Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #742
View in linear mode

Subject: "where can I get tail lights for my talon?" Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiJan-11-01 04:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#742, "where can I get tail lights for my talon?"

where?

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, Tom95Esi, Jan-11-01 06:32 AM, #1
RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, 95ESi, Jan-11-01 12:55 PM, #2
RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-11-01 06:31 PM, #3
RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, 95ESi, Jan-12-01 05:04 AM, #4
RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, Tom95Esi, Jan-12-01 05:43 AM, #5
RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, herbomar, Jan-12-01 02:29 PM, #6
      RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, Tom95Esi, Jan-13-01 02:37 AM, #7
           RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, 95ESi, Jan-13-01 11:00 AM, #8
                RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, Tom95Esi, Jan-14-01 02:26 AM, #9
                     RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, Tom95Esi, Jan-17-01 11:16 AM, #10
                          RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, herbomar, Jan-17-01 02:20 PM, #11
                               RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jan-17-01 03:14 PM, #12
                               RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, TeamStan2gnt, Jan-18-01 01:40 AM, #13
                               RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?, Tom95Esi, Jan-20-01 09:39 AM, #14

Tom95EsiJan-11-01 06:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
70 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#743, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 0

Right now they'res a set on thepartstrader.com, a set on dsmtrader.com, and a set on ebay.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95ESiJan-11-01 12:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#744, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 1

There was a site that said they were doing it...I lost the url..

l e o n

TeamStan2gntJan-11-01 06:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#745, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 0

If your talking altezzas or clears ect I dont think its going to happen. Hell APC is already making mirage, tiboron and protege altezzas, much less popular cars than ours. I wouldn't worry about it though. Our car is one of the few with orig authentic amber rear turn signals (ala japanese eclipse). Think of it as factory custom lights (thats what I'm sticking too until someone makes something).

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

95ESiJan-12-01 05:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#746, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 3

I wouldn't mind it so much if they'd made the center reflector part light up!!!!!

l e o n

Tom95EsiJan-12-01 05:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
70 posts,
#747, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 0

Here's what I did to mine. . . the "TALON" is chrome.

". . .the Eclipse/Talon looks like it's going a hundred miles an hour when it's sitting in the driveway."

herbomarJan-12-01 02:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
17 posts,
#748, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 5

What kind of black paint did you use? Can you see your turn signals anymore? How did you apply the paint? If it was a shop, how much did it set you back? Do you think it could be done with the stock red paint(the paint of your body)?

thanks

Omar
96 Talon ESi RED AND BLACK BABY

Tom95EsiJan-13-01 02:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
70 posts,
#749, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 6

I used "NiteShades Taillight Paint" It is completely transparent when the lights are on. I turn my hazards on and look at it from a distance at night. . you can't even tell. I asked my friend who was following me one night who didnt know I had done it yet if he could tell anything was different about my turn signals. He was like "no. . why?" So I'm not worried about that. I taped off the red part of the tails, and around the body by the yellow part. Then I newspapered the whole car up to about the doors (I get nervous when doing that stuff) I went REALLY light coats (like 10 probably) until you couldn't see the yellow anymore. It took 2 cans of that stuff (about $8 a peice) because I went so light. I was just afraid of it dripping. I was nervous about painting the car, not being able to see at night. . .but all is good now and I'm VERY happy with it. So to answer your question it cost me 16 bucks. If you want to know about the chrome "TALON" part. . let me know.

". . .the Eclipse/Talon looks like it's going a hundred miles an hour when it's sitting in the driveway."

95ESiJan-13-01 11:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#750, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 7

how'd you paint the talon part?

l e o n

Tom95EsiJan-14-01 02:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
70 posts,
#751, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 8

Alright, It's not paint. It is chrome tape. You can get it at any auto store. Mine is called "Chrome Brite" or something. Here's what I did. . . .
1. Take a peice of paper and hold it or tape it up against the car, so the raised letters are under the paper. Then use the side of the point of a pencil and go back and forth lightly over it to trace the shape of the letter. (like you used to back in elementary school
2. Cut out the paper letter you just made. . put it on a peice of the chrome tape, and trace it on there. A marker or foutain pen worked best for me.
3. Just cut out the chrome letter. **make sure you cut on the inside of the lines. Remember, it is traced twice so if you cut right on the lines it will be too big and not stick properly.***
4. Stick it on, make sure its clean and dry first and get it on as perfect as you can. If anything is sticking up, cut it off because it will end up peeling the whole thing off.

I actually painted the tails after doing this, and just covered the letters. . so there is a little paint on the outside of each of the letters. . completely unnoticable, but it helps to make sure the ends don't peel up when i'm washing it. I also did "Eagle," "ESi," and "16V DOHC." When I wash it, I take care not to run over the letters too harshly so they don't peel up. I just kind of firmly dab over the chrome parts with the sponge or mitt or whatever I'm using.

*here's a shot of the signal at dusk, its actually a bit brighter in the pic than real life, but just so if anyone was worried about not being able to see.*

Tom95EsiJan-17-01 11:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
70 posts,
#752, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 9

Is anyone thinking of doing this? What do you guys think about it?

herbomarJan-17-01 02:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
17 posts,
#753, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 10

tom95Esi --your car is pimp because its something special, and you obviously love it.

If you're happy with it, then dont give a f**k about what people think.

I think its cool, but prefer my lights to it... I'm not big on blackouts....Ilike the chrome though. I'm getting white rims(arriving in less than a week), so the chrome is not for me, but definitely tight.

I REALLY want some white/smoke/not altezzas, but street legal w/some small red lights. REALLY BADLY...like $400 badly.

keep us updated if anyone finds some

Omar
Canton, MI
96 Talon ESi

9D9 MITSU RSJan-17-01 03:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#754, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 11

I doubt you wanna do this, but it would be an easy conversion. See about converting to eclipse tail lights, then you have a wider variety of choices. I dunno how much this is, but if u wanna do sme serious stuff, this is something to look at.

TeamStan2gntJan-18-01 01:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#755, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 12

Nah. Then we'd be just like every tom dick and harry with an eclipse. I thought about it. The guy who sold me my 97 front end had a brand new rear for $100. but I passed.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Tom95EsiJan-20-01 09:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
70 posts,
#756, "RE: where can I get tail lights for my talon?"
In response to Reply # 11

No, if everyone on this board said it made my car look like a peice of sh**, I'd never think of changing it. I love the way they look. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of these ideas. I got the idea for the black from someone on the old board, but the chrome was all mine .

". . .the Eclipse/Talon looks like it's going a hundred
miles an hour when it's sitting in the driveway."

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #742 Previous topic | Next topic