Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1142
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wyatt, what news of the fuel pumps?" Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiJan-23-01 07:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1142, "Wyatt, what news of the fuel pumps?"

what news?

Hey, I wasn't sent the 7lbs spring for my wastegate. Is it possible to send it to me? I don't want injector lock up...

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamWyattJan-24-01 05:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1143, "RE: Wyatt, what news of the fuel pumps?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Leon,
Ok, you want a 7lb spring right? I think Darkone does to correct?
I'll let you guys know through e-mail, ok?

Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-24-01 06:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1144, "Sounds good to me."
In response to Reply # 1

If it'll save you some trouble, i can keep the 9lb spring. i'd be happier running the higher boost (wouldn't we all?) just as long as my baby's fuel needs are met. I took the whole pump mess apart again the other day (and STILL forgot to check the model#) and noticed that the teflon i had wrapped around the feed nipple on the pump was still dry. It's sealing, but from watching my gauges, my best guess now as to why it's sputtering at sustained boost is that it's simply running out of fuel pressure. EGT starts to rise, A/F drops to .07 and stays there, boost levels out, power loss, sputtering and popping. Which is worse, running lean for an extended amount of time, or running out of fuel pressure for 2 seconds at 7 psi once every week or so ?

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

TeamWyattJan-24-01 08:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#1145, "RE: Sounds good to me."
In response to Reply # 2

Jp was having the same problem. He checked hsi spark plugs and they were still gapped to .045! He re-gapped tehm to .035 and everything works great.
So, make sure you have one range colder plugs, and they are gapped to .035 or under. I'm going to gap mine to .030 and go up from there.
If it is a bad pump, that will shortly be taken care of. Check your e-mail.
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJan-24-01 09:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#1146, "RE: Sounds good to me."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah, i did all that. NGK BKR7E-11's gapped at .35 .. It definately ran better, but that didn't seem to be my primary issue.

-DarkOne
I'm so bad, i should be in detention.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

95ESiJan-24-01 04:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#1147, "RE: Sounds good to me."
In response to Reply # 4

I believe the pump model that we received is GSS307.
I remember looking at the vfaq

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/pump-WB-2GFWD.html

to cross reference with the pump I got..

I can keep my 9lbs too if I can make sure the fuel needs are met...

l e o n

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1142 Previous topic | Next topic