Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #80537
View in linear mode

Subject: "House of Kolor" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse982nrRSTJan-18-05 03:01 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80537, "House of Kolor"

does anyone have their car painted with House of kolor paint? or if you have any cool colored bright looking cars, please post them for me. i am looking for some bright ass colors and have a few in mind, but cant find the name of them on the internet and the paint shops by me dont carry HOK, so i need a name or pic to show them to help get it. any bright colors welcome, your car, firends car, moms car, doesnt matter, just start posting some pics you have saved of brite colored cars!

thanks 2gnt'ers!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: House of Kolor, DarkTalon, Jan-18-05 04:21 PM, #1
RE: House of Kolor, optikal, Jan-18-05 05:13 PM, #2
      RE: House of Kolor, superelite68, Jan-18-05 06:02 PM, #3
           RE: House of Kolor, optimuspeterson, Jan-18-05 06:16 PM, #4
                RE: House of Kolor, Ark, Jan-18-05 06:22 PM, #5
                     RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-19-05 02:46 AM, #6
                          RE: House of Kolor, widebodyeclipse, Jan-19-05 04:22 AM, #7
                          RE: House of Kolor, eclipse_99rs, Jan-19-05 05:25 AM, #8
                          RE: House of Kolor, optimuspeterson, Jan-19-05 09:29 AM, #9
                               RE: House of Kolor, widebodyeclipse, Jan-19-05 10:13 AM, #10
                                    RE: House of Kolor, CrazyEclipse, Jan-19-05 11:31 AM, #11
                                    RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-19-05 01:37 PM, #12
                                         RE: House of Kolor, madhatter210, Jan-19-05 01:48 PM, #13
                                              RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-19-05 02:05 PM, #14
                                                   RE: House of Kolor, Ark, Jan-19-05 02:40 PM, #15
                                                        RE: House of Kolor, widebodyeclipse, Jan-19-05 02:48 PM, #16
                                                             RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-19-05 02:55 PM, #17
                                                                  RE: House of Kolor, BumpinTalon, Jan-19-05 03:23 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-19-05 03:26 PM, #19
                                                                            RE: House of Kolor, optikal, Jan-19-05 03:34 PM, #20
                                                                                 RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-19-05 03:58 PM, #21
                                                                                      RE: House of Kolor, optikal, Jan-19-05 04:56 PM, #22
                                                                                           RE: House of Kolor, DarkTalon, Jan-19-05 05:35 PM, #23
                                                                                                RE: House of Kolor, CrazyEclipse, Jan-20-05 03:42 AM, #24
                                                                                                     RE: House of Kolor, DarkTalon, Jan-20-05 07:07 AM, #25
                                                                                                          RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-20-05 01:46 PM, #26
                                                                                                               RE: House of Kolor, madhatter210, Jan-20-05 02:52 PM, #27
                                                                                                                    RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-20-05 03:30 PM, #28
                                                                                                                         RE: House of Kolor, widebodyeclipse, Jan-21-05 05:40 AM, #29
                                                                                                                              RE: House of Kolor, CrazyEclipse, Jan-21-05 06:44 AM, #30
                                                                                                                                   RE: House of Kolor, widebodyeclipse, Jan-21-05 07:05 AM, #31
                                                                                                                                        RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-21-05 09:07 AM, #32
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, widebodyeclipse, Jan-21-05 09:23 AM, #33
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-21-05 09:44 AM, #34
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, widebodyeclipse, Jan-21-05 10:20 AM, #35
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-21-05 03:17 PM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-22-05 06:39 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, DarkTalon, Jan-22-05 07:15 AM, #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-22-05 07:18 AM, #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, Extreme Eclipse, Jan-22-05 10:07 PM, #40
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-23-05 01:56 AM, #41
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-23-05 02:16 AM, #42
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, DarkTalon, Jan-23-05 06:38 AM, #43
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-23-05 07:19 AM, #44
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, widebodyeclipse, Jan-24-05 05:40 AM, #45
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, eclipse_99rs, Jan-24-05 12:03 PM, #46
                                                                                                                                             RE: House of Kolor, DarkTalon, Jan-24-05 06:34 PM, #47
RE: House of Kolor, got_NX, Jan-25-05 02:34 AM, #48
RE: House of Kolor, Extreme Eclipse, Jan-25-05 05:43 PM, #49
      RE: House of Kolor, DarkTalon, Jan-26-05 06:32 AM, #50
           RE: House of Kolor, widebodyeclipse, Jan-26-05 08:20 AM, #51
                RE: House of Kolor, Extreme Eclipse, Jan-26-05 10:13 AM, #52
                     RE: House of Kolor, widebodyeclipse, Jan-26-05 10:54 AM, #53
                          RE: House of Kolor, optimuspeterson, Jan-26-05 11:30 AM, #54
                               RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-26-05 12:52 PM, #55
                                    RE: House of Kolor, widebodyeclipse, Jan-26-05 02:07 PM, #56
                                         RE: House of Kolor, optimuspeterson, Jan-26-05 02:20 PM, #57
                                              RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-26-05 03:29 PM, #58
                                              RE: House of Kolor, Extreme Eclipse, Jan-26-05 04:21 PM, #59
                                                   RE: House of Kolor, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-27-05 01:25 AM, #60
                                              RE: House of Kolor, destruckeclipse, Mar-18-05 02:47 PM, #61
                                                   RE: House of Kolor, Blizare, Mar-18-05 03:14 PM, #62
                                                        RE: House of Kolor, baxsom, Mar-18-05 03:19 PM, #63

DarkTalonJan-18-05 04:21 PM
Member since Jul 24th 2003
1142 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80542, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 0

See if any of the paint shops carry Dupont Hot Hues, it's Duponts newest line they came out with to compete with people like HOK.

R.I.P. 1997-2006 thanks to a Honda in the wrong lane.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

optikalJan-18-05 05:13 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
1062 posts,
#80546, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 1

http://www.hokpaint.com

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007
http://www.kustomautokoatings.com

superelite68Jan-18-05 06:02 PM
Member since Jun 17th 2003
117 posts,
#80549, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 2

im going to be painting my car house of kolors candy green. well i got it narrowed down to that and black with either a red type pearl or a gold pearl.

woman are like toilets -- either they're taken, or full of shit!

optimuspetersonJan-18-05 06:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#80550, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by superelite68
im going to be painting my car house of kolors candy green. well i got it narrowed down to that and black with either a red type pearl or a gold pearl.

here is my old GS. Black with red pearl.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

ArkJan-18-05 06:22 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#80551, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 4

PM CrazyEclipse

eclipse982nrRSTJan-19-05 02:46 AM
6314 posts,
#80552, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 5

i like that black with red pearl but i need somethibg brighter.
that kandy green should look cool, i was thinking someting like that too, not fast and furious lime green, kandy green.
hmmm

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseJan-19-05 04:22 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
535 posts,
#80556, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 6

hok is the shit boys. mike what color u lookin for? i hae the hok chip book at home. if u are looking for a tight ass bright color they make a lime time green looks killer. with the green that u are wanting to paint with hok choose a light base so the green shows, my boy chose a purple and the car looks black except when the light hits it just right. he was alittle disappointed. but hok has a good name and has been around awhile. mike i told u to look at the hot hues by dupont they will be what u are lookin for. quite smokin that stuff, your short term memory is fadin what was i sayin hows the kit comin along?

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2134181717&mode=slideshow
t3/t4 setup, je pistone, eagle rods,aem cam gears, crane cams, port and polished head w swirl polished valves, avcr, autometer gauges to be installed, kaminari widebody kit shaved rain seals, door handles, tail lights, relocated gas cap, double humped hood, house of kolors candybrandywine 20in weld evo wheels, air ride, custom fiberglass work (dash interior) more to come just not enough time

eclipse_99rsJan-19-05 05:25 AM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#80557, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 7
Jan-19-05 05:26 AM by eclipse_99rs

I painted my old car mustang green.
But it was my first attempt at painting a car. The pic doesnt do it any justice.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

optimuspetersonJan-19-05 09:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#80568, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
i like that black with red pearl but i need somethibg brighter. that kandy green should look cool, i was thinking someting like that too, not fast and furious lime green, kandy green. hmmm

I agree the black with red pearl isn't too flashy and with a car like yours I would go with a much brighter color in order not to hide your body work.

I went with that color because it was black stock so I didn't want to do a complete color change.

2006 Scion tC

widebodyeclipseJan-19-05 10:13 AM
535 posts,
#80569, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 9

look into the hot hues, wont break the bank like the hok. personally i am feelin the chrome paint, id like to paint some stuff on my car that, not the whole thing but some....

t3/t4 setup, je pistone, eagle rods,aem cam gears, crane cams, port and polished head w swirl polished valves, avcr, autometer gauges to be installed, kaminari widebody kit shaved rain seals, door handles, tail lights, relocated gas cap, double humped hood, house of kolors candybrandywine 20in weld evo wheels, air ride, custom fiberglass work (dash interior) more to come just not enough time

CrazyEclipseJan-19-05 11:31 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#80570, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 10

See sig for flopping HOK kandy paint color.

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

eclipse982nrRSTJan-19-05 01:37 PM
6314 posts,
#80575, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 10

i cant find any samples or pics of the hot hues paints, i only seen one pic of the lemon drop ona 57 chevy and didnt like it, not bright enough. you know a site i could find samples at of the paints?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

madhatter210Jan-19-05 01:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#80576, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 12

i cant find any samples or pics of the hot hues paints, i only seen one pic of the lemon drop ona 57 chevy and didnt like it, not bright enough. you know a site i could find samples at of the paints?

http://pc.dupont.com/HotHues/webengine/hothues/Controller/Action!_gen_call_7_swapModule?ControllerUtility.swapModule_Arg1=Color
there also adding the paint shop to the site so you can paint your car with the hot hue of your choice

http://pc.dupont.com/HotHues/template/en/us/html/paintShopComingSoon.html

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

eclipse982nrRSTJan-19-05 02:05 PM
6314 posts,
#80578, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by madhatter210
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST i cant find any samples or pics of the hot hues paints, i only seen one pic of the lemon drop ona 57 chevy and didnt like it, not bright enough. you know a site i could find samples at of the paints?
http://pc.dupont.com/HotHues/webengine/hothues/Controller/Action!_gen_call_7_swapModule?ControllerUtility.swapModule_Arg1=Color there also adding the paint shop to the site so you can paint your car with the hot hue of your choice http://pc.dupont.com/HotHues/template/en/us/html/paintShopComingSoon.html

ya i seen that...
thats the only hot hues colors? i dont like any of those, not bright enough. im thinking of like a kandy green or teal maybe.
i like thess colors....

AND THIS IS A LOCAL CLUB...
I LIKE THE BABY BLUE COLOR

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

ArkJan-19-05 02:40 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#80580, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 14

widebodyeclipseJan-19-05 02:48 PM
535 posts,
#80581, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 15

yeah brotha i would think again about the crayola pastels. in my opinion even with all the body work that u are doin, a color can make or break it. i think u should do the sunburst yellow form hok. keep in mind that the colors u see on the net wont do the color any justification. in person is the only way. call in the yellow pages around you for paint dist. they will have paint chip books.
holla at ya boy

eclipse982nrRSTJan-19-05 02:55 PM
6314 posts,
#80582, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by widebodyeclipse
yeah brotha i would think again about the crayola pastels. in my opinion even with all the body work that u are doin, a color can make or break it. i think u should do the sunburst yellow form hok. keep in mind that the colors u see on the net wont do the color any justification. in person is the only way. call in the yellow pages around you for paint dist. they will have paint chip books. holla at ya boy

BEN, ANSWER MY FREAKING EMAILS PUNK!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

BumpinTalonJan-19-05 03:23 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#80585, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 17

that baby blue is disgusting. I'd say run with the green..

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

eclipse982nrRSTJan-19-05 03:26 PM
6314 posts,
#80586, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 18

THE KANDY GREEN LIKE THE BMW?
I LOVE THAT COLOR. ITS NOT TOO DRASTIC LIKE THE YELLOW I WANTED TO DO, BUT ITS BRIGHT AND A NICE KOLOR!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

optikalJan-19-05 03:34 PM
1062 posts,
#80587, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 19

House of Kolor Lime Gold Kandy over a Orion Silver Basecoat, BC-02. If that isn't bright enough for you, nothing will be.

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007

eclipse982nrRSTJan-19-05 03:58 PM
6314 posts,
#80588, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 20

Eric, any sample pics anywhere on the net or anything?
I am liking the sounds of this color....

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

optikalJan-19-05 04:56 PM
1062 posts,
#80591, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 21

It's hard to get an idea of the color in pics, it really pops in person in the sun. I don't have any pics of it at the house, but i'll look for some on my computer at the shop and i'll try and get the one's of this miata we did, black with kandy lime gold flames

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007

DarkTalonJan-19-05 05:35 PM
1142 posts,
#80592, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 22

I was gonna use a color like optical is describing..I got mine from a hotwheels car...it's hard to see in this pic..but it's a nice bright metallic green...if you wanna try to find this car in person, it's the MS-T Suzuka, it comes in this...and a red and yellow, the green is what you'd want though

CrazyEclipseJan-20-05 03:42 AM
2503 posts,
#80600, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 23

Dont base your decision on color chips over the internet. The resolution among everyone monitors are different. You will need to go to a paint supply store the has HOK paint, and ask to view their HOK paint chips in person to get the idea of how they look. They should allow you to take the book outside so you can get a better idea of how the colors flip flop, but make sure you go on a sunny day.

When I was looking into HOK, I looked on the intertet first, which I learned was my first mistake. Go to a distribuer and see the chips IN PERSON.

DarkTalonJan-20-05 07:07 AM
1142 posts,
#80604, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by CrazyEclipse
Dont base your decision on color chips over the internet. The resolution among everyone monitors are different. You will need to go to a paint supply store the has HOK paint, and ask to view their HOK paint chips in person to get the idea of how they look. They should allow you to take the book outside so you can get a better idea of how the colors flip flop, but make sure you go on a sunny day. When I was looking into HOK, I looked on the intertet first, which I learned was my first mistake. Go to a distribuer and see the chips IN PERSON.

Yup, this I'll agree with.... If you want some HotHues chips, I can send you some, but I'd have to charge $0.50 a piece since the chips cost me $1....I would do the same with HOK, but I only have the book, and I dont wanna hack it to pieces

eclipse982nrRSTJan-20-05 01:46 PM
6314 posts,
#80610, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 25

I went to a local shop and i think i found my color. It was HOK and it was UK02 or something like that, thats the code. It is a real nice green like that bmw i posted. Anyone with a HOK chip book, take a pic of that color and host it for me, lol.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

madhatter210Jan-20-05 02:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#80612, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 26
Jan-20-05 02:53 PM by madhatter210

I went to a local shop and i think i found my color. It was HOK and it was UK02 or something like that, thats the code. It is a real nice green like that bmw i posted. Anyone with a HOK chip book, take a pic of that color and host it for me, lol.
seeing though its a candy I'm thinking your talking about the second row from the left 2nd one down, notice the "over bc02". Looks very close to the car in the pic considering your looking at it via the internet with no special lighting to enhance it.

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

eclipse982nrRSTJan-20-05 03:30 PM
6314 posts,
#80614, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 27

actually its the second row, 4th one up. the paint chip at the shop i looked at, oh man it was close to that BMW color, it was pretty bright. i seen it in person today, not on the net....
the guy said it was over a green basecoat i think if i recall...

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseJan-21-05 05:40 AM
535 posts,
#80633, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 28

i cant check my email here at work. yeah i like the green. my color the first time i painted was brandywine over orion silver, loved that color. the second time we used a candy apple over a lighter silver, wasnt that impressed. this time im going back with brandywine and orion with medium flakes that will be just right. go with the green, mike u arent painting it yourself are u?? the reason why i ask is because candy isnt something easy. alot of painters that have been painting sometime cant do it. just letting you know upfront, do some research and dont let anyone paint it that hasnt already painted a few already. might want to see their work.
definately saving money in this area isnt an option. not to mention the paint isnt cheap.

CrazyEclipseJan-21-05 06:44 AM
2503 posts,
#80637, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 29
Jan-21-05 06:45 AM by CrazyEclipse

I got all my paint including clear, which is most ecpensive but you dont have to use HOK's clear, for $1600. PPG clear is just as good, it would prolly would have lowered my cost to like $800. (I think they used 3 gallons of the clear because it mixes with the kandy concentrate, plus 5 complete clear coat layers on top)

EDIT: 2100 POSTS! who put that post counts back? I havnt posted much since that was taken away. Damn.

widebodyeclipseJan-21-05 07:05 AM
535 posts,
#80639, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 30

crazy it depends how they did it. using the koncentrate is one way of doing it or u can just get the kandy already mixed by the gallons. if u are going to use a lighter color get the already mixed because if they dont mix it just right candy is very tempermental and you will be able to tell a difference if the color is off. but i would use the hok clear only, they have some very good shit, spend the extra to get the hard shit, not sure what the code was... using ppg could have effects with the chemicals inside them not interacting. also if hok determines that something in the paints is defective they can do recalls and send you all new paint, wpnt happen if you use anything else. and when u are spending that kind of cash im not taking my chances. good choice that u did crazy, just in case....

eclipse982nrRSTJan-21-05 09:07 AM
6314 posts,
#80641, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 31

hell nah im not painting it myself. it was just a simple base coat i would, but not f'ing with the kandy shit. paint is going to cost me $460 including the clear and reducer and everything the guy at the paint shop told me....

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseJan-21-05 09:23 AM
535 posts,
#80644, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 32

dont get the cheap hok clear, u will get rock chips like a mofo. get the medium or if i were u do what i did gety the best hardest shit they got. trust me. and make sure it is hok clear....!!! contrary to what they might tell you. also which color u decided on?

eclipse982nrRSTJan-21-05 09:44 AM
6314 posts,
#80645, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 33

im pretty sure the color of the bmw i posted a couple days ago, i think it would look sweetness

ben, check your damn PM's!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseJan-21-05 10:20 AM
535 posts,
#80649, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 34

u got a pms
that color will look good. u usin hok?
let me know the code if so i will check it when i get to the casa

eclipse982nrRSTJan-21-05 03:17 PM
6314 posts,
#80663, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 35

ya its HOK, the code was UK02 or something, i forget already, i have it written down in my office at the shop...

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipse982nrRSTJan-22-05 06:39 AM
6314 posts,
#80673, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 36

do you guys think it would be fucked up gay that since i have a cf hood and the apr cf mirrors, if i painted my fiberglass dashboard and everythign the color of the car, that green, and then you know how you usually have an accent color to do like 2 diff interior colors, i was thinking of using real carbonfiber. actually, the only thing i would use carbon on would be the lower door panel, since i have 3 speakers on that lower part, and then the interior pieces that are under the dash, ie, the glovebox and whatnot...
think that would be stupid ass looking or nice and smooth looking....

i like the idea because no colors really go with that green besides red maybe and i dont wanna do red...
i can get the carbon twill from a local shop in huge massive sheets and just thought it might be cool.

let me know what you guys think of that.
i will probably do it anyway since it is my car but just thought i would shoot it out there for some opinions, lol

holla

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

DarkTalonJan-22-05 07:15 AM
1142 posts,
#80678, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 37

how often do you plan on driving the car?, 'cause once glassed and painted so brightly, you're gonna have a bit of an annoyance driving on a sunny day....

eclipse982nrRSTJan-22-05 07:18 AM
6314 posts,
#80679, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 38

i only drive it to work like 1 day a week and to shows...
the brighther the better IMO

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Extreme EclipseJan-22-05 10:07 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2005
196 posts,
#80723, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 39
Jan-22-05 10:14 PM by Extreme Eclipse

Alright man. Here are some pictures of my boys cars. All the paint on the car is House of Kolor. I would say the Hottest color on the cars is the black on the 350Z it is freaking amazing. The pictures do the black no justice but there is sooo much flake in it that the paint just gleams. I think it is called Black Diamond Kandy, I don't know the others though but if you are interested I can ask them. My car is a specialty motorcycle paint for the Yamaha R1 made by ColorRite, so if you want something different also you may want to look at motorcycle paint by ColorRite.

John

Elite- Founder/President

www.EliteDriven.com
"Where the Elite Meet"

1999 Wide Body SEMA Eclipse
2005 Lexus IS300

eclipse982nrRSTJan-23-05 01:56 AM
6314 posts,
#80726, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 40

ya a local by me has that motorcycle R1 paint. i need something brighter than that though..
that 350z is kick ass though, props to him

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

eclipse982nrRSTJan-23-05 02:16 AM
6314 posts,
#80727, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 41

what about these, its candy tangerine, looks like it has some yellow pearl or something, i think it might look good on the widebody...
not sure if its HOK though...

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

DarkTalonJan-23-05 06:38 AM
1142 posts,
#80730, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 42

what about these, its candy tangerine, looks like it has some yellow pearl or something, i think it might look good on the widebody... not sure if its HOK though...

it's HOK, it looks like a kandy tangerine with some yellow pearl... kind of what I've suggested to you since you started asking..only opposite

eclipse982nrRSTJan-23-05 07:19 AM
6314 posts,
#80735, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 43

i like it better than the green i think, lol
would look nice with some orange flake in it too.
which HOK is it, do you know?

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseJan-24-05 05:40 AM
535 posts,
#80781, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 44

it really isnt necessarely a yellow pearl. most likely it is the color under the candy giving that yellowish tint. funny thing about candy is you can have a red top coat but a million different colors depending on the base. as for yellow flakes, depends if the base was yellow if it wasnt it would make the color a different color where the flakes are kinda like haveing chicken pox u will wanna match the flake with the base color unless u want to go rainbow didnt think so. but the tangerine is a pretty color in person. net really doesnt do any justice.

also those pics of the 350 and supra are cool. the black is just a black base with flakes put into the first coat of clear, they sell it like a candy but its really not. fyi

eclipse_99rsJan-24-05 12:03 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#80793, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 45

It proble has a gold base coat.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

DarkTalonJan-24-05 06:34 PM
1142 posts,
#80825, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 46

can anyone get some better pics of that black on that Z? and the paint code, etc? I've been looking for a nice unique black....

got_NXJan-25-05 02:34 AM
Member since Dec 22nd 2004
225 posts,
#80835, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 0

Man I don't even have a good pic for you...I had a house of kolor paint job. It look like a green neon light lit up. It was organtic green candy over BC04 base. The car base was actually bright blue to get the loud green color.

Extreme EclipseJan-25-05 05:43 PM
196 posts,
#80891, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 48

Actually, the black that is on the 350Z is a Kandy paint offered directly from HOK with the flake already in it. There was absolutly NO FLAKE added to the clear coat. My boy with the 350Z is sponsored by HOK and I actually questioned him on the color because there is an ass load of flake in the paint. But I have seen the paint in the can and on the car and it is SEXY as hell. By far the best black I have ever seen. I will actually probably end up using that black when I fiberglass the entire inside of my car.

In regards to the guy wanting more pictures, I will do my best to see if my boy Ron can get me some better pictures of the black for you. Those are actually the pictures Buddy Club 2 has on their website because Buddy Club 2 sponsored him and actually designed the 350Z Wide Body kit off his car. I have pictures of my own but they were taken at night and still dont show the black. I will post some in the next couple of days. I will also get you the name of the paint and paint code.

John

Elite- Founder/President

www.EliteDriven.com
"Where the Elite Meet"

2005 Lexus IS300

DarkTalonJan-26-05 06:32 AM
1142 posts,
#80920, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 49

cool, thanks, do you know the code for it? my HOK book is missing

widebodyeclipseJan-26-05 08:20 AM
535 posts,
#80923, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 50

i know that they sell that black, i too am sponsored thru hok for the next and final of 3 different paint setups. what i was refing to was that color can be duplicated by just adding flake to the black base and the first coat of clear then just use regular clear over that. hok sells it and there is a buddy of mine that purchased that and on his wave runner they mixed it themselves and it looks exactly the same. thats all just a cheaper way to doit

Extreme EclipseJan-26-05 10:13 AM
196 posts,
#80930, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 51
Jan-26-05 10:14 AM by Extreme Eclipse

My bad man. I understand what you are saying and you are completly right. That is one way to go about doing it, you just have to have a very expierenced painter so that he can mix and spray the flake evenly each time. If you don't add the same amount of flake to the quarts you may have a scatter effect.

Regardless of what you do thought, HOK requires a very expierenced painter who knows how to spray it and who has sprayed HOK before.

The color is called Black Diamond Metalic, Paint code: MBC-03. I do apoliize though, it is not a Kandy base, it is a metalic base. Regardess , it looks amazing. You may be able to find better pictures on the net, my buddy doesn't have any close ups as of yet but we will try and take some this weekend.

John

Elite- Founder/President

www.EliteDriven.com
"Where the Elite Meet"

2005 Lexus IS300

widebodyeclipseJan-26-05 10:54 AM
535 posts,
#80931, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 52

its all good. the z looks bad ass though. here at work we are websensed and i cant look at your website to see your widebody extreme, i will try to do it at home, keep forgetting. as he said it does take an experienced painter to paint. definately not for the faint at heart....

optimuspetersonJan-26-05 11:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#80933, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 53
Jan-26-05 11:35 AM by optimuspeterson

My old truck was HOK Tangerine.....well some of it, lol

here is some other pics of it

2006 Scion tC

eclipse982nrRSTJan-26-05 12:52 PM
6314 posts,
#80937, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 54

nice color, who is the sexy guy with his shirt off in the background in the last pic? haha
think im gonna go with that HOK candy green..

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

widebodyeclipseJan-26-05 02:07 PM
535 posts,
#80938, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 55

nice choice. mike did u get my message yesterday? goods are in the mail. hit me up when it gets there

optimuspetersonJan-26-05 02:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#80939, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 56
Jan-26-05 02:21 PM by optimuspeterson

well if you are wondering, it isn't me. So don't get any ideas

2006 Scion tC

eclipse982nrRSTJan-26-05 03:29 PM
6314 posts,
#80940, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 57

lol...
ya ben, i will holla when they arrive!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Extreme EclipseJan-26-05 04:21 PM
196 posts,
#80945, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 58

You werent lying when you said "parts of it". Hahahahaha. Shit, might as well just sand down the tangerine and say you are going for a new look. Kind of like when Sport Compact Car MAgazine was doing the project STI in Flat Black. Best of luck to you in your decision. Good Luck.

John

Elite- Founder/President

www.EliteDriven.com
"Where the Elite Meet"

2005 Lexus IS300

eclipse982nrRSTJan-27-05 01:25 AM
6314 posts,
#80956, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 59

that flat black STi was nice looking IMO. i quit doing the body work again to finish building the mew motor now. will start back up on it in about 2-3 weeks. green it is i think with a pearl yellow clear with some matching green flakes in the paint. fuck, i think it will look straight hottttttness!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

destruckeclipseMar-18-05 02:47 PM
Member since Apr 26th 2004
576 posts,
#82758, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 57

Originally posted by optimuspeterson
well if you are wondering, it isn't me. So don't get any ideas

lol!

I love the color on the blue supra, thats looks nice.

'95 GSX - Big16G ~ Leaks, but atleast it runs.

BlizareMar-18-05 03:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#82759, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 61

i NEED to see closeups with the flash of that 350z black.

Pretty please

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

baxsomMar-18-05 03:19 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2004
758 posts,
#82760, "RE: House of Kolor"
In response to Reply # 62

i used hot hues' candy blue on my ZX9

it came out perfect

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #80537 Previous topic | Next topic