b
magnecore wires
hotter plugs

15.882@86.27

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-16-02 05:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#19834, "RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!"
In response to Reply # 1

MAP sensor. Check it...

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

mitseclpsApr-16-02 05:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#19835, "RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!"
In response to Reply # 2

dino is right john. it happened to me, when the MAP dies (maybe yours is just disconnected?) you can't go past 4k rpms, it just won't let you, it's like a rev lim almost. they're not the cheapest sensor either. why did you take the kit off thou?? we just put it on. did you decide to get a new car?

-bryan
'98 rst

mcgyvrApr-16-02 05:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#19836, "RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!"
In response to Reply # 3

your car just hates you now for taking the turbo off.
Id stop working too

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Moderator992gntApr-16-02 06:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#19837, "RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!"
In response to Reply # 4

Put the stock fuel pressure regulator back in. Sounds like you're drowning the car from the inside out.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

YelloEcipse97Apr-18-02 09:15 AM
Member since Nov 22nd 2001
75 posts,
#19838, "RE: having trouble driving my car after star stage 2 removal!"
In response to Reply # 5

the o2 was black on the dp, and the wires to the sensor are totally stripped so i dunno whats black whats grey and white wires. I am getting a newer dsm just not sure if i should get another n/t or get a 4g63. I only have 7 k to spend if that what should i do? Im giving the car back to the collectors. No sense paying 8000 for a 92k mile car with turbo . Thats my reasoning. I just wasnt sure what was up with my car. I found a lil water in the plugs so .........hmm im stumped the sensor looks fine. im out of here

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #19832 Previous topic | Next topic