Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1193
View in linear mode

Subject: "optimal fuel sys. upgrd." Previous topic | Next topic
JunoonJan-26-01 02:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1193, "optimal fuel sys. upgrd."

I'm looking in getting either one of the turbo kits... but could anyone tell me, what would be an optimal fuel system to go with?? Is there a way to make sure not to run lean up till 10psi??? thnx.

Junoon
97-RS
Michigan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Phat99EclipseJan-26-01 03:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1194, "RE: optimal fuel sys. upgrd."
In response to Reply # 0

From my experience, and what others on this board post, both kits have their good points and their bad. As far as fuel is concerned, you shouldn't run into too lean of a mixture with either kit at 10psi. Over that I would start to look at larger injectors and a Fuel Computer of some sort (AFC, Haltech, etc...). If anyone knows different please correct me, especially before I turn up the boost...

DoN

'99 GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2, CFDF Clutch
Greddy Manual Boost Controller
Greddy BOV and EVO Exhaust
Greddy TT and shift knob
B&M Edge Short Shifter
Eibach Sportlines with Tokiko Blues

'99 Eclipse GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2
Greddy EVO Exhuast
AEM Big Brakes
Greddy Type S BOV
Pioneer DEH-P7200
Bazooka EL1500 running 2 MTX 10" Subs
Fosgate Separates throughout

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BoostnRSJan-30-01 09:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
#1195, "RE: optimal fuel sys. upgrd."
In response to Reply # 1

I think you pretty much nailed that one down pretty good !
10psi is definetaly the max for our stock injectors but not a max for our internals.
I would be really careful boosting 10psi on those 230cc injectors. Just be sure to watch your A/F gauge and your EGT !!

later!

Jason 95 GS TurboJan-30-01 09:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
#1196, "RE: optimal fuel sys. upgrd."
In response to Reply # 2

I would say get a set of 310 injectors since our cars can run them on the stock ECU, and if you get a star kit, get the Super FMU instead of the normal 12:1 FMU. Since you'll have the larger injectors, you would probably only need to raise fuel pressure at a 10:1 or so ratio. Plus, with the Super FMU, you can fine tune it better to see slightly more power. Just get a good EGT gauge, and an A/F gauge, and you'll be good to go. i wouldn't really recommend running 10 lbs. on the stock injectors. It works, but they are seeing massive amounts of pressure in them. 310's would leave you on the safe side.

jason
95 GS Turbo

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1193 Previous topic | Next topic