Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108004
View in linear mode

Subject: "E85/fuel pump" Previous topic | Next topic
Slo2gJul-20-10 09:18 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108004, "E85/fuel pump"

I know a few guys on here have been running e85 in their cars but I was curious as to what fuel pump they where using. I know for really high boost you will need either an external fuel pump, a booster pump, or go with a twin in tank set up but and what level of boost would you need to go to that. At what level would a single intank wally 255hp be good to? I was just curious, I've been running e85 in my del sol for a while now but its NA and doesn't have any real demands on the fuel system. Thanks for the input guys/gals!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: E85/fuel pump, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-21-10 03:38 PM, #1
RE: E85/fuel pump, Slo2g, Jul-21-10 03:59 PM, #2
      RE: E85/fuel pump, 420agreenvilleSC, Jul-21-10 04:12 PM, #3
      RE: E85/fuel pump, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-21-10 06:52 PM, #4
           RE: E85/fuel pump, Slo2g, Jul-21-10 08:03 PM, #5
                RE: E85/fuel pump, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-22-10 12:39 PM, #6
                RE: E85/fuel pump, Slo2g, Jul-22-10 12:46 PM, #7
                     RE: E85/fuel pump, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-23-10 11:42 AM, #8
                          RE: E85/fuel pump, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-23-10 03:35 PM, #9
                               RE: E85/fuel pump, Slo2g, Sep-29-10 11:59 PM, #10
                RE: E85/fuel pump, grain, Sep-30-10 04:33 AM, #11
                     RE: E85/fuel pump, Moderatorteklein, Sep-30-10 07:32 AM, #12

RoninEclipse2GJul-21-10 03:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108007, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 0

Are you running a high comp NA setup? If not, there's absolutely no reason to run e85.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gJul-21-10 03:59 PM
1074 posts,
#108008, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 1

What does it matter if I am, I simply asked a question about E85 and fuel pumps. I want to know how much E85 a wally 255hp can support before you need a booster pump, dual pump intank set up, or an external pump(A1000) etc...and if you must know I am running a 10.5:1 comp piston with a head that has been decked 3 times and a S20g turbo. And E85 can make more power on a stock car as well. In my del sol I had a bone stock B16a(intake to header stock) made around 130 whp and after switching to E85 on the same set up laid down 151whp and 111wtq. Thats the problem I'm running into...too much he said she said shit about E85..

420agreenvilleSCJul-21-10 04:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#108009, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 2

BOOOYEA! (highfive)... lol sorry

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

RoninEclipse2GJul-21-10 06:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#108010, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 2
Jul-21-10 06:55 PM by RoninEclipse2G

Originally posted by Slo2g
What does it matter if I am, I simply asked a question about E85 and fuel pumps. I want to know how much E85 a wally 255hp can support before you need a booster pump, dual pump intank set up, or an external pump(A1000) etc...and if you must know I am running a 10.5:1 comp piston with a head that has been decked 3 times and a S20g turbo. And E85 can make more power on a stock car as well. In my del sol I had a bone stock B16a(intake to header stock) made around 130 whp and after switching to E85 on the same set up laid down 151whp and 111wtq. Thats the problem I'm running into...too much he said she said shit about E85..

Take your panties off, get the twists out of them and put them back on.

A B16a engine is already a high comp engine so it will make a nice difference. I didn't know your setup. Your standard 9.6:1 2gnt might see a few extra ponies but it's not really worth it for the cost of fuel and tuning required

For E85 you're going to have to do the math for what your system needs. E85 requires almost exactly 33% more fuel than normal gasoline so if you're close to the limit on your fuel setup currently then you're going to need something more. I don't know what kind of headroom your setup has.

Basically a fuel system that's topped out on a 255 wally will act like it's stuck with a 170lph pump because of the additional fuel required for a stoich mix.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

Slo2gJul-21-10 08:03 PM
1074 posts,
#108012, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 4
Jul-21-10 08:05 PM by Slo2g

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Originally posted by Slo2g What does it matter if I am, I simply asked a question about E85 and fuel pumps. I want to know how much E85 a wally 255hp can support before you need a booster pump, dual pump intank set up, or an external pump(A1000) etc...and if you must know I am running a 10.5:1 comp piston with a head that has been decked 3 times and a S20g turbo. And E85 can make more power on a stock car as well. In my del sol I had a bone stock B16a(intake to header stock) made around 130 whp and after switching to E85 on the same set up laid down 151whp and 111wtq. Thats the problem I'm running into...too much he said she said shit about E85..
Take your panties off, get the twists out of them and put them back on. A B16a engine is already a high comp engine so it will make a nice difference. I didn't know your setup. Your standard 9.6:1 2gnt might see a few extra ponies but it's not really worth it for the cost of fuel and tuning required For E85 you're going to have to do the math for what your system needs. E85 requires almost exactly 33% more fuel than normal gasoline so if you're close to the limit on your fuel setup currently then you're going to need something more. I don't know what kind of headroom your setup has. Basically a fuel system that's topped out on a 255 wally will act like it's stuck with a 170lph pump because of the additional fuel required for a stoich mix.

My panties are not in a wad or twisted. I simply told you that your answer was irrelavent to the question that was asked. The B16 is only a 10.2:1 comp motor, not that different than a 420a. The general rule of thumb is that E85 needs 30% more fuel but each car is going to be different, I know that, hell my del sol ended up needing over 40% more fuel. If you want to know my specific set up its the said motor/turbo above and 1000cc delphi injectors with MSnS. I'm not really asking for my particular limit, more so the general rule of thumb to go by(example: A 2gnt stock bottom end is only safe to 10 psi). We all know that its not a rule but a good guide line to go by when boosting a 2gnt. Most of the people I know around my area running E85 are running a in tank wally 255 and a inline bosh 044.

RoninEclipse2GJul-22-10 12:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#108014, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 5

Most of the people I know around my area running E85 are running a in tank wally 255 and a inline bosh 044.

sounds like you just answered your own question.

Erik P.

Slo2gJul-22-10 12:46 PM
1074 posts,
#108015, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 6

They run that because they are told to, not because they know the limits of their regular fuel pump. Again, its all he said she said shit.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-23-10 11:42 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#108016, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 7

Zac, contact ExtemeRS. Matt Duncan has done more than a few conversions and I think he only used a 255. I would take his word over any other right now. There are a lot of benefits to running E85 as you already know. Anyone arguing that hasnt done their research very well.

On a friends 55 Shoebox with a blown smallblock (twin 750 doublepumpers) he runs an aeromitive A1000 and 5/8 fuel line (line is more for high RPM useage).

RoninEclipse2GJul-23-10 03:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#108017, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
On a friends 55 Shoebox with a blown smallblock (twin 750 doublepumpers) he runs an aeromitive A1000 and 5/8 fuel line (line is more for high RPM useage).

I bet that thing would snap your neck on a hard launch.

Erik P.

Slo2gSep-29-10 11:59 PM
1074 posts,
#108178, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 9

Well, tested the theory tonight, at 18psi I had 420whp and 363wtq and the fuel pump was keeping up, didn't get a chance to look at my duty cycle on the injectors though. I will check that tomorrow!

grainSep-30-10 04:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#108179, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 5

My panties are not in a wad or twisted.

why are you wearing panties?

ModeratortekleinSep-30-10 07:32 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#108180, "RE: E85/fuel pump"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by grain
Originally posted by Slo2g My panties are not in a wad or twisted.
why are you wearing panties?

Because he is wearing too much underwear!

Only Zac and Jaime will get that, lol.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108004 Previous topic | Next topic