Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1134
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I was wrong about HRC!" Previous topic | Next topic
fly1Jan-23-01 02:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1134, "I was wrong about HRC!"

I just want to retract what I've said in my previous postings concerning the HRC turbo kit; it turns out there was a major miscommunication, which lead to my frustration about the turbo kit and HRC.

The negative postings grew out of frustration when the intercooler pipings couldn't be fitted without custom IC pipings because I have ABS--HRC stage 2 turbo kit owners already know that the upper IC pipe runs through the hole behind the CPU; it's also where my ABS unit sits!

Most of my contacts with HRC were either through a third party or with their sales people, and attempts to resolve the matter wasn't clear to me. It would appear that along the way, something went wrong in communications back and forth between the three parties. Miscommunication does occur when multiple parties are involved, and that was evident in my case.

One day, I decided to email Bill Hahn, Jr. directly; we exchanged emails and the "problem" was resolved within 2 days. I was surprised as to how promptly Mr. Hahn had responded to my emails. Mr. Hahn really cares about his customers and his business, which showed in his emails to me. All along, HRC stood ready to help, but I was not aware; they are still ready to help and, Mr. Hahn is handling the situation personally!

Finally, on behalf of HRC, I want to clarify that installation of the intercooler with the stage 2 kit is only a problem on cars with ABS. Mr. Hahn has told me that they're are in the process of finding a solution for this particular circumstance.

I apologize for the long post, but I feel like this is the right thing for me to do.

~Fly1

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Clint97GSJan-24-01 01:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1135, "RE: I was wrong about HRC!"
In response to Reply # 0

This might sound like a stupid question, but how do you know if you do have ABS? Do you have to check behind the computer?

Clint

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fly1Jan-24-01 01:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1136, "RE: I was wrong about HRC!"
In response to Reply # 1

Directly behind the CPU and engine bay fuse box, there's a good size factory-cut hole (apprx. 3"X4"); the ABS unit is mounted to this opening via a bracket, and there will be 4-5 1/4" steel lines running through that factory opening--it's almost copper in color. The ABS unit itself is about the size of your palm. Another way to test if you have ABS is to drive your car at 20-30 mph and apply a good pressure to your brakes; if you feel a slight "pumping" of the brakes, and the wheels don't lock up, then you probably have ABS. I hope this helps.

~fly1

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

BoostnRSJan-24-01 11:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1137, "RE: I was wrong about HRC!"
In response to Reply # 2

On the 2g's if you have Disks in the back you have ABS if you have drums you dont ! =)
this doesnt apply to the 1995 Eagle talons !

Hope that helps !

Jason 95 GS TurboJan-24-01 11:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
183 posts,
#1138, "RE: I was wrong about HRC!"
In response to Reply # 3

I have discs in the rear and no ABS

jason
95 Gs turbo

Phat99EclipseJan-24-01 12:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
203 posts,
#1139, "RE: I was wrong about HRC!"
In response to Reply # 3

I have a '99 GS with discs in the rear and I don't have ABS. Just thought I'd clear this up.

DoN

'99 GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2, CFDF Clutch
Greddy Manual Boost Controller
Greddy BOV and EVO Exhaust
Greddy TT and shift knob
B&M Edge Short Shifter
Eibach Sportlines with Tokiko Blues

'99 Eclipse GS Sports Edition
Star Stage 2
Greddy EVO Exhuast
AEM Big Brakes
Greddy Type S BOV
Pioneer DEH-P7200
Bazooka EL1500 running 2 MTX 10" Subs
Fosgate Separates throughout

TeamJeff_99gsJan-25-01 03:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#1140, "RE: I was wrong about HRC!"
In response to Reply # 5

I too have a 99GS without ABS. 4 wheel discs... I can tell I don't have it by the way I glide past roads that I am trying to turn onto with all four wheels locked solid. (got to love black ice)

Jeff

http://gs.dsmpower.com

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #1134 Previous topic | Next topic