Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #17203
View in linear mode

Subject: "fuel pressure guage" Previous topic | Next topic
Swsoc07Mar-08-02 07:31 AM
Member since Feb 26th 2002
78 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17203, "fuel pressure guage"

On the HRC stage 1 kit is the fuel pressure guage loacted inside the car or under the hood...do you guys recommend a air/fuel guage also? I will be upgrading to the stage 2 kit in the near future...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-08-02 08:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17204, "RE: fuel pressure guage"
In response to Reply # 0

i beleive it is under the hood.

Yes, buy an A/F gauge AND an EGT gauge. better safe than sorry.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Swsoc07Mar-08-02 08:09 AM
78 posts,
#17205, "RE: fuel pressure guage"
In response to Reply # 1

What does the EGT guage tell me? I am really new to all of this and I am trying ot learn all that I can. Sorry if I sound like an idiot

TeamJasonESi_TMar-08-02 08:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#17206, "RE: fuel pressure guage"
In response to Reply # 2

It'll tell you the temperature of the exhaust gases within your exhaust manifold. You can inferentiate from those temps whether your car is running right.

Using both an A/F meter and an EGT guage you'll be able to discern whether your car is too rich or too lean. For example, your A/F meter might read .97 and your EGT might be really high (i.e. close to 1600). In that scenario, you're too rich with fuel and there is unburned fuel making it real hot in your exhaust manifold. Another example, is that your a/f meter reads .88. Your EGT guage again reads 1600. That means your too lean. Another example is your A/F meter reads .92 and your EGT reads 1525. You're looking pretty good right there. But there are lots of other combinations you may encounter, you just need to use both to identify what's going on.

p.s. The fuel pressure guage is under the hood with a long fuel line attached to it so you can read your fuel pressure from inside the car by placing the guage on your windshield.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Swsoc07Mar-08-02 08:18 AM
78 posts,
#17207, "RE: fuel pressure guage"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks a lot. I will figure all of this stuff out eventually. This is fun and I am glad im finally getting into it...

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #17203 Previous topic | Next topic