Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #86900
View in linear mode

Subject: "Questions about the 1G BOV for my 4G63 swap..." Previous topic | Next topic
BRU_ceJun-14-05 11:02 AM
Member since Aug 25th 2003
1457 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86900, "Questions about the 1G BOV for my 4G63 swap..."
Jun-14-05 11:06 AM by BRU_ce

Relax, I'm joking. And to think that as you clicked on the thread you were preparing to do some flaming

I was quite confused as to where to post this, and I decided that since I need technical info on a turbo component this would probably be the best place... this is a question that I've never seen addressed before (and believe it or not I did search!)

I'm about 2 hours away from winning a crushed 1G BOV on eGay that I will be using for my custom 14b setup. Can someone please measure the diameter of the BOV vent for me?

My idea is to polish the body of the BOV with a dremel to get a nice bright aftermarket chrome-like shine, then polish the greenish/brownish cap. The body would remain polished, while the cap would get a coat or two of that anodized blue paint you can find at auto parts stores.

Finally, and the reason why I needed the diameter of the vent, I want to buy an adaptor that would attach to the vent itself. This would give the 1G BOV that final aftermarket finishing touch and would look great in my engine bay... this is the adapter I'm talking about:

It is actually designed to go on top of scooter carburetors, and any of you that read my scooter megasquirt thread in Advanced Tuning knows where this idea probably came from I was just browsing scooter parts when I saw this carb adapter and figured it would be beautiful on a BOV. Oh, by the way these are the carbs it is designed to be installed on:

There are different diameters available which is why I need the exact measurement from the BOV vent before I go ahead and order one.

edit: btw, I need the outside diameter, not inside diameter, of the vent.

Oh, and anybody got any ideas about ways to keep the polished body from rusting? Should I just clear-coat it?

Oh no! My sig died! I'll get another one.
Member and Co-Founder of FLDSM

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

97eclipse97Jun-14-05 05:53 PM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86912, "RE: Questions about the 1G BOV for my 4G63 swap..."
In response to Reply # 0

You might of already bought it, but I personally wouldnt buy a crushed bov, unless I knew the person who did it, and knew that they did it correctly. You can crush it too much, and very easily damage it. Here is a better way to modify a 1g bov to hold boost, although it does require more work:
http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_bov_mod.html

I'd go out and measure mine, but my car is in another state right now. Im guessing 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inches. I think its like 1/4 inch smaller than the stock 2g, but I could be wrong.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BRU_ceJun-15-05 05:48 AM
Member since Aug 25th 2003
1457 posts,
#86929, "RE: Questions about the 1G BOV for my 4G63 swap..."
In response to Reply # 1

He may very well have been lying, but his auction said it was crushed by a shop. If it doesn't work for me, oh well not like I spent $200.

Oh no! My sig died! I'll get another one.
Member and Co-Founder of FLDSM

97eclipse97Jun-15-05 06:42 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#86936, "RE: Questions about the 1G BOV for my 4G63 swap..."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by BRU_ce
He may very well have been lying, but his auction said it was crushed by a shop. If it doesn't work for me, oh well not like I spent $200.

Good point, and you could always just get another one...

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #86900 Previous topic | Next topic