Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #14247
View in linear mode

Subject: "Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?" Previous topic | Next topic
xWrathChildxJan-26-02 06:02 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
21 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14247, "Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"

It claims that on the sight. I dunno if that's correct or not. That seems like a pretty ballzy claim. If they can back it up, I guess, than more power to them. Also, if that's true, with a lil more mods, that means that a little RS could hang with a 3000gt or stealth R/T TT. Thanks for the help

Logan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, SaberKhan, Jan-26-02 06:53 PM, #1
RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, RyaN95i4, Jan-26-02 07:27 PM, #2
RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-27-02 03:03 AM, #3
      RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, SaberKhan, Jan-27-02 04:13 AM, #4
           RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, phrenzy, Jan-27-02 04:53 AM, #5
           RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-27-02 05:39 AM, #6
                RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, Kory, Jan-27-02 06:24 AM, #7
                     RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, Logic3, Jan-27-02 06:39 AM, #8
                          RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, Kory, Jan-27-02 09:33 AM, #9
                               RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, SHOGUN98RS, Jan-27-02 11:59 AM, #10
                                    RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, Dave_FL, Jan-27-02 12:00 PM, #11
                                         RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, HadesOmega, Jan-27-02 03:35 PM, #12
                                              RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, SaberKhan, Jan-27-02 05:05 PM, #13
                                                   RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-28-02 01:08 AM, #14
                                                        RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, TeamMuRiX, Jan-28-02 03:01 AM, #15
                                                             RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, TeamJeff_99gs, Jan-28-02 04:09 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, Mystic511, Jan-28-02 05:10 AM, #17
                                                                       RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, Dave_FL, Jan-28-02 07:51 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, PUGSX, Jan-28-02 10:01 AM, #19
                                                                                 RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, toykilla, Jan-28-02 02:50 PM, #20
                                                                                      RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, Super20G, Jan-28-02 03:20 PM, #21
                                                                                      RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, PUGSX, Jan-28-02 03:24 PM, #22
                                                                                           RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, toykilla, Jan-28-02 08:06 PM, #23
                                                                                                RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, 1TuffRS, Jan-29-02 02:47 AM, #24
                                                                                                     RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?, SaberKhan, Jan-29-02 08:08 AM, #25

SaberKhanJan-26-02 06:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14248, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, with proper driving, it will. We have guys here running high 14's with only 3 pounds of boost. With a stage II kit, you can run 9 pounds. Do the math. Its perfectly logical.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RyaN95i4Jan-26-02 07:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#14249, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 0

very possible. not everyone pulls those numbers obviously, but its not something thats rare or anything. a good driver and a good state of tune, and your there.

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

TeamStan2gntJan-27-02 03:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#14250, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 2

Possible but HIGHLY untypical. If you think you are going to be neck and neck with true high 13sec cars such as Camaro Z28s and 3000GTs on the street with just an exhaust I got some spark plugs to sell you that will definately make it run 13s.

All I got to say is show me any stage 2 that runs 13s on street tires and 10lbs of less (and just an exhaust). I know its been done at +10lbs

I noticed the factory turbo times are a little on the slow side while the stage 2 times are nearly at the impossible or best case scenario end of the scale. Coincidence?

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

SaberKhanJan-27-02 04:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#14251, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 3

Guy ran a 13.9 with 10psi I believe, and thats with 105mph trap speeds! Greg just recently ran a 12.8 @ 109. Big difference in times, not as much in speeds. Why? Traction. So, obviously Guy was doing a 1st and 2nd gear burnout. If Guy couldve gotten his 60ft times down in the 2.0-2.2 second range, he wouldve been well into the 13's. So, 9psi, with a good 60ft will net you a high 13.

1996 RS 5-speed

phrenzyJan-27-02 04:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#14252, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 4

14.42 here on 4.5psi at the intake plenum with no traction, so It's pretty logical that high 13s are completely possible.

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

TeamStan2gntJan-27-02 05:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#14253, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 4

>Guy ran a 13.9 with 10psi I believe, and thats with 105mph
>trap speeds!

Guy ran more than 10psi and eventually blew his engine because of excessive +10psi runs

Greg just recently ran a 12.8 @ 109. Big
>difference in times, not as much in speeds.

Greg ran 16+psi and slicks

Why? Traction.

the two had very different set ups, tires and turbos, neither at the recommended boost range for stage 2

Yes I still own a 2gnt.
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

KoryJan-27-02 06:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#14254, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 6

logic also dictates that few to none here have ran 13.7s with stage 2 and just cat back like Hahn has at their suggested boost for the stage 2 kit. whether it be traction, bad driving, or something else is the question

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, B&M sS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

Logic3Jan-27-02 06:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#14255, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 7

What about Patrick. He ran a 13.8 with stage 2 I belive.

KoryJan-27-02 09:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#14256, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 8

yes few have like i stated... lots tho? doubt it

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, B&M sS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

SHOGUN98RSJan-27-02 11:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
165 posts,
#14257, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 9

patrick ran a 13.4 or .2 on 18psi w/no timing retard & was not stage 2, built motor.

http://www.geocities.com/shogunltw
HOUSTON 2gnt
auto-star stage III 18psi..."hey tranny u still there"??

Dave_FLJan-27-02 12:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#14258, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 10

RS GUY ran a 13.9 on a stage 2.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

HadesOmegaJan-27-02 03:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#14259, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 11

unofficial but I ran 14.85 (woohoo beat my 14.98) on a freeway drag. I just parked my car at the end of the onramp and set the turbo timer and off I go. Really early in the morning that ^_^

oh yeah I'm running 4 psi of boost right now. Wahaha think how much faster with 7psi with 14inch underinflated tires! But I got a lotta mods though

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

SaberKhanJan-27-02 05:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#14260, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 12

No, RS Guy did run a 13.9 @ 105mph with only 10psi. I wasnt comparing turbo kits. I was comparing times. Tonight, I watched my friends Vetted turn a 12.6 @ 108mph. Greg ran a 12.8 @ 109mph. Two totally different cars and engines, but you can compare the times. The vette had a 1.7 sec 60ft time, versus Greg's 1.9. Now, had Greg been able to pull off a 1.7, his overall time wouldve been right about 12.6. Make sense? I was just saying, that with a good 60ft time RS Guy wouldve been able to dig deep into the 13's judging by his 105mph trap speed. LS1 Camaros with 106mph traps have been known to rip off high 12's and low 13's.

1996 RS 5-speed

TeamStan2gntJan-28-02 01:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#14261, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 13

>Make sense?

yes but its still rare for a stage 2 to run high 13s with street tires you must admitt. And judging by the 15.5 times he listed for a GS-T you have to assume both cars on street tires.

Yes I still own a 2gnt.
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

TeamMuRiXJan-28-02 03:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#14262, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 14

Most Stage II kits will run a mid to low 14. That is an average. Some slower, some faster. Different things can effect that, namely how much boost you are willing to run. For reference, my Stage II best at 9 psi was a 14.5@97. I had a 2.6 60' and full weight on pump gas. I also had some nasty boost leaks. My other mods were an exhaust, boost controller, and Cam gears. I also was on my heavy 17" wheels.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

TeamJeff_99gsJan-28-02 04:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#14263, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 15

A lot has to do with weight as well. A 95 base model weighs a whole lot less than a 99 fully loaded GS or GS Sport. Just the small things like heavier trim and other options add on the pounds.

It seems on average that 95-96 base model cars are just faster. People running 15s with just GS-T muffler, intake, and UDP.

Mystic511Jan-28-02 05:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#14264, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 16

but they have to roll down their windows and pretend to have a sunroof. =P

luxuries are luxuries after all.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Dave_FLJan-28-02 07:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#14265, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 17

And not to mention the weight of the driver. I weigh 235 lbs so it slows me down a bit. Plus I have a fully loaded GS. So I guess 14.9 on 5 psi isnt that bad after all.

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

PUGSXJan-28-02 10:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
72 posts,
#14266, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 18

actually, RS Guy ran 13.8 with 10+psi. How i know? I was there

toykillaJan-28-02 02:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
#14267, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 19

I dont know what you guys are talking about but With my stage2 and 9psi I destroy Z28's and even edged out a new SS camaro. (his nose at my door til top of 3rd gear). Ive raced a brand new GT stang and I had him by a car. I also beat a GS-T and the guy told me after he runs 12.8 on slicks. The SS is a high 12 low 13 car, GT stang is low 13 car. and the GS-T if hes not lying is a high 12 low 13 second car with slicks. It is 100% possible. all i have to performance is the turbo and exhaust.

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

Super20GJan-28-02 03:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14268, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 20

ahh, I dont know about you edging out a new SS at 9psi, I have a hard time running a lot higher boost than that.. I raced a new z28 at 15psi and it was a good race, real close. Didnt ask if he had any mods, just assumed exhaust and maby an intake...

PUGSXJan-28-02 03:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
72 posts,
#14269, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 20

that would mean u run 12.79 in the 1/4 then

>. I also beat a
>GS-T and the guy told me after he runs 12.8 on slicks. The
>SS is a high 12 low 13 car, GT stang is low 13 car. and the
>GS-T if hes not lying is a high 12 low 13 second car with
>slicks.

toykillaJan-28-02 08:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
881 posts,
#14270, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 22

>that would mean u run 12.79 in the 1/4 then
>
>
>>. I also beat a
>>GS-T and the guy told me after he runs 12.8 on slicks. The
>>SS is a high 12 low 13 car, GT stang is low 13 car. and the
>>GS-T if hes not lying is a high 12 low 13 second car with
>>slicks.

No it doesnt. We did a road race. Neither of us had slicks on. =] It just means I beat down some guy in a GS-T. With the SS...as everyone knows, some are faster than others off the assembly line. Maybe I just raced one of the slow ones. All I know is I beat it, off the line I got about a car head start then the high HP of the SS started pulling me in. Top of 3rd is where we stopped but I could tell he would have passed me if we had more room to keep going. He also peeled off line and I didnt so....It was a fun race and by all means, Im not saying Im faster than every SS out there. Just that 1 at that point in time. =]

Robert Parkhurst
toykilla@comcast.net

1TuffRSJan-29-02 02:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#14271, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 23

not all base models come without sunroofs mystic. I got one

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

SaberKhanJan-29-02 08:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#14272, "RE: Does the HRC Stage II really pull high 13's with aftermarket exhaust and nothing else?"
In response to Reply # 24

I think much of it has to do with the driver. Of course weight and just the particular engine will affect that greatly. I watched a friend of mine in her 200SX SE-R run low 16's all night. Then, my mustang buddy Terry drove her car for one run. He had never been in it. What did he run? 15.61 Yeah, experience and the driver play alot. Comparing 60fts and trap speeds will tell you ALOT. Our GS-T friend Deeze will tell you that, as he seems to understand the concept well. On a personal note, I have no doubt in my mind that with 7-9psi in *my* car, with me driving would turn high 13's at least. I have no doubts in that whatsoever. Then again, I cant really say that for every car, and every driver. So yeah, the norm is probably mid to low 14's. Something to remember, the times HRC state are for their RS. Not their GS or GS Sport with 18" chrome wheels and a full stereo system.

1996 RS 5-speed

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #14247 Previous topic | Next topic