Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #18965
View in linear mode

Subject: "can running lean to running rich affect your boost ,,,my car feels slower on take off!!!??" Previous topic | Next topic
YelloEcipse97Apr-03-02 02:36 PM
Member since Nov 22nd 2001
75 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18965, "can running lean to running rich affect your boost ,,,my car feels slower on take off!!!??"

i had he vc2 adjusted right,,then all of the sudden it ran to lean....and stayed on the first 3 bars..my car feels a bit sluggish ,and jerky . Can anyone give me a idea of whats happening,,, it was running stoiche to rich earlier,,,now its lean,,whats going on.... I could use all the help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cyanApr-03-02 04:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18966, "RE: can running lean to running rich affect your boost ,,,my car feels slower on take off!!!??"
In response to Reply # 0

if you run really lean it will be faster but it may blow up...if you run really rich it will feel really sluggish...mine does now...but too rich can damage your injectors and in some cases your entire engine. (i remember joe telling me once that after a rebuild he ran so rich it actually caused his rings to cmpletely destroy his cylinders)

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

YelloEcipse97Apr-04-02 02:11 AM
75 posts,
#18967, "RE: can running lean to running rich affect your boost ,,,my car feels slower on take off!!!??"
In response to Reply # 1

well ,,,is there anyway to fix my problem, ill be honest i bought the car with 57k on it now it has 92k on it , should i change the fuel filter now, oh and my brand new plugs keep getting black whatts. up with that thanx john

cyanApr-04-02 04:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#18968, "RE: can running lean to running rich affect your boost ,,,my car feels slower on take off!!!??"
In response to Reply # 2

no CEL? i would say check your o2 sensor...or can you actually feel the difference as it changes from lean to rich?

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-04-02 06:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#18969, "RE: can running lean to running rich affect your boost ,,,my car feels slower on take off!!!??"
In response to Reply # 3

If it starts to sputter and pop right when you get into boost, your VC2 is adjusted wrong and you're getting fuel cut.

adjust it for no more than 4.79 volts.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

YelloEcipse97Apr-04-02 08:47 AM
75 posts,
#18970, "RE: can running lean to running rich affect your boost ,,,my car feels slower on take off!!!??"
In response to Reply # 4

well...i thought about it real hard,,and my 02 sensor is powder white, my exhaust tip is blacker! i havent changed the pcv valve or the fuel filter since iv'e had the car. I bought it when it had 57k on it, and i havent changed the fuel filter on it.. since i first bought it, nor do i know the previous owners did, could this be a problem ?? please help running lean with sputtering is getting annoying

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #18965 Previous topic | Next topic