Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #86859
View in linear mode

Subject: "where to get weather stripping above our windows?" Previous topic | Next topic
.bs0dJul-02-05 01:14 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86859, "where to get weather stripping above our windows?"

I read a few threads and someone said machv sold them for $90 and someone else said they could get them from the dealer for $25 /ea. Anyone know where I can get them? They shouldnt cost that much you wouldnt think. Mine have like dry-rot and flaking off. So for now I just got a razor blade and took it down to the metal and got this black trip tape and went over it. Looks fine but i'd like to get a new pair. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SpreadEagleJul-02-05 05:36 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
459 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#86860, "RE: where to get weather stripping above our windows?"
In response to Reply # 0

The price isn't great but here's one link to check
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=213934&chapter=ARP6226&appSectionid=3263&groupid=51892&subgroupid=2390&componentid=8854&make=24&model=Eclipse&year=1997&graphicID=6226470&callout=5&catalogid=2

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse_gs_1512Jul-04-05 07:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#86874, "RE: where to get weather stripping above our windows?"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-04-05 07:29 AM by eclipse_gs_1512

machv has the upper trim for 64 and the lower trim for 109. i personally think it's a bit of a rip off charging that much

http://www.machv.com/19updoortrim.html

2007 wrx

95greenhrcgsJul-05-05 05:47 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
#86897, "RE: where to get weather stripping above our windows?"
In response to Reply # 2

I bought mine from the dealer. They cost me $25 each for the uppers and $45 each for the lowers.

I dont think $25 for the uppers is all that bad a price, and when you put them on, you will think so also IMO. One of the best things that I have done to my car.

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyEclipseJul-07-05 02:20 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#86930, "RE: where to get weather stripping above our windows?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by 95greenhrcgs
I bought mine from the dealer. They cost me $25 each for the uppers and $45 each for the lowers.

same here. Dealership would be your best bet imo

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

injendsmJul-07-05 03:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#86934, "RE: where to get weather stripping above our windows?"
In response to Reply # 4

only place i know of that you can get them, aside from your local satan, would be machv.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #86859 Previous topic | Next topic