Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #19565
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Still tilting lean, is this because i ran my FMU from the back with a long vac line?" Previous topic | Next topic
YelloEcipse97Apr-11-02 05:08 AM
Member since Nov 22nd 2001
75 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19565, "Still tilting lean, is this because i ran my FMU from the back with a long vac line?"

I ran my fmu from the back of the car to the front and i have a 6 1/2 vacuum line running to the fmu. Should i just run the fmu from the front and have 2 fuel lines to run to the back to the tank and the fpr, or what? I believe some of the problem of running lean is due to the fact that i have to much vac line and not enough vaccum pressure to be sensed through such a long vac line. I bought my star kit from a 95 owner so since then I had to buy a VC2 for it , and I am being told that i need a Inline pump too. Do i need a inline pump? i've heard of the Airtex, and Accel inline pump. Do i need these?
I need some light shed on this subject. My gas milage still sucks!
By the way i got black suet on my valve cover and its leading from the 2nd and 3rd studs off of the manni im missing 2 studs could these leaks be a problem, im getting black smoke everywhere yikes!!!1
any help is greatly appreciated thanx guys!

john

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
whodatt1Apr-11-02 06:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19566, "RE: Still tilting lean, is this because i ran my FMU from the back with a long vac line?"
In response to Reply # 0

just make sure that the vacuum line to the fmu is not leaking.
putting the fmu in the front is not a bad idea since the distance the air pressure has to travel is much shorter, if you can do that.
I don't think you need an inline fuel pump, I don't have one, just have the walbro that came with the kit. if you don't have one then you either have to get one or get an inline pump, your stock one is not enough.

about the holes in the mani, odn't quite understand what you said, but it seems that if there are carbon deposits all over and they are coming out of the intake mani then you have a pretty big leak and this could be why you don't have enough pressure to give your fmu a correct reading.

late.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

YelloEcipse97Apr-11-02 10:12 AM
Member since Nov 22nd 2001
75 posts,
#19567, "RE: Still tilting lean, is this because i ran my FMU from the back with a long vac line?"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah i have the 255, and im running 5psi right now, i notice black smoke shooting out now and then from the exhaust when i punch it real good, the other day i was doing 70 in 5th gear and i down shifted to 4th and it had no response just stuttered no boost, no spoool, no nothing, i havent changed the fuel filter since i've had the car over 34k. Im trying to find out whats up. Yes i can hear the boost leaks i need to fix them because the carbon deposits all in the engine bay gross! Ive double checked all the vac lines. When will I need a inline pump? I know dino has one. Do i neccesarily need one? I have 2 bolts leaking by the turbine housing and two bolts missing off the manni (2-3). I checked the fmu and i made sure the out line runs to the tank. The inline to the FPR. I fixed the kink i had in the outline. I notice the air/fuel reads better to stoich and rich. Only in 4th and 5th do i get lean readings. Maybe i should run the fmu upfront what do you guys think! My car is running faster now! The car is running jerky in all gears it seems like. Could the vc2 be off? I try to run a meter to it, and the highest it read was 2.20v. To verify which wire on the ecu harness needed to be spliced and tapped? Lets get the ball rolling!

thanx, john

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #19565 Previous topic | Next topic