Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108048
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hahn Portfueler & Tach adaptor..??" Previous topic | Next topic
turbosruleAug-01-10 09:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108048, "Hahn Portfueler & Tach adaptor..??"

What is the word on this?
I bought a portfueler off a member here some time ago,I am just now getting to this Mod, incidentally my dis-2 took a crap on me,,so no tach adapter.I have read that I do NOT need the Auto Meter 9117
Is this true? Will not using one generate a CEL?

Thanks!!

Hahn,Wiseco,Eagle,MSD,TurboXs
K&N,mopar,AEM,Greddy,Vortex,apexi and a bunch of other stuff..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Ebster1085Aug-01-10 01:48 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108049, "RE: Hahn Portfueler & Tach adaptor..??"
In response to Reply # 0

I use the 9117 with my PF and according to Hahn it is necessary to convert the tach signal into something that the PF can correctly read. However, I have heard from others that you can simply tap into the tach pin on the ECU harness and it will work fine.

Any input Mikey? Didn't we have this conversation recently?

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbosruleAug-01-10 03:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
423 posts,
#108050, "RE: Hahn Portfueler & Tach adaptor..??"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah!
that's what I want correctly working,,,

I just got rid of my problematic MSD dis-2 that did not work correctly!

what a drag that was.

Hahn,Wiseco,Eagle,MSD,TurboXs
K&N,mopar,AEM,Greddy,Vortex,apexi and a bunch of other stuff..

420agreenvilleSCAug-01-10 08:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#108051, "RE: Hahn Portfueler & Tach adaptor..??"
In response to Reply # 2

you can use the tach output on your ecu. look at the wiki for your year ecu. if you tap, then boost, but your AFR's go lean, or you have no power after about 3 psi, then lift off the pedal. that means the tach signal off the ecu isn't good enough. if that happens, get the 9117. its cheap anyway. ebay it

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108048 Previous topic | Next topic