Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #99263
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
505racerJun-27-07 08:11 PM
Member since Jun 10th 2007
62 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99263, "Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?"

i want to dye them all from the ugly gray color to a nice black... do i have to take them off to do it right..
whats the best way to accomplish this?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
505racerJul-05-07 08:12 PM
62 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99330, "RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?"
In response to Reply # 20

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO

died my panels today balck using the duplicolor vinyl and fabric...

came out good... very impressed for what it is...

will post pics soon

Cruz

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipsegs96Jul-07-07 05:01 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2007
69 posts,
#99337, "RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?"
In response to Reply # 21

I will be taking a ride to my local DSM grave yard this coming weekend. if you guys are looking for anything i can check for you. They always have at least 5 2g's there

The issue is always shipping. The interior parts are larger, and ups wants alot to ship, but the other alternative is greyhound

________________________________________________________________________________
2002 Audi A4 Quattro (thats my daily)

2003 Honda Element (thats the wifes)

1996 Eclipse GS - AEM Cam Gears, Crane Cams #10,Ported & Polished Head bore .20, Greddy Header 4-1, HKS Exhaust 2.5,Random free flow cat,
B&M Short Shifter, AEM CAI, Bored TB .55 Mil, MSD coil pack, compression on new motor Cyl#1=215,Cyl#2=210,Cyl#3=210,Cyl#4=215

505racerJul-07-07 10:20 PM
62 posts,
#99338, "RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by eclipsegs96
I will be taking a ride to my local DSM grave yard this coming weekend. if you guys are looking for anything i can check for you. They always have at least 5 2g's there The issue is always shipping. The interior parts are larger, and ups wants alot to ship, but the other alternative is greyhound

when i took off the center console i noticed somone welded the shiter to the bracket it attaches too.. would you please be able to see about that please

Cruz

scorpo86Jun-06-11 10:16 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2006
282 posts,
#105299, "RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?"
In response to Reply # 23

I just painted my dash and I think that the duplicolor vinyl paint worked great. I just hope it last long. by the way, how does the red look with the black?

Sorry for the big pictures

Attachment #1, (29 file)

xxsoccerguy55xxJul-26-11 06:46 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2011
68 posts,
#105360, "RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?"
In response to Reply # 0

I would deffinetly get a couple cans of krylon fusion (black). The gloss is a little shiney. The non gloss one matches perfect with original eclipse black.

Broke4goingNov-29-11 03:52 PM
Member since Nov 22nd 2009
50 posts,
#105543, "RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?"
In response to Reply # 25

For anyone past or present who was watching this thread, since 07, my painted panels have help up on the upper door panels and the dash, also the center console.

Kick panels, lower door panel, door sills or any other frequent contact points looked terrible. I recommend for new comers to opt for a two tone design leaving the bottoms gray, else buy oem black, or carbon fiber replacments, which you can literally get EVERY panel made in...sick.

The screen name says it all

predsfan029Jun-03-12 12:41 PM
Member since Feb 19th 2011
29 posts,
#105714, "RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-03-12 12:42 PM by predsfan029

from my personal experience doing custom car audio installation for 14 years, the only thing i would use is SEM products. i would use the SEM soap to clean the sufaces then depending on what type of material you working with, i would use one of thier vinyl or plastic preps. once youve done that, your ready to use one of thier color coats. dont rush it and do several lite coats for the best results. just know that over time you will probably have to fix areas that get scratched or worn through but that is to be expected when you dye and panel in a car.

here is the link to the SEM website http://semproducts.com/

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #99263 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic