Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107457
View in linear mode

Subject: "to the people who tee'd into the brake booster" Previous topic | Next topic
HedgeNov-22-09 11:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107457, "to the people who tee'd into the brake booster"

so im planning on running my wastegate, bov and fmu off of the brake booster line, but i cant find anything to tee it with. No where around can get a 11/32 tee, the closest i can find is a 3/8 and its way to loose. So how did you tee it? also if i were to run a line like this, would it keep proper vacuum and boost levels? I dont want to have three tee's off of the one line.

/>

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster, VelocitaPaola, Nov-22-09 12:19 PM, #1
RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster, Hedge, Nov-22-09 12:35 PM, #2
      RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster, VelocitaPaola, Nov-22-09 12:53 PM, #3
           RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster, AdministratorCODE4, Nov-22-09 06:15 PM, #4
                RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster, Fallen4ng31, Nov-23-09 09:26 AM, #5
RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster, hazard_eclipse, Nov-23-09 08:28 PM, #6

VelocitaPaolaNov-22-09 12:19 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107458, "RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster"
In response to Reply # 0

I have mine configured like this (minus the boost controller)... It might be easier for you to do something similar.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HedgeNov-22-09 12:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#107459, "RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster"
In response to Reply # 1

I dont have a fitting coming off the compressor housing, Right now my boost gauge is tee'd off of where your fmu is. where does the vacuum line that you took off go to? Im asuming its the one closest to the driver on the "three source" tapped fitting, and i cant remember where that goes, but i could run the fmu, bov and wastegate off of it if it doesnt have anything to do with emmisions.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

VelocitaPaolaNov-22-09 12:53 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
#107460, "RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Hedge
I dont have a fitting coming off the compressor housing, Right now my boost gauge is tee'd off of where your fmu is. where does the vacuum line that you took off go to? Im asuming its the one closest to the driver on the "three source" tapped fitting, and i cant remember where that goes, but i could run the fmu, bov and wastegate off of it if it doesnt have anything to do with emmisions.

From left to right, the ports are: FPR, cruise control, EGR. You can tee the EGR vacuum line.

My compressor housing didn't have a vacuum port either, but I drilled and tapped one.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

AdministratorCODE4Nov-22-09 06:15 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#107461, "RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster"
In response to Reply # 3

You can run of these boost taps in lieu of drilling/tapping the compressor housing.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TP&Product_Code=ATP-FTG-010&Category_Code=

I would not run too many T's off one vacuum line.

My BOV is a Synchronic with three fittings on it. I run a vac line off the MPx TB that hits the 2 of the BOV fittings.

A line runs off the triple tree on the IM for the WG. Another line off the tree runs to the Aeromotive 1:1.

My compressor housing is not provisioned for a boost tap either however in the near future I need to.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Fallen4ng31Nov-23-09 09:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#107462, "RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster"
In response to Reply # 4

I would just plug the factory ports on the IM, and run a vacuum manifold, they're only $30-$45.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

hazard_eclipseNov-23-09 08:28 PM
Member since Jun 20th 2009
95 posts,
#107463, "RE: to the people who tee'd into the brake booster"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm running an OBX vacuum distribution block between the intake manifold and the brake booster. it would probably work better for what you're trying to do. they sell them with different amounts of ports too.

wiki homepage: http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Hazard_Eclipse

19:22:36 ‹hazard_eclipse› btw disclaimer: I am NOT hazardeclipse
19:23:10 ‹ez› 19:14:00 ‹hazard_eclipse› i honestly hate yellow.
19:23:25 ‹hazard_eclipse› lol good you saw that
19:23:55 ‹ez› you should put that in your sig

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107457 Previous topic | Next topic