Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #104993
View in linear mode

Subject: "likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits" Previous topic | Next topic
slacker911Oct-12-02 03:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104993, "likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits"

I would like to know what you like and dislike about each kit. I am starting to do reserch on what would make a great turbo kit for our cars. Also I would like to know options you would like on a kit such as tial WG or hks ss bov ect....

Thanks
Nathan

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits, TeamStan2gnt, Oct-12-02 04:52 PM, #1
RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits, phrenzy, Oct-13-02 10:30 AM, #2
      RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits, spicyMitsu, Oct-13-02 11:08 AM, #3
           RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits, Nitrous_RS1997, Oct-13-02 12:28 PM, #4
                RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits, slacker911, Oct-13-02 02:35 PM, #5
                     RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits, DVSJAY, Oct-13-02 03:14 PM, #6
                          RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits, eclipsekaiser, Oct-13-02 05:01 PM, #7
                          RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits, Teamner947, Oct-13-02 06:40 PM, #10
                               ., thedawg, Oct-17-02 06:26 AM, #18
                          RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits, slacker911, Oct-13-02 05:06 PM, #8
                               Attn: Phrenzy, Ryan_RS, Oct-13-02 05:46 PM, #9
                                    RE: Attn: Phrenzy, JustOne, Oct-14-02 02:39 PM, #11
                                    RE: Attn: Phrenzy, jsupetran, Oct-14-02 02:52 PM, #12
                                         RE: Attn: Phrenzy, JustOne, Oct-15-02 06:44 AM, #13
                                              RE: Attn: Phrenzy, JSMOTHRS, Oct-15-02 11:22 AM, #14
                                                   RE: Attn: Phrenzy, JustOne, Oct-15-02 01:43 PM, #15
                                                        RE: Attn: Phrenzy, HadesOmega, Oct-15-02 03:31 PM, #16
                                    RE: Attn: Phrenzy, phrenzy, Oct-15-02 03:33 PM, #17
                                         RE: Attn: Phrenzy, thedawg, Oct-17-02 06:28 AM, #19
                                              RE: Attn: Phrenzy, eclipsekaiser, Oct-17-02 06:49 AM, #20
                                                   RE: Attn: Phrenzy, HadesOmega, Oct-17-02 07:47 AM, #21
                                                        RE: Attn: Phrenzy, pn0ymahal, Oct-17-02 02:45 PM, #22
                                                             RE: Attn: Phrenzy, spicyMitsu, Oct-17-02 03:49 PM, #23
                                                                  RE: Attn: Phrenzy, pn0ymahal, Oct-17-02 04:17 PM, #24
                                                                       RE: Attn: Phrenzy, eclipsekaiser, Oct-17-02 08:29 PM, #25
                                                                            RE: Attn: Phrenzy, spike14485, Oct-17-02 11:47 PM, #26
                                                                            RE: Attn: Phrenzy, thedawg, Oct-18-02 06:43 AM, #27
                                                                                 RE: Attn: Phrenzy, esseclipse, Oct-18-02 10:07 AM, #28
                                                                                      RE: Attn: Phrenzy, DVSJAY, Oct-18-02 02:05 PM, #29
                                                                            RE: Attn: Phrenzy, Karl, Oct-18-02 02:19 PM, #30
                                                                                 RE: Attn: Phrenzy, Biatch, Apr-12-04 08:34 AM, #31

TeamStan2gntOct-12-02 04:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104994, "RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits"
In response to Reply # 0

The only thing I didn't like about the Star kit was the lack of low rpm power and the stage 1 piping which I didn't keep very long anyway. I didn't care for the dumptube dumping right down the front of my engine block either but never got around to route it into the downpipe. From 3500rpm up I didn't have much to complain about.

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

phrenzyOct-13-02 10:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#104995, "RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits"
In response to Reply # 1

HRC = Craptech FPR That's really my only complaint though, everything else kicks ass. 17,000 miles Stage II and counting, no problems.

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

spicyMitsuOct-13-02 11:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
573 posts,
#104996, "RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits"
In response to Reply # 2

star = no support at all, horrible fitment for everything (intake piping, downpipe, etc...), the oil sending unit adaptor they sent was threaded improperly, extremely vague instructions, external dumptube, and... thats about it i think.

-Joe

Nitrous_RS1997Oct-13-02 12:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#104997, "RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits"
In response to Reply # 3

everything on mine fit fine, guess some people get unlucky. i like the external WG, and routing the dumptube back into the exhaust isnt very hard at all, any welding shop can do it. mine was done with it still on the car.

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

slacker911Oct-13-02 02:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
#104998, "RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits"
In response to Reply # 4

ok so far
1.Good fpr
2.option of having external WG and also option of having it pre set up to dump into exhaust.

So far so good.....

Thanks
Nathan

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

DVSJAYOct-13-02 03:14 PM
Member since May 28th 2002
270 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#104999, "RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits"
In response to Reply # 5

Well i ended up customizing every thing on the star kit, I'm having a custom manifold made, changed the wg to a hks, and blow off valve to a bliz dd, gtr intercooler custom piping. The only thing i didn't like was like others said lack of instructions when i first got it, and turbo lag in the begining but that's part of having a big turbo. one things i do like is the hp potional without having to change out the turbo. No matter which turbo u get it's going to bring problems. The advatage of hahn is support and proven numbers, plus u can always upgrade(although i think it might be misleading a little) oh yeah mr hahn himslef reads and posts here. but to be honest you can't go wrong with hahn or star. I have friends who have hahn and star they love it,. oh yeah just some bground info on star have u ever heard of drag (they make turbo kits for hondas and are very good and very popular) the designers of their kits made star.

Jay

--- Pics ---
https://420a.shutterfly.com/

eclipsekaiserOct-13-02 05:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#105000, "RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits"
In response to Reply # 6

For a $3k Hahn kit:

I hate the cheap 3000gt BOV
I hate the cheap down pipe
I hate the cheap cartech FPR
I hate the cheap fuel cut voltage clamp
I hate the cheap oil return line
I hate the cheap manifold bolts
I hate the cheap 3rd DP bolt
I hate the cheap DP paper gasket
I think that is all of my dislike

Overall I love the kit. It has transform my 2gnt into somewhat of a mild street terror. Bill is an awsome person to do business with. Great customer support, very knowledgable, high quality construction of turbo parts. It is just some of the parts he uses need improvement.

For 3k+ turbo kit, if using those stated parts, atleast get a CARB excemption to justify the price. Or throw in some larger injectors like the Greddy kits.

thanx for the theraputic session.

-K-

Teamner947Oct-13-02 06:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#105001, "RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits"
In response to Reply # 7

>I hate the cheap 3000gt BOV
>I hate the cheap down pipe
>I hate the cheap cartech FPR
>I hate the cheap fuel cut voltage clamp
>I hate the cheap oil return line
>I hate the cheap manifold bolts
>I hate the cheap 3rd DP bolt
>I hate the cheap DP paper gasket
>I think that is all of my dislike

heh... i agree mostly with the "3rd DP bolt", it like intersects the hahn downpipe because the stud is like .1 inches too long. the craptech FPR sucks a lot too, the kit should have included the vortech s-fmu but whatever. i think that the fuel cut defender is also a bad idea, but i haven't had any issues with it so far (it probably won't tweak until i mess with the impedance of the whole system with my AFC that's on order). i tried the missing link, but it was fubar and i couldn't figure out why it gave me fuel cut around vacuum. anyways, i'm done now.

oh yeah, almost forgot. the in-line fuel pump is loud as f*&k.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

thedawgOct-17-02 06:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#105002, "."
In response to Reply # 10

slacker911Oct-13-02 05:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
#105003, "RE: likes and dislikes about hahn or star kits"
In response to Reply # 6

Where are you having your manifold made? This is the only part I am running into problems with. I realy would like one similar to ner's manifold. Also I am most likely going with a t3/4 set up however what trim options would you like to see or is a good overal setup for this engine. This is going to be small production based so quality is my main concern not quantity and entirely based on the users of the product and there input. I am also looking into possibly making a custome kit option where the buyer can choose options such as turbo trim, intercooler size/brand, wg, bov ect and the price will depend on this. I also realy want to make an affordable kit for well under 2k for those with less money but still want boost and can upgrade as cash permits.

Nathan

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

Ryan_HesOct-13-02 05:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#105004, "Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 8

Phrenzy, few questions:

How many miles did you have when you bosted it?

How much Boost have you run?

Do you run it hard a lot?

I am already running HRC Stage1 at 4psi, and am rolling over 3,000 turbo miles this month. But I baby it and dont drive it very hard too often. Just wondering what your habits and setup is that it's lasted that long.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

JustOneOct-14-02 02:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#105005, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 9

>I hate the cheap 3000gt BOV
>I hate the cheap down pipe
>I hate the cheap cartech FPR
>I hate the cheap fuel cut voltage clamp
>I hate the cheap oil return line
>I hate the cheap manifold bolts
>I hate the cheap 3rd DP bolt
>I hate the cheap DP paper gasket

I would agree w/ all that.

BOV works but isn't all that great. It will hold stage 1-2 boost fine. It doesn't sound all that great though.

Downpipe just sucks! Again it works for stage 1-2 boost. The third bolt (lower one) is a pain in the ass to get off. Kon (fly1) has a good fix for it on his site. i am going to do it next time I have it off. The size needs to be bigger if you go up in boost, which you will.

The FPR is trash. Dont even put it on just throw it away or something. Go w/ something like the Vortech s-fmu.

Volt clamp or FCD works for some and others have had problems. replace w/ missing link for ~55.00

Oil return line is ok but can be better. I went w/ steel line

Manifold bolts are a pain in the ass to get on and off as well.

jsupetranOct-14-02 02:52 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#105006, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 11

>>I hate the cheap 3000gt BOV
>>I hate the cheap down pipe
>>I hate the cheap cartech FPR
>>I hate the cheap fuel cut voltage clamp
>>I hate the cheap oil return line
>>I hate the cheap manifold bolts
>>I hate the cheap 3rd DP bolt
>>I hate the cheap DP paper gasket
>
>I would agree w/ all that.
>
>BOV works but isn't all that great. It will hold stage 1-2
>boost fine. It doesn't sound all that great though.
>
>Downpipe just sucks! Again it works for stage 1-2 boost.
>The third bolt (lower one) is a pain in the ass to get off.
>Kon (fly1) has a good fix for it on his site. i am going to
>do it next time I have it off. The size needs to be bigger
>if you go up in boost, which you will.
>
>The FPR is trash. Dont even put it on just throw it away or
>something. Go w/ something like the Vortech s-fmu.
>
>Volt clamp or FCD works for some and others have had
>problems. replace w/ missing link for ~55.00
>
>Oil return line is ok but can be better. I went w/ steel
>line
>
>Manifold bolts are a pain in the ass to get on and off as
>well.

is it possible to ask hahn to take out things like the cartech fpr or the bov.
also, how much for the steel oil return line?

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

JustOneOct-15-02 06:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#105007, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 12

I am pretty sure you can have items taken out of the kit. Just tell them you don’t need them because you already bought different parts. I didn't think to do it at the time but the only thing that I wasn't going to use out of the kit was the black face AutoMeter boost gauge. No one had discussed the fcd or the fpr on this board yet so I had no clue they were bad or prone to fail. I did definitely find out about it though and have tried to worn others of possible problems.

I think the oil line is like 35.00. I had to order a new one after I jacked up the threads on one of the ends.

Brian

JSMOTHRSOct-15-02 11:22 AM
Member since Aug 23rd 2002
217 posts,
#105008, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 13

About the Hahn DP, Can you put on say the apexi gt downpipe would it fit for the 420a's?

99 GS OZ EDITION
MODS- Apexi N1 Catback
Progress Sport Springs
Audio- JVC CD/TAPE/MP3 Player
Pioneer XM Radio
2 Alpine type R 12s
MTX-775 Watt Amp

Future Mods-
Hahns Stage 2 Turbo Kit
17in Rims
JSP Carbon Fiber Blade or Arospeed Carbon Fiber ST wing
Carbon Fiber Vented Hood
Sparco Racing Seats
AEM Big Brake Kit
Final Drive Mod
Tansco Shift Kit
Bottom End Kit
More to come......

99 GS OZ EDITION
MODS-
Hahns Stage 2 Turbo Kit
Apexi N1 Catback
Testpipe
Progress Sport Springs
Audio- Sony LCD entertainment stereo
Pioneer XM Radio
2 Alpine type R 12s
MTX-775 Watt Amp

Future Mods-
17in Rims
JSP Carbon Fiber Blade or Arospeed Carbo

JustOneOct-15-02 01:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#105009, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 14

Very doubtful...

HadesOmegaOct-15-02 03:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#105010, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 15

hmm star kit:

I hate those damn manifold bolts, they keep popping out, when I do the rebuild I'm studding that thing!
Downpipe flange- it's sooo hard to align that sucka
Ex manifold- that thing a bitch to put on, especially that stupid bolt under the turbo flange. How am I suppose torque that?
FMU- Rich RIch dangit, I'dd like a SFMU better But FMU will do I guess
Exhast manifold gasket- shoulda came with a new one
Stage 1 piping w/ BOV- I don't konw how they plan to stick that pipe in there with the BOV sticking straight into the battery.
Heatshields- I want heatshields!
Dump Pipe- I kinda miss the thing open haha but it stinks
Downpipe- can I get a downpipe that doesn't touch my oil pan? Can I get a flex section also, might make it easier to install downpipe.
Cheesy airfilter- Can I get an airfilter where the top stays on the filter? Haha I quickly replaced that thing with my HKS filter.
catch can or breather tube- Where is it? What happens when I get blowby?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

phrenzyOct-15-02 03:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#105011, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 9

How many miles did you have when you bosted it? 31,000

How much Boost have you run? about 3.5 to 5 psi depending on humidity/weather

Do you run it hard a lot? not really, I pretty much baby it around town. Change the oil every 3000, keep an eye on the bolts, etc.

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

thedawgOct-17-02 06:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#105012, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 17

I totally agree with kaiser Here's replacement parts/fixes for the HRC kit. Do all these, and it's a perfect kit.

3kGT BOV -----> Replace or deal with 6-8psi limit
Downpipe -----> New 2.5" DP kit is almost available
FPR ----------> Immediately replace with Vortech SFMU
FCD ----------> Immediately replace with Missing Link (or VCD2)
Oil Feed Line-> Wait till it blows?, then replace with steel line
Mani Bolts ---> Replace with GS-T studs/nuts (available from RRE)
DP Bolt ------> See 2.5" DP kit above
DP Paper Gaskt> ??? Hopefully the 2.5" kit has better ones?
Injectors ----> Immediately upgrade to at least 30lb Ford injectors
Fuel Pump ----> Add a Walbro 255lph in addition to inline.
Boost Guage --> Upgrade with Greddy or VDO
Exhaust ------> Anything but stock
Boost Control-> Optional, but with the above fixes, you can run more boost.

Then sell all the HRC parts on ebay.

eclipsekaiserOct-17-02 06:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#105013, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 19

glad people see the same picture as I do. I think someone should take this up with Hahn and see what he says or will do about it.

Speakign of injectors, i shoudl put my 30# in there real soon. For now at 5psi the 235cc will do.

-K-

HadesOmegaOct-17-02 07:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#105014, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 20

hmm GST studs and nuts eh, do they fit ours? How much are those and what do I ask for when I order them? These damn bolts are really starting to piss me off.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

pn0ymahalOct-17-02 02:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#105015, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 21

dame kaiser, crack up the boost... 5psi is 'slow'.. atleast 7psi dude gosh... 9psi is nice on my car i always try and go back to 6psi but dame i feel like a turtle compared to 9psi...hehe
Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins anyone got a 420a block thats not spun/head for sale?

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

spicyMitsuOct-17-02 03:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
573 posts,
#105016, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 22

is there really a big difference from 2 psi (from 5 to 7psi)? i know going from stage 1 to stage 2 using an intercooler will bring colder, more dense air, but is it really that noticeable?

-Joe

pn0ymahalOct-17-02 04:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#105017, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 23

example
6psi at first... ...
after 7months= ... :'( ....
9psi for the last 3months about=.. ...
try to go back to 6psi for one day=.. ...
its a difference if you run your car pretty hard, if you drive it like a little girl 'all' the time you wont tell...

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins anyone got a 420a block thats not spun/head for sale?

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

eclipsekaiserOct-17-02 08:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#105018, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 24

I guess I'm guilty for beign a little girl..

I'm afraid my 235cc and 3.62" disk will not handle more that 5psi. Datalogger shows I'm already near borderline of being lean (0.88-0.92).

Beside, we do not have that big ass FMIC to help chill the air.

anyways, i really need to get those 315cc in there. can't let Karl beat me. What set up is he running? how many psi?

-K-

spike14485Oct-17-02 11:47 PM
Member since Jul 08th 2002
214 posts,
#105019, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 25

Fuel Pump ----> Add a Walbro 255lph in addition to inline.
????
I thought the kit came with a walbro 244lph

thedawgOct-18-02 06:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#105020, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 26

No, the HRC kit comes with an Accell Inline pump that works in conjunction with the stock pump. It gives better pressure at the expense of less flow than a walbro. Combine both the Accell and a Walbro and you've got the best of both.

The Star kit comes with a Walbro 255 which is a drop-in replacement to your stock fuel pump.

esseclipseOct-18-02 10:07 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2002
682 posts,
#105021, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 27

About this 2.5" Downpipe. Who is making it? Anymore info on this 2.5" dp

DVSJAYOct-18-02 02:05 PM
Member since May 28th 2002
270 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#105022, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 28

I'm having my manifold made at this shop that sponcers our team. I'm having one made like the ner mani. Hades I'm tring to find another way to bolt the mani on. broke one off last month lucky my dad got it out i was pissed. so i just took all off for now. I'm stock now
it sucks

Jay

--- Profile ---
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5614

--- Pics ---
http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5614&thumb=1

--- Pics ---
https://420a.shutterfly.com/

KarlOct-18-02 02:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
#105023, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 25

HAHA, that's funny Kaiser. I am still testing the car and do not have a boost controller yet. I am only running 5psi, but I will turn it up after the observation period is over.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

BiatchApr-12-04 08:34 AM
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
42 posts,
#105024, "RE: Attn: Phrenzy"
In response to Reply # 30

I have the STAR kit. Here are my only complaints.

CONS
1. Low power in the low RPM range (can be fixed with rebuild and turbo cams)
2. FCD in the kit is POS. I replaced it with the Missing Link (best thing you can do)
3. I didn't have the Downpipe fitmemnt problems, but would recommend getting it coated if you go with the STAR kit, or getting the 3" downpipe by ADFX Racing.
4. STAGE 1 piping is restricted because of the intake piping design and size.

PROS
1. Great turbo, you'll never run out of room for power, I got the T3/T04E-trim Ball Bearing turbo.
2. I also upgraded to the TIAL external 38/40 wastegate (great investment)
3. I didn't have any fitment issues at all with my kit, and I've also never had a problem of getting a hold of Myatt Leras.

ASOG BoOsT jUnKiE CREW

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #104993 Previous topic | Next topic