Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #886
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sidemarker Install Question" Previous topic | Next topic
cyanJan-21-01 12:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#886, "Sidemarker Install Question"

ha sanyone here installed sidemarkers? i bought some but i am curious as to how you get to the wiring once you drill the holes in the fender. i mean, youll have the wires inside the fenders but how do you get them into the interior cabin to wire them?
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Sidemarker Install Question, cyan, Jan-23-01 05:10 AM, #1
RE: Sidemarker Install Question, js99rs, Jan-23-01 05:20 AM, #2
      RE: Sidemarker Install Question, Teamicjeclipse, Jan-23-01 10:15 AM, #4
           RE: Sidemarker Install Question, cyan, Jan-23-01 12:29 PM, #5
RE: Sidemarker Install Question, Lee, Jan-23-01 06:43 AM, #3
RE: Sidemarker Install Question, cyan, Jan-23-01 04:13 PM, #6
RE: Sidemarker Install Question, oRACLe063, Jan-24-01 01:27 AM, #7
RE: Sidemarker Install Question, oRACLe063, Jan-24-01 01:29 AM, #8
      RE: Sidemarker Install Question, cyan, Jan-24-01 09:57 AM, #9
           RE: Sidemarker Install Question, Lee, Jan-25-01 01:15 AM, #10
                RE: Sidemarker Install Question, oRACLe063, Jan-25-01 01:32 AM, #11
                     RE: Sidemarker Install Question, cyan, Jan-25-01 05:33 AM, #12
                          RE: Sidemarker Install Question, Lee, Jan-25-01 07:20 AM, #13
                               RE: Sidemarker Install Question, cyan, Jan-25-01 09:15 AM, #14
                                    RE: Sidemarker Install Question, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-25-01 04:42 PM, #15
                                         RE: Sidemarker Install Question, oRACLe063, Jan-26-01 01:43 AM, #16
                                              RE: Sidemarker Install Question, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-26-01 04:47 PM, #17
RE: Sidemarker Install Question, EclipseTical, Feb-20-01 04:59 PM, #18
RE: Sidemarker Install Question, oRACLe063, Feb-21-01 02:23 AM, #19
RE: Sidemarker Install Question, oRACLe063, Feb-21-01 02:24 AM, #20

cyanJan-23-01 05:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#887, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 0

there are no replies to this post yet but it has a rating of 4.0 what does that mean, where do the ratings come from? any help hea'?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

js99rsJan-23-01 05:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#888, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 1

0k this is just a guess but i dont think you will have to run the wire to the inside. just use the wires that were there from your bumper lights(since your body kit doesnt have them). you may have to drill a small hole in the inner fender and extend the wires but i think thats alot easier than going through the firewall and finding the right wire in the interior. hope that helped

-jason

TeamicjeclipseJan-23-01 10:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#889, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 2

Yea just connect them to your sidemarker wires, that way they will go on with the headlights. They will also be blinkers.

Get strobes in your headlights, sidemarkers, and tailights. That would look awesome at shows and for cruising.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

cyanJan-23-01 12:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#890, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 4

hooking them to the factory bumper lights will not make them blink because the factory sidemarkers do not blink. i already have taillights

LeeJan-23-01 06:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#891, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 0

I was thinking about buying some, what kind did you get and from where? I think I want them to alternate with the turn signal. Any idea how to make it happen?

Lee

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

cyanJan-23-01 04:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#892, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 3

i got the clear dome style off ebay. you can hook them up through the front turn signals. i rewired my reverse lights and made them turn signals/brake lights so they would light with the brakes and blink if the blibker was on also, but i spliced them in to the front turn signals so decreasing the ohm load in the circuit and causing all the blinkers to flash half as often. (about once per second rather than twice) i dont know how to do it other tan this, so im gonna just wire them to the bumper lights. plus if you want them to blink you have to buy a dual filament bulb. i bought superwhite wedges to go in mine ($9) but the turn signal 2-filament superwhites were $17, so youll pay more for the bulbs too

oRACLe063Jan-24-01 01:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#893, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 6

cyan its a bitch job ..you have to run the wires around the the wheel well ......simply unattach the wheel well cover and run it under there ...thats how mine went in ....which did u get?
these are mine

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

oRACLe063Jan-24-01 01:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#894, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 3

lee when u hook them up the already alternate ...at least when your lights are on at night ...these are the ones i got

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

cyanJan-24-01 09:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#895, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 8

heres the ones i got

LeeJan-25-01 01:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#896, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 9

About how much do they go for?

Lee

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

oRACLe063Jan-25-01 01:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#897, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 10

those are very nice . are they cuzo ? who makes them ?

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

cyanJan-25-01 05:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#898, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 11

if youre asking abou tmine i dont know who makes them, i really dont care, they are pretty much generic. i got them for $20 on ebay.

LeeJan-25-01 07:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#899, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 12

Do you have the e-mail address of the guy you bought them from? Maybe I can drop him a line and see if he's got anymore.

Lee

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

cyanJan-25-01 09:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#900, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 13

he sells them regularly so just enter a search on ebay for them cause i dont have his email

TeamStan2gntJan-25-01 04:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#901, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 14

I dont know how the hell mine are wired (I just paid the bastard $40 to install them and another $12 for hyper white wedges). Mine are run into the interior (you can see the wiring with the door open through the fender). All I know is he wired it the way I like it, The come on with the parking lights/headlights and blink alternately with the turn signal.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

oRACLe063Jan-26-01 01:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#902, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 15

one thing is for sure ... taking off the wheel well cover is a bitch. we hooked up my freinds accord's side markers that was easy because the engine bay is very open we just wired it from the end of his quater panel to the headlight blinkers ..ours is sealed off at almost all points ...thats why i had to go through the well ...dirty ass job

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

TeamStan2gntJan-26-01 04:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#903, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 16

I watched the guy install mine and he most definately DID NOT remove the inner fender well or even bother with that area.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

EclipseTicalFeb-20-01 04:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#904, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 0

i had my local guy do it and he had me help. We wired them to the turn signals so that the sidemarker would flash. Our turn signal leads are very short so it is kind of tight workspace. the end result is worth it.
97rs

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

oRACLe063Feb-21-01 02:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#905, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 18

well thats the way we went ..safe and secure under the sheild ..

..nGk pLUGs..
..sHORt rAm..
..uNORTh Pulley..
..mODIFIEd eURo tAILs..
..cUZo sIDe mARKERs..
oRACLe
oRACLe063@hotmail.com
http://97rseclipse.homestead.com/lucy.html
"speed only gets you so far"

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

oRACLe063Feb-21-01 02:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2663 posts,
#906, "RE: Sidemarker Install Question"
In response to Reply # 18

well thats the way we went ..safe and secure under the sheild all the way up to the front end..

..nGk pLUGs..
..sHORt rAm..
..uNORTh Pulley..
..mODIFIEd eURo tAILs..
..cUZo sIDe mARKERs..
oRACLe
oRACLe063@hotmail.com
http://97rseclipse.homestead.com/lucy.html
"speed only gets you so far"

1997 RS AUTO

ORACLE063
1/4 - 17.021
60' - 2.510
Weight 2730

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #886 Previous topic | Next topic