Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108120
View in linear mode

Subject: "Fuel Pump re-wire" Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevAug-31-10 05:32 AM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108120, "Fuel Pump re-wire"

Today I re-wired my Walbro 255 and I must say that anyone who is turbo should do this mod. The results were great. My fuel pump isn't even as loud as it used to be, my AFR from 6-7k rpm used to be my lean spot, but now it no longer is. Also, my AFR's do seem to be steadier. And.... last but not least, you can no longer hear when my blinker is on For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, the turn signals cause the fuel pumps pitch to drop as it lit, then return to it's normal pitch. If anyone is interested, this is where I bought my re-wire kit from. Got here in two days.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DSM-FUEL-PUMP-REWIRE-KIT-Eclipse-Walbro-255-Priority-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5e4aafdbQQitemZ250690056155QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
One more thing, I do recommend soldering all connections.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Fuel Pump re-wire, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-01-10 07:55 AM, #1
RE: Fuel Pump re-wire, J, Sep-02-10 09:08 AM, #2
      RE: Fuel Pump re-wire, Slo2g, Sep-02-10 11:57 AM, #3
      RE: Fuel Pump re-wire, VendorRed90Sev, Sep-03-10 02:19 AM, #4
           RE: Fuel Pump re-wire, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-03-10 09:15 AM, #5
RE: Fuel Pump re-wire, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-05-10 02:26 AM, #6

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-01-10 07:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108121, "RE: Fuel Pump re-wire"
In response to Reply # 0

Everyone turbocharging a 2GNT should do the fuel pump reqire. It's just good business.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JSep-02-10 09:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#108122, "RE: Fuel Pump re-wire"
In response to Reply # 1

This is news to me... where did you mount the relay? I assume you ran the wire inside under the carpet and through the firewall?

- J

Slo2gSep-02-10 11:57 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#108123, "RE: Fuel Pump re-wire"
In response to Reply # 2

You can mount the relay anywhere you like. I have mine mounted behind my passenger airbag(airbag is gone but cover is there), I have done them with them under the hood as well. Its where ever you feel comfortable putting it and running wire. You would run wire just like doing an amplifier install, so yes under the carpet and throught the gromet to the fuel pump.

VendorRed90SevSep-03-10 02:19 AM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
#108125, "RE: Fuel Pump re-wire"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by J
This is news to me... where did you mount the relay? I assume you ran the wire inside under the carpet and through the firewall? - J

Yes, I went through the firewall and under the carpet. I mounted the relay behind the rear passenger panel (speaker cover).

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-03-10 09:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#108126, "RE: Fuel Pump re-wire"
In response to Reply # 4

Mine is actually mounted under the access hatch to the fuel pump assembly, between the body and the fuel tank.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneSep-05-10 02:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#108133, "RE: Fuel Pump re-wire"
In response to Reply # 0

For search purposes, http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Fuel_Pump_Re-wire

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108120 Previous topic | Next topic