Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #13957
View in linear mode

Subject: "which turbo kit, and other turbo q's?" Previous topic | Next topic
xWrathChildxJan-22-02 01:16 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
21 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13957, "which turbo kit, and other turbo q's?"

After the summer I'm going to buy a '96 Eclipse RS. By next summer, I plan on having enough for turbo, so I have some questions. First off, which is best Star or HRC? (For price:power ratio). Also, does the hrc kit really give a freaking 130hp boost from a stock engine with aftermarket exhaust? If I get the stage 2 kit, do I need to beef anything up or not? Well thanks ya'll. Also, after I get turbo, what should I look at getting for performance? I already plan on carbon fiber hood and 16" wheels. Thanks all.

Logan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cyanJan-22-02 03:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13958, "RE: which turbo kit, and other turbo q's?"
In response to Reply # 0

this has been mulled over way too many times, at least a few times at my own request a year or so ago im sure, but i was as adamant a star fan as there ever was, and look at me now. as bokeem woodbine (in "The Big Hit") would say..."dog, i have seen the light...straight jackin' saves you that mad cream"...ahem, i mean hahn all the way!

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KoryJan-22-02 03:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#13959, "RE: which turbo kit, and other turbo q's?"
In response to Reply # 1

want to buy my RS? cheep!!!

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, B&M sS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ Ported/Clipped 10 degrees Frank 2 w/47trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #13957 Previous topic | Next topic