Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107408
View in linear mode

Subject: "420a turbo build" Previous topic | Next topic
Tyeler1Nov-01-09 06:16 PM
Member since Nov 01st 2009
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107408, "420a turbo build"
Nov-01-09 06:18 PM by Tyeler1

I read on the 420a turbo build and was wondering how much total was spent on the motor including turbo. I have my own block that I want to send to the machine shop. Can I have it built to stand a turbo and not put one on right away. I know turbos are very expensive. Should I get a T4 turbo or??? I just want to clear up some question before I jump into this. Do I have to change the computer or anything to run a turbo? What kind of boost can I get? I could ask questions all day.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

irregular defectNov-02-09 01:07 AM
Member since Feb 23rd 2006
87 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107409, "RE: 420a turbo build"
In response to Reply # 0

And all of the answers to your questions lie within the "search" button.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTNov-02-09 05:54 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#107410, "RE: 420a turbo build"
In response to Reply # 1

Yes, every answer you are looking for can easily be obtained by using the search button.

And no, you probably do not want to use a t4 turbo, that is a pretty large turbo for a 4 cylinder application. Stick with a t3/t4 or something along that route.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

halfasss101Nov-07-09 01:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#107420, "RE: 420a turbo build"
In response to Reply # 2

t4 is too big. t3/t4 is good. building an engine for turbo with low compression pistons will run like crap without a turbo. But pretty much all you need to know to get started is on the second topic in this section. Start there, use the search function, and after you've read still your eyes bleed, come asking questions. lol. good look man

Originally posted by bullettdsm Recommendations are that you get drunk and sit idly by to stare at your car while nothing happens to it. End results seem to be that you will be happy.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107408 Previous topic | Next topic