Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108127
View in linear mode

Subject: "Will a 1/2 honda radiator work with my setup?" Previous topic | Next topic
CyexmasterSep-04-10 10:14 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108127, "Will a 1/2 honda radiator work with my setup?"

Well I got a friend to let me use his 1/2 honda radiator (aluminum one) and it fits very very tightly but it fits....

But I was looking at this tiny thing and was worried that if I used one of those I would have temp issues. I'm mostly worried because I have a huge FMIC and I know that will limit the air that will reach the radiator..

Has any of you used this radiator with a big fmic?

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RoninEclipse2GSep-04-10 02:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108129, "RE: Will a 1/2 honda radiator work with my setup?"
In response to Reply # 0

Is it a stock Honda 1/2 radiator or a multicore thick racing version?

If it's a stock 1/2 radiator I'd be worried, but if it's the thick racing radiator then they work great

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CyexmasterSep-04-10 02:10 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
#108130, "RE: Will a 1/2 honda radiator work with my setup?"
In response to Reply # 1

it's the thick one, all aluminum....

but that thing is small..! it really worries me...

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

420agreenvilleSCSep-04-10 09:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#108131, "RE: Will a 1/2 honda radiator work with my setup?"
In response to Reply # 2

just run it. see what happens. if it doesnt work, take it off. no biggie.

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-04-10 09:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#108132, "RE: Will a 1/2 honda radiator work with my setup?"
In response to Reply # 3

Should work fine. The 4g63 guys run with the 1/2 and the Honda turbo guys run with the 1/2. I've never had any problems running with the half in any of my set-ups.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

TurbchargdSpydrSep-09-10 10:45 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2010
159 posts,
#108135, "RE: Will a 1/2 honda radiator work with my setup?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
just run it. see what happens. if it doesnt work, take it off. no biggie.

that sounds about right, haha

Last of a dying breed...

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108127 Previous topic | Next topic